Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

she's his fucking lady friend. he's just helping her conceive, man!

conceive? you can't get preggers by doin it in the arse, can ya? :eek:

alright ya manics. . .here's a sufu world tour first (at least that i know of)

-9-Te-DPbSE

i don't know what else to say other than- FUCKIN AWESOME!!!! we keep and maintain the chopper right here at the station. the landing pad is out back. notice the camera mounted on the nose.

IMG_2887.jpg

the Ooe's going out for some morning traffic reports.

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

here's the monitors that i look at while operating the gyrocam. the chopper is totally state of the art. the nose mounted flir gyrocam stabilizes the camera and keeps the image super smooth. a xdcam deck is located below on the left if i want to record the shots.

IMG_2866.jpg

this is the controller that i operate the camera with. pretty fuckin cool if i do say so myself. . .

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

chopper pilot extraordinaire- John Massey

IMG_2876.jpg

a birdseye view of downtown

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

hope you all enjoyed that as much as i did! HERE'S SOME BIG NEWS!!!!!

TOMORROW THURSDAY JAN. 28TH I WILL BE IN NEW YAWK F'N CITY!!!!

if you want to come by and see the Ooe's (and meet me, not that you wanna do that) i will be at SELFEDGE sometime between 3pm and 4pm. before that i will be at BiG sometime around 2pm-3pm. if you can, swing by and let's have a beer! sound good? i will have my lady friend as well. good night!!!

ever since i was chosen to be on this tour, i wanted to take the jeans to new heights. i really think i went overboard on this one. . .

as my time with the Ooe's nears it end, i figured, what the hell. . . LET'S ROCK AND ROOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!

our mission- get to the top of the biggest building i could find.

our target-

IMG_2927.jpg

me and my denimhead sidekick, Sarah

IMG_2929.jpg

the Empire State Building is so tall i can't get a pic from the bottom. :rolleyes:

IMG_2930.jpg

holy crap! no lines! we got in and up in less than ten minutes. remarkable if you've ever been the ESB. however, as you'll see later, the snow and low visibility earlier in the day scared most people away.

IMG_2933.jpg

we make our ascent to the top!

IMG_2935-1.jpg

ta-dah! lookin down lower Manhattan!

IMG_2936.jpg

the Ooe's accomplish the impossible!

IMG_2949.jpg

this is Sarah's first trip to the NYC let alone the ESB. pretty mindblowing...

IMG_2938.jpg

i play mr. tourist photographer again

IMG_2944.jpg

lookin uptown towards Central Park

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

the Chrysler Building

IMG_2940.jpg

me being stupid ass happy for doing something ridiculous in the name of denim!

IMG_2950.jpg

i will post more pic's of the Ooe's voyage and highlights to NYC. i know some sufu'ers are locals so it's no big deal, but i know you outta towners will enjoy the places i took the O.Y.W.T. more to come later after Quinn goes to bed.

so, to really make my part of the tour complete, i had to do somethin really special. at first i thought i would go up to D.C and hit all the spots there. but, the truth is, my heart is in NYC. between workin and being a dad, i don't have much travel time these days. i decided to use a vacation day and take the chinatown bus from VA beach to NYC yesterday. Sarah had never been to NYC, so i figured that would be a great trip for her as well.

the bus departed wednesday night at 12:30 am. we slept most of the way up and we're there by 6:30 in the morning, which actually surprised me cause it usually takes about 7 hours to get up there. we got dropped off in Chinatown and headed down to the financial district first. my plan was do lower Manhattan first, Midtown then back to SoHo and the Lower East Side.

Federal Hall and Wall Street was the scene of the United States' first presidential inauguration. George Washington took the oath of office on the balcony of Federal Hall overlooking Wall Street on April 30, 1789. This was also the location of the passing of the Bill Of Rights.

IMG_2894.jpg

NY Stock Exchange

IMG_2893.jpg

Sarah on the steps of the JP Morgan building

IMG_2892.jpg

walked down to Battery Park located at the very southern tip of Manhattan

IMG_2897.jpg

it started snowing pretty hard, which added to the NYC experience, however, visibility sucked. if you tilt yer screen back you might see the Statue of Liberty

IMG_2898.jpg

greeting the immigrants

IMG_2902.jpg

blending in with the other Jews...

IMG_2903.jpg

also in Battery Park is the badly damaged sphere that used to sit between the WTC. they turned it into a memorial.

IMG_2905.jpg

a shot of Ground Zero. they blocked off all the fences ppl would stand and take pictures from. part of that is prob b/c there's alot of construction going on.

IMG_2906.jpg

after getting caught in a ton of snow in lower Manhattan, we decided it was time to get some grub. hittin the sub

IMG_2908.jpg

i totally forgot to take pic's of our breakfast, but we went to my favorite bakery in the world- Bruno's. it's on Laguardia Ave two blocks south of Washington Square

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

amazing desserts!!!!!!! no explanation needed.

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

after that Sarah needed a pair of shoes so we walked over to Broadway and looked around. eventually we crossed down into Soho and found a pair and took a sub from Prince St up to 34th.

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

stopped inside this neat little trinket shop for a few minutes. got Quinn some crazy frog sunglasses

IMG_2926.jpg

after that we hit the ESB which you've already seen

IMG_2948.jpg

Radio City Music Hall

IMG_2957.jpg

Rockefeller Plaza. Sarah stood in front of the Today Show window with the backdrop of the plaza behind her.

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

Times Square. notice the 2010 New Years Ball above the Toshiba sign

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

and of course no trip to NYC wouldn't be complete if you don't go to the best denim shops in the country!

hit up BiG first. a police van pulled up just as i was about to take the pic

IMG_2973.jpg

i only took two pic's at BiG. this one and the first. this wasn't my first time here but every time i walk in there i lose my breath. a few products that stood out that need mentioning. first- the new BiG jeans by PBJ. amazing quality, construction and fit. two- the Real McCoys A-2. i don't know shit about these jackets and honestly i'd thought i'd look dumb in one. NO WAY. jacket was amazing fit, quality. . .EVERYTHING. three- the staff. super friendly and cool. i brought my FC's with me to show them the before and after. I f'd up and forgot to take a pic of that side by side. Sarah couldn't believe it was the same denim. they enjoyed them as well. BiG's a great place, you can't go wrong with anything in there. trust.

IMG_2975.jpg

after Big, it was time for some Self Edge! of course you guys know the deal. fantastic place as well. you can see from my pic that it's not very big, but i can assure you it is stocked with the some of the best clothes on the planet.

IMG_2977.jpg

Again, everyone was extremely cool and laid back. Sarah tried on a bunch of stuff cause they had more stuff in her size. her fav is the MF dungarees. gonna have to save up for some of those. if you haven't seen MF in person or Iron Heart, you can't begin to imagine how well made and awesome those products are. the IH flannels, I could live in one of those for the rest of my life!

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

i showed the FC's to the guys there as well as the Jimmy C FH tour shirt. after that it was time to catch our bus back to VA. we made it back by midnight, so it was one helluva trip in a short amount of time. i'll probably have one more update before i send the jeans off on Monday. it's been a ton of fun, i hope you guys enjoyed my leg of the tour!