Evisu is still loved!

benzak

i would expect some more shrinkage with another wash, at least at 60°C

i can easily say now "time will tell" as i have enough pairs to wear for now, but in another two years i get nervous again :-D

then, as bF said, you could stretch the inseam back out.

Garden gnomes, that denim looks amazing!

Can't wait to see the post soak measurements and the measurements after they've stretched back out after a few wears.

I've always wanted some Evisu but wasn't sure about my sizing (between a 34w and 35w).

Tigerstrom, can we get some measurements of your 34's after a few wears too?

Garden gnomes, that denim looks amazing!

Can't wait to see the post soak measurements and the measurements after they've stretched back out after a few wears.

I've always wanted some Evisu but wasn't sure about my sizing (between a 34w and 35w).

Tigerstrom, can we get some measurements of your 34's after a few wears too?

Since they shrink from tag size I don't think Tigerstroms measurements will help you that much.  :P

I would have ordered a pair with gulls many times if they didn't come with those short inseams. Would be great to see a collab with a western retailer that takes care of this.

i think it will be pretty hard to get a retailer do a collab with evisu japan as we westerners have to deal with evisu europe - they suck. i am not sure, but i think evisu japan isn't "allowed" to do business in europe...

i hope the evisu no 1 is sold out at denimio now? (keeps fingers crossed)

they'd do a proxy for you

and gnomes, when i look at your pictures i want to get one myself right away... damn the denim looks nice!!!

Edited by Blue Nemo

Do love Evisu and really tempted from these ones recently posted from Denimo.

Evisu was my first unknown venture into Japanese selveged denim after watching Louis Theroux wearing them years ago on the BBC.

These are my current pair, no1 special 2000.

F093278A-B752-466E-B282-92E664B530FE_zps

But don't get much wear as a bit tight in the waist and baggy everywhere else for my liking. Another victim of the Evisu gamble. :)

Still loved none the less but avoid the Carnaby St store like the plague they really do not get what Evisu once was and why what they sell now no longer appeals.

Edited by Jambon

Now I've been wearing my size 34 evisu 2000 no.1 special for almost 3 days and the waist has stretched out to 32.5 inches. The other measurements is about the same as post-wash. I expect some more stretching but all my other jeans is around 33.5 in the waist so that's fine!

I can already say that this is my favorite pair! I think I'm going to wash them pretty frequently to get a nice vintage fade on them!

Edited by tigerstrom

Cold washed the Gatagata's last night.

W: 32

FR: 10.75

TH: 12.6

Inseam: 32.5

Hem: I cant remember, maybe 8 ish?  Ill double check tonight.  I just noticed the dual color chainstitch on the hem, which is really cool.  

Im guessing there is a bit more shrink to go.  

Love the denim.  has a nice course feel to it, but its not slubby.  I dont think the cut will work for me.  I was suspect of the rise from the get go and indeed its too low for my liking.  Dont have it in me to battle a fit anymore.  If it had an 11.5" rise this would be the money cut for me.  

Ill probably post these for sale at some point in the future.