Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

i'm gonna keep pummeling you guys with stuff! today i was back in downtown Norfolk by the Nauticus to do a story on a tallship called Freedom Schooner Amistad. it is a replica of La Amistad, the 19th century schooner taken over by Africans and then later captured by the US. It became a symbol in the movement to abolish slavery.

IMG_2049.jpg

my story is that the crew is in town showing off the ship (giving tours and lectures) but is now getting ready to depart for Haiti. the crew members decided to hit up local thrift stores to bring clothes to the people of Haiti. here's yours truly being a dork.

IMG_2051.jpg

this is Sayzie, she is one of the crew members that went out and got clothes.

IMG_2053.jpg

if you want more info on the ship go here- www.amistadamerica.org. they are a non-profit, so if you can, throw them a few bucks. they're good people.

IMG_2054.jpg

after i was done shooting it was lunch time. normally, i don't take free lunches (eh hem:rolleyes:) but the crew was really cool and one of the guys knew about sufu. (i told them why i was taking all the cheesy photos)

IMG_2056.jpg

right after that there was another event i had to cover. good thing it was right next to where i just was! Congressman Glenn Nye held a presser (news conference) next to the battleship Wisconsin about a new committee that i won't bore you with the details about. has to do with keepin aircraft carriers and other military asset's here in Hampton Roads. not a big fan but again. . .i did it for the tour.

IMG_2062.jpg

afterwards, i HAD to get the Ooe's onboard the battleship! weather is alot warmer today. . .

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

all i can say is that your updates, no mather if vids or pics, are just dope aaron...

loving this tour even if i'm just out there watching the jeans and its way ;-)

and fyi i also was on the battleship (wisconsin) already but i don't know anymore how far it was from the place where my family lives cuz it was something like 10years ago :-)...

my little sis just slapped the back of my neck for being so obviously high on camera(before noon). in the hood we stuff black & milds with the good green so we can ride & smoke without being fucked with as much. i don't even buy dutches anymore. i still bug out seeing the streets i grew up on on youtube. iralex just moved to 26th street, so welcome to murder central baby girl...it seems i can't keep my pants up and illegally 'gamble' at the same time. the fake pooch brawl was for beatle. it's funny how dramatic and sadistic it all looks the first time, then you look at it again and you realize the dogs never touched each other! i love this city

allright,this thread belongs on page 1!

TV,just for you i went to our cam-workshop an did some impressions:

4276439270_6aa41969b3.jpg

the staedycam i made a device for

4275694671_c13b74f9d4.jpg

the legendary 16mm Arriflex.they also use now the Sony F800.

its 50/50 between film and digital now.

4276439848_82f6c0c770.jpg

some dollys

4276440156_81b0663fd1.jpg

and their old cameras.

hope you like it!

..it seems i can't keep my pants up and illegally 'gamble' at the same time. the fake pooch brawl was for beatle. it's funny how dramatic and sadistic it all looks the first time, then you look at it again and you realize the dogs never touched each other! i love this city

also the brown dog sniffed your crotch when you pulled em down haha

sup? Colin, Quinn and i headed out for some lunch today. haven't really posted any food pic's. not sure why. do you guys like that stuff?

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Vlad joined us too.

IMG_2103.jpg

i kinda fukked up this iced coffee. it was crazy sweet and strong.

IMG_2118.jpg

Quinn dumped an entire glass of water across my lap. didn't really care. you'll see why later in another episode. :)

IMG_2119.jpg

Vlad is diggin it.

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

Colin pays up and we leave some candy for the Budda for good luck on the tour. . .

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

head next door to get Quinn a present

IMG_2149.jpg

Quinn likes the jewelry

IMG_2142.jpg

kid friendly body jewelry

IMG_2147.jpg

he tells me he wants his tongue pierced. it'll prob happen someday so we might as well get it done now. . .

IMG_2138.jpg

nervous dad waiting. . .

IMG_2148.jpg

all done. wasn't that bad. ;)

IMG_2151.jpg

and we're off to the next part of our adventure. . .

IMG_2152.jpg

After our lunch we drove over to the CBBT, one of the seven engineering wonders of the world! (or it used to be) it's 23 miles long, has two tunnels and connects the eastern shore of VA to Hampton Roads. during the summer i usually come to the beach area here called Chix Beach. it's great especially later in the day when the sun is setting. it's Izzy's favorite place in the world.

IMG_2154.jpg

a look to the east

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

got some prickly things in my leg! ouch!

IMG_2157.jpg

because there's alot of military bases in our area, we see some really cool things like ships, jets, planes (like this one- a E2c Hawkeye)

IMG_2205.jpg

then we saw these two CH-60 Seahawks coming up the shoreline. watch what one of them does! from Colin's angle you couldn't see the crazy flip he did, but i caught it from the still camera!

PhgVcGKQPWE

IMG_2161.jpg