2010 Samurai 17oz. LHT - The Poll Thread (Now with Joe McCoy's poll!)

aho

Which contest would you prefer?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer?

• Samurai LHT
    • Joe McCoy's

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very possibly in. I need to better understand the fit of this cut. I'm not skinny. By SuFu standards, okay, I'm fat. sigh. I'm doing extra workouts in the gym, but it's just pumping me bigger. Haven't taken anything off the middle to speak of. My problem.

So, is this a 5-button or 4-button cut? It's listed as "mid-rise", but my Black S5000BK pair show butt-cleavage too easily on my body. They are "low-rise", so I need to know if "mid-rise" is adequate to my chubby needs.

I'm coming off the Full Count contest, and I LOVED that cut. Worn the damn things all the time -- even to work situations beyond what I "should".

Anyway, I'm on the fence, but looking hard at this one!

:cool: LL

LeicaLad, I don't want to make any promises before the final jean (or even a prototype) is released so I can't really state anything for sure but I'd try to compare your S5000BK's measurements to the S500 and see how close either is to your FC's....I guess I'm not really helping but best of luck and I'm sure you'll want in after you see the samples!

All thats left to do on our end really is to wait for the denim samples from Samurai's new factory and Gordon will let us know whats up! Thanks for being patient everyone!

Aho. Very good suggestion. I'd been comparing the measurements with Full Counts, etc., but hadn't thought about a direct comparison with the S5000Bks.

Actually, it still doesn't totally clarify it for me. The numbers are close, but perhaps still too close. Many "mid-rise" jeans are really just "non-SuFu low-rise" jeans.

When the prototype comes out, I guess I'll just talk to Gordon.

Aho. Very good suggestion. I'd been comparing the measurements with Full Counts, etc., but hadn't thought about a direct comparison with the S5000Bks.

Actually, it still doesn't totally clarify it for me. The numbers are close, but perhaps still too close. Many "mid-rise" jeans are really just "non-SuFu low-rise" jeans.

post results of your talk here please. i have same concerns about the rise. +rep

Sigh. All I can say is that it is disgustingly surprising what a decade can do to your body. (Or, more accurately, what you can do to your body in a mere decade!!!) In the decade prior, I was also skinny...

Me thinks your body type is more representative of SuFu than is mine. Still, I can hope. The Full Count contest jean cut was/is fantastic for me. The Warehouse contest cut was okay, but not nearly as good for me as the FC. Thus, I'm just being hopeful than one of the next projects/contests is chubby-guy friendly.

If not, I'll stand by and cheer.

:cool:

Sigh. All I can say is that it is disgustingly surprising what a decade can do to your body. (Or, more accurately, what you can do to your body in a mere decade!!!) In the decade prior, I was also skinny...

Me thinks your body type is more representative of SuFu than is mine. Still, I can hope. The Full Count contest jean cut was/is fantastic for me. The Warehouse contest cut was okay, but not nearly as good for me as the FC. Thus, I'm just being hopeful than one of the next projects/contests is chubby-guy friendly.

If not, I'll stand by and cheer.

:cool:

My metabolism is through the roof. I kid you not, I have not gained weight since I was 16. I'm turning 27 now. Ironically I still look like I'm 18 years old. Some people say I have good genes :D

I also don't gain weight regardless of what I eat and I have a big appetite. I guess it's good to be able to eat whatever you want with no repercussions!

So which Fullcount cut did you like? The straight cut looks appealing to me, but I don't know how it will look with my skinny thighs. Definitely considering it as my next pair given the fantastic results I've seen from the contest.

My metabolism is through the roof. I kid you not, I have not gained weight since I was 16. I'm turning 27 now. Ironically I still look like I'm 18 years old. Some people say I have good genes :D

I also don't gain weight regardless of what I eat and I have a big appetite. I guess it's good to be able to eat whatever you want with no repercussions!

So which Fullcount cut did you like? The straight cut looks appealing to me, but I don't know how it will look with my skinny thighs. Definitely considering it as my next pair given the fantastic results I've seen from the contest.

I was wearing the same stuff at 30 I wore at 18, too. However, it's straight downhill from there. :rolleyes:

I did the 0105 cut of the Full Count. They are not as baggy as the Sugar Cane 47s, but getting there. I like my SC47's, but the FC's beat them, hands down, in all comparisons. Given your shape, I'd suggest the FC1108s.

Yeah I went in to BiG this weekend when I was in NYC visiting a friend and Gordon said that everyone's just playing the waiting game since Samurai is having a new factory making LHT denim and he's not sure if the new factory can handle it or make it to Samurai's quality.

Here's hoping for good luck...

Well no. Samurai is switching factories for most if not all of their denims because their old factory didn't want to make the 21 and 24 oz denim. Apparently, the thick denim was tearing up the old factories looms and they didn't want to take the risk, so Samurai switched mills to one that could make their specialty weaves as well as the regular denims, the only problem now is that the new factories have to optimize conditions for the new fabric, so it might take a little while to make the denim up to standard

I own both the bk's and the 0500's, and I'm also not super skinny. I can tell you that the 0500 cut is very noticeably a higher rise, though not at all as high as say, a 501 cut. it's also more of a carrot type cut, my 0500's had roomier thighs than by 5000's of the same lot# and size. overall, until HTC took my "patch the crotch" as a "taper them an inch all the way down", the 0500 cut was pretty perfect for an all around, slim~ish jean for people with big thighs.

Now they don't fit at all, and I've been meaning to sell them. Or cut them up and make something with them. Fucking tailor.

To the powers that may be: I'm about 75% sure I'll be in on a pair if they happen!

Very bad news guys...possibly the worst news I could provide for this contest and I hate to have to say this so here is what Gordon sent me earlier today:

"So I wanted to update you with the news I received from Samurai yesterday. Unfortunately there will no Jin denim available for the contest. They were only able to produce enough for the upcoming S0210XJ. They apologized for not being able to handle our request and said they’re still open to doing a contest jean if we can come up with another denim/fit combination. I know the point of the contest was to use left hand twill denim and they understand this as well and again are sorry that they could not come through with the denim. There’s a chance towards the end of the year that the denim can be reproduced but we’d need to wait and see and I’m not sure if you guys want to wait that long. If you’re interested in trying to do something with a LHT denim from one of other brands just let me know and I’ll see what can be done. Sorry this didn’t work out like we had hoped.

Regards,

Gordon"

As you can see, there will be no Jin denim from Samurai. As this was a LHT contest, it kind of defeats the whole purpose but I for one would still like to see this contest a go. I will ask Gordon what other denim would be available...maybe we could get one of the 5 elemental denims, etc.etc. but no guarantees....Once again, sorry things turned out this way, it certainly is frustrating given the work we put into this!