Cultizm LVC Contest (photos only thread)

joe@cultizm.com

can't wait to see all these pairs rounded up together for the finale. should be quite the show.

Great looking pairs this page. I think jyoni's are just about officially destroyed!

Wasn't going to post updates again until September, but I felt like taking some pix, and we need to get shit going in this thread. Need new posts more than once every week or two. And I'm damn disappointed in all the guys that jumped in this thing to get free shipping, but never bothered to post more than one or two or to even register. You're cheap cunts. Going by how the dozen or so pair are turning out from the guys who stuck with this, just imagine what a great contest it would have been if all 50+ contestants actually participated.....

dsc00953a.jpg

By setterman at 2011-07-22

dsc00956i.jpg

By setterman at 2011-07-22

These are a lot lighter since the last pics

I've washed them once in between photos, but I don't know that there's been much change in the color. I think it's just different lighting conditions and camera settings.... being in the evening shade for the previous pictures, inside under fluorescent and a little natural light for today's. Today's pictures are pretty accurate (though a hair light) for how they appear indoors.

I'm digging the lack of fade behind the cinch on my 37's. I've been wearing them 5 days a week and washing weekly. These puppies may have to go in for more repairs soon...

Nice! Little things like that fading are what make a pair of jeans really special!

Right now's when the guys who have stuck with their jeans should be starting to run into issues. I've had to patch both legs, I'm getting more thin areas near the patches, I've got more holes wearing in the seat near where I've already had repairs done, and the whiskers in the pocket area are starting to get thin and are going to tear open before things are done. We're reaching the point where were go from nicely worn, to destroyed. :)

Updates. Repairs are starting to happen whenever I even wear them.

002-7.jpg

003-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

Oxidizing of the buttons. The laurel is definitely brass.

008-4.jpg

Full pics didn't show it, but this patch is FINALLY starting to really break nicely. I think it has definitely turned and will continue to meld.

009-6.jpg

Thanks house! They're thrashed man. Had I anticipated this kind of damage, I would have gone for a depression-era pair to "keep it real." In 1944, if a guy got a single rip on his jeans he could just throw them in the gutter and go buy a new pair, haha.

Tough to follow jyoni! Here's my September update. Been trying to take pix with my point and shoot the past few days and haven't been happy with the results. Tried my cell phone today, and they looked better so I decided to go with them.

photo0271q.jpg

By setterman at 2011-09-04

photo0275t.jpg

photo0276wc.jpg