Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

runormal, I think the 54s are sanforized like your 67s, which are looking great so you should have no problems there. Not too many of them make an appearance on sufu so I say get them.

I'll echo the sentiments of others by saying this thread is really delivering now.

the 54s are unsanforized. also...not a true vintage cut, I dont know if you care though. wash/soak with the zipper up to avoid weirdness.

the 54s are unsanforized. also...not a true vintage cut, I dont know if you care though. wash/soak with the zipper up to avoid weirdness.

by not a true vintage cut do you mean it is a modified version of the original 54 cut? Would the 1955 pitchfork 2 version which had skinny legs and low rise, etc. be another example of this?

fit note: 67s felt so baggy at first , now they feel like skinny jeans but with a high rise. I forgot a belt last week so they were hanging pretty low and coworker said I was too old to wear my jeans like that, haha. high rise jeans aren't always flattering when sagged so maybe that was her point...

i'm rambling - apologies, I know this is the photo thread....

by not a true vintage cut do you mean it is a modified version of the original 54 cut? Would the 1955 pitchfork 2 version which had skinny legs and low rise, etc. be another example of this?

fit note: 67s felt so baggy at first , now they feel like skinny jeans but with a high rise. I forgot a belt last week so they were hanging pretty low and coworker said I was too old to wear my jeans like that, haha. high rise jeans aren't always flattering when sagged so maybe that was her point...

i'm rambling - apologies, I know this is the photo thread....

54's are customized, 55's pitchfork are customized.

my 54's don't have any zipper bulge problems. i'm definitely not a big fan of the cut though (check out the 54's on the first page of the lvc thread -- they've a much fuller shape than the 54's you'd find now). if you'd like a pair with a button fly you might try an undersized pair of 55's. i have two pairs of 55's -- a size 34 and size 36. the sz 36 fit like a traditional pair should, while the sz 34 works just as well as a sort of brando-'wild one'-fit. plus, the 55's shrink a hell of a lot, so you have some options there, depending on how slim you'd like yours to turn out. and, as many others have pointed out in the lvc thread, the 55's are a good cut to size down on because of the fullness of the upper thigh and seat areas.

I just throw mine in the machine. sometimes I would use normal laundry detergent and other times I would use some real nice soap.

6-7 washes is nothing. I had that in the first 2 or 3 months.

Just be patient, they will lighten up eventually

Thanks. Yeah, they're looking awesome, I'm very happy with 'em. Threads and fabric is superstrong, no rips no tears and they had 80 hard times of wear. Frequent washing strengthens the fabric and the thread (and give nice vintage fadez).

Dr House, you sound like a disciple of Salaami!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice patch, Medine. Is that a running stitch around the actual hole, or a backstitch?

Here's an update, 11.5 months. The dry black is already starting to fade a bit, so I'm hopeful that it will meld nicely before too long.

1944midnovf.jpg

1944midnov.jpg

Nice patch, Medine. Is that a running stitch around the actual hole, or a backstitch?

I actually have no idea. I just start from the back and kinda just start stitching idk what you would call that?

I actually have no idea. I just start from the back and kinda just start stitching idk what you would call that?

Well, if you stitched ahead and then doubled back to the previous hole, it's a backstitch. I started doing them on tg's advice. It's really a strong stitch, even if some of the sections break or wear through. It's almost like having a big continuous knot on the back. Kind of looks like that's what you might have going on there.

jwsach...thanks for your compliment and bid of confidence. Still a long way to go though! :)

• 2 weeks later...