Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

Jeans are looking great guys! I've enjoyed wearing my my 66s, 37s, and Warehouse the past two weeks, but seeing these photos is making me antsy to get my 55s back from the repair shop!

Got my 55s back from Schaeffers today. Three weeks with no wear, so I got some catching up to do. Here's the pictures of the repairs. They went a little heavier duty than I expected, but I don't have to worry about the crotch from here on out! Only complaint is the repairs show up a little more than I'd like on the front part of the thighs, but that was probably unavoidable. Nice thing is the seat repair seems to have take a little of the bagginess outta the ass.

Edited by setterman

Thanks for the comments and rep guys! Much appreciated! Took a couple quick photos before work today. Lighting makes it tough to photograph these things with my little point and shoot. Photos from the other day were take inside my office under fluorescent lights and a little sunlight. First one below was taken on my front porch with the rising sun, second two on the back porch in the shade. None of them captures what my eyes were seeing. In real life the non worn areas looked darker and almost purple in the shade.

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

Nice thing about a one man business in a small office? When you don't like the pix you posted on superdenim you can lock the door, draw the shades, and take a couple more. Color is pretty true, just wish I was producing a sharper image. Too wobbly I guess.

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

setterman, i gotta spread. the photos in your repair post are stunning.

next time, try photographing them outside when it's overcast in the middle of the day. spreads the light better - no shadows.

regardless, that's a terrific pair of jeans!

I can't rep you, but I will as soon as I can. They keep looking better Setterman.

This contest is starting to look like a three way race at this point!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and photo advice (I'm terrible at taking photos and need all the help I can get!). As for a three way race, other than one pair I'm not feeling, I think everyone is in the fight. I wouldn't want to be judging this thing in the end, because I think there's going to be at least seven or eight really strong pairs to consider.

"Setterman Wash 1955" huh? Ha! I like it!

I've posted this before, but given the recent activity here, I'll do so again: those 55s are the best LVC's I've seen.

And setterman, I'd love to hear which pair you aren't feeling...

No can do. Feel it wouldn't be appropriate to mention anyone by name publicly or privately.

Probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.

We're all putting in good work and need to encourage and root each other on.

Would be interesting to hear what Levis thinks of the results so far. Would be neat to see Cultizm and Levis get together at the end and use the three winning pair in some sort of professionally photographed advertising.

Would be interesting to hear what Levis thinks of the results so far. Would be neat to see Cultizm and Levis get together at the end and use the three winning pair in some sort of professionally photographed advertising.

That would be very cool. But I think Cultizm, more than Levis, would be apt to do it.

^ An ounce of prevention, Reggie Died. I've touched up the pockets on my 1944 at the slightest sign, and they've held up well while the rest of the jean falls apart. A good fix for the perimeter stitching is to interweave the repair with the old thread. The original thread around the edge of the pocket seems to fail as a complete thread rather than breaking, if that makes sense. You can loop and lock a repair around it, and save it before it breaks.