what are you reading today?

almondcrush

just finished Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT

^ fantastic

now i am attempting Don Delillo's LIBRA again after making an abortive attempt a couple years ago (only got 138 pages into it, then lost track of the characters)

i am thinking i will go back to reading Proust after this, or try Gogol or Tolstoy

anyone read knut hamsun? i have only read THE HUNGER, and loved it. curious about his other novels

also, anyone a member of librarything? i have poked around on there a bit. kinda fun. be funner if other superfuturians were on there. i am ddml.

ddml - Havent read "the idiot" yet, but ive just started in "Brothers Karamazov"....

the librarything looks interesting but im scared of what the Masons will do knowing whats in my library, no doubt its linked to Paypal and Myspace somehow, another stealth snoop.... UC Berkley's Cyberpunk Lectures are making me paranoid.

I recently read "song of the silent snow" by Hubert Selby jr - god I love this guy, not many more books of his left for me now, shame, hes incredible, innovative, absorbing... if anyone wants to start with him id recommend "the room", brace yourself.

Also read Oryx and Crake by Atwood, amazing. Best Sci Fi ive read for ages...

Im also reading Takayuki Tatsumi's "Full Metal Apache", its brilliant and so SuFu relevant.. all about post war japanese occidentalism and western orientalism and the osmosis of misconstrued notions between the two. Really great theory book.

Guys- check out my so far abysmally unsuccessful thread in SuperFashion called "fashion books" id like some good suggestions for fashion books. I have The Fourth Sex by Bonami and Simons but id like something more theoretical, or maybe just more specific..... yknow? Amerkaji, Gothninja lables, yknow???

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=42832

J.D. Salinger's son/grandson live in my town. his grandson has some weird neurological disorder.

i haven't been reading much of consequence lately. lots of comics, dug out my old MtG novels - which are pretty bitchin - and random things here and there.

the only serious thing im reading right now is Hamlet.

Lately I've been in a reading rut, I was huge into Tolstoy over the summer, read Anna Karenina and some short stories and loved them all, then I read some Murakami and liked that alot, and now I've been trying to get into Dostoyevsky but I hate feeling like I'm forcing myself, I've read the first 100 pages of The Adolescent and The Brothers K and just stopped.

Can anyone reccomend me a good book, kind of sappy and sad, about relationships, maybe I just need another Murakami? I read Wind Up Bird and Norwegian Wood so far, so if you were gonna suggest him again where would you go next.

currently reading David Hume's "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding" for my final philosophy test on tuesday. i read about half the book and now im going to go onto sparknotes so i can get a summary of half the shit i didn't understand.

i need to pass this test bad.

dino: if you were really into the stranger, try a happy death, what reads as camus' unpublished first attempt at the book. not as good, obviously, but gives the reader a deeper understanding of the undertones in the published work

i just breezed Murakami's After Dark. underwhelming. it felt like murakami was setting up all the pieces but elected not play the game.

back to reading Delillo's Libra (which i am enjoying quite a lot); anyone know any good non-fiction about the Bay of Pigs?

fate%20of%20Africa.jpg

I don't really know much about Africa, aside from what I learned in my Ancient Art History course of the continent. I also want to pick of Meredith's Mugabe biography.

The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri

Haven't read this yet...I need to, though. I recommend picking up the latest New Yorker, which features a Lahhiri short story.

fate%20of%20Africa.jpg

I don't really know much about Africa, aside from what I learned in my Ancient Art History course of the continent. I also want to pick of Meredith's Mugabe biography.

The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri

Haven't read this yet...I need to, though. I recommend picking up the latest New Yorker, which features a Lahhiri short story.