Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

Not many issues so far. I've got a whisker above the pocket that's fixin' to tear, but they could take much more abuse.

How many times worn, how many washes? I wear my 37's as hard as I can, those are hard to break in, eh? And yeah, outa rep, sry. They look really nice and authentic. Good to see some natural progress besides all the painted-on lookalike japanese high-contrast stuff.

Sorry for the lack of update guys. My jeans are starting to fall apart, and in too many places to warrant having the crotch or pocket mended. I've also got some grease/oil stains on the front leg and had a pen break in the back pocket.

All in all these have been great summer work jeans because of the light weight, but I'm pretty sure they won't get worn for the rest of the contest, outside very small interior jobs when my Carthartt's are in the wash.

My semi-retired 37's.

6162893244_c8ce1397b7.jpg

P1000905 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

6162360817_b798574e15.jpg

P1000909 by Reggie Died, on Flickr

PS my photos never come out as nice as everyone elses. I'll try and get better pictures after I wash them this week.

Apart from the rules on the two threads on this contest, I can't find anything on what the aim of the contest (i.e. what you needed to do to win) I remember reading about it on the Cultizm site but that was nearly 2 years ago so can't remember - anyone able to jog my memory?

Apart from the rules on the two threads on this contest, I can't find anything on what the aim of the contest (i.e. what you needed to do to win) I remember reading about it on the Cultizm site but that was nearly 2 years ago so can't remember - anyone able to jog my memory?

What do we need to do to compete to win? Wear as much as you want and post pix once every two months. The aim is to produce worn in Levis, whether that be highly contrasted and thrashed or gently faded. Showing what the brand can do, and hoping your end result catches the judge's eye. I've emailed cultizm and Dejan replied that Joe would be contacting me within two days to let me know what the contestants need to do for the end of the contest (when pix need to be submitted by, the size of them, if we post them here or send straight to cultizm, etc).

Here's what I have from joe@cultizm so far. I've sent him another email asking if there's a min/max size on the pictures. I have some work and personal issues ahead of me in October and November, so I may submit my final pix in the next week or two.

"The LVC Contest will end on 1st December 2011. Final pictures will be submitted from the 1st of December to 15th of December, no further final pics will be accepted for the judging after this period. Results of the winners will be announce by the end of December 2011.

Contestants should submit a minimum of 4 pictures and a maximum of 6 pictures, ideally there should be at least the front, back, side views and a

picture of how the jeans fit with each contestant. If contestants have issues with being away during the month of December and are unable to post the pictures, they may email me with their final pictures before that, with their Superfuture username of course.

I was planning on posting the above on Superfuture closer to the end date. Hope this helps and please let me know if I can help you any further."

that's great news! i wonder how many people (including me) actually have met the photos every 2 months requirement.

Maybe ten guys? From my correspondence with Dejan it sounds like he's been watching the contest, so maybe they know who's been posting regularly? I dunno.

Thanks setterman for following up with cultizm. good to know about the updates. Looking forward for the final submission.

I wore my jeans cuffed for today after wearing them uncuffed for awhile and was pleasantly surprised by the roping. how i wish i had them chainstitched..

IMG_9467.jpg

So what, am I out of the contest? I posted updates mostly two months between, sometimes 3 maybe 4 at most. Is it really the right message to disallow contestants who have been in this contest for 1 yr 9 months this way? Especially considering how much of a drop-off the contest has had with how many people originally started.

I don't think the issue is going to be contestants like yourself, who probably posted within a grace period of sorts for each update. Or really with anyone who posted regularly.

I think the problem is for guys who posted on day 1 and then were either never heard from again or posted once or twice over the next 1 year 9 months.

I don't think the issue is going to be contestants like yourself, who probably posted within a grace period of sorts for each update. Or really with anyone who posted regularly.

I think the problem is for guys who posted on day 1 and then were either never heard from again or posted once or twice over the next 1 year 9 months.

I just can't believe that we're already almost at the 2 month left mark.

Or how sick LC's roping effect is on those bad boys.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about this too, since I have no 14- or 16-month updates.

How many times worn, how many washes? I wear my 37's as hard as I can, those are hard to break in, eh? And yeah, outa rep, sry. They look really nice and authentic. Good to see some natural progress besides all the painted-on lookalike japanese high-contrast stuff.

Thanks! Machine-washed mine about 8 times, and worn maybe 375 times. There were a couple months in there of hard wear (with some permanent marks to show for it), but those were sandwiched between long periods of not doing much and only getting worn a couple times a week.

well, no reason to get all excited yet. who knows what they're going to do when it comes down to the end. i don't have a problem with a person missing a few updates, but just posting two or three times over the course of the event is too few. Especially with common jeans like 47s. Someone might have bought a pair of 47s for the contest, hardly worn them over the course of the event, never posted any photos so we could see them evolve, and then for final pix they post a pair of 47s they bought four years ago and have been slowly working on. We wouldn't know those old jeans weren't the ones bought for the contest.

Nice updates guys. Heard back with some more info from Joe. Asked about picture sizes, and mentioned that sufu asks that pictures here be limited to a 640px width. His reply:

"From our side, there is no minimum or maximum size, however if Sufu

has that max size it would be best if pics submitted met that requirement.

Pics submitted can either be links to a photo uploading site, or

posted in the forum thread directly, or emailed to me."

This wraps the contest up for me. Twenty to 30 more days of wear over the next two months isn't going to affect their appearance, and I've got heavy work and personal stuff to deal with through early December, so these will be my final photos for judging. Will submit them to Cultizm after I get a photo of my wearing them this weekend. Been a great contest. I've really enjoyed wearing these jeans, and seeing how other's have evolved. I've had some ups and downs in my life during this contest, and these will be a reminder of the good and bad. Good luck to everyone!

I know sufu wants pix limited to 640pdx, so I'm posting thumbnails to much larger versions. I didn't spend 20 months in these to not show off all the little details!

Setterman, contestant #53, 1955 501XX, figure somewhere around 450 days of wear and roughly 20 trips through the washing machine.

Edited by setterman