SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

hell yeah APEKASU SUPARINTU. is that yours? do any track/circuit racing? I've never had the chance to drive a trueno, but I've heard that they're every last bit as good as the "rumors" say they are for track racing.

Panda, mazdaspeed 3 is a great car, you'll love it. I was pretty close to buying one last year, but went with a civic Si instead. As nice as it would be to have a factory turbo, shifting at 8500 RPM is just that much more enticing to me. I've been a Honda guy all of my life, though :-)

Also test drove the 09 WRX. Man, what a beast that car is, but the gearbox feels like you're shifting through rocks. I guess Subaru transmissions have been pretty crappy for a while, as my friend's 02 STi felt pretty similar from what I can remember. Huge, long clunky throws.

hell yeah APEKASU SUPARINTU. is that yours? do any track/circuit racing? I've never had the chance to drive a trueno, but I've heard that they're every last bit as good as the "rumors" say they are for track racing.

nice. hachi roku.. what did ya transplant in there?

i know this may turn into a gearhead thread, so i'll keep it short.

My car has a 3sgte transplant with itb's and t3/t4 turbo. Built engine, supra trans, supra rear. Pushing 400hp at 15psi. car weighs in at 2090 dry weight.

"Regular" hachi's are super fun. It was probably the most fun track car i had since you can just puch the car all out. This one is like taming a beast- i dont get full traction till 4th gear. if you wanna talk cars, lets setup a car thread in the other forum of sufu:)

i know this may turn into a gearhead thread, so i'll keep it short.

My car has a 3sgte transplant with itb's and t3/t4 turbo. Built engine, supra trans, supra rear. Pushing 400hp at 15psi. car weighs in at 2090 dry weight.

"Regular" hachi's are super fun. It was probably the most fun track car i had since you can just puch the car all out. This one is like taming a beast- i dont get full traction till 4th gear. if you wanna talk cars, lets setup a car thread in the other forum of sufu:)

good god. yeah, with a build like that, this will quickly turn into a gearhead thread. i'm just impressed if you can keep that thing in a straight line. :-P

2090 lbs to a 400 hp car is frighteningly light. i went through a brief weight reduction phase for autocross, and using a scale, brought the curb weight of my fully-fueled Si down from 2750 lbs to approximately 2500 lbs (removed back seats, stereo system, spare, jack, trunk floorboard, some other things i can't remember.) in the end, the difference seemed negligible for autocross and i put it all back in.

i just picked up a cobb accessport for my si, and it's a load of (nerdy) fun to play with. i'm currently running a custom stage 2 map which utilizes a homebrew hybrid of the new Si and new Civic Type R throttle inputs. it's amazing, the car just gets up and goes now. no more "VTEC stands for Virtually Torqueless Economy Car" in low RPM. with the built-in dynamometer, i was making approximately 199 HP and 154 ft/lbs torque at 7515 RPM, which is about where this unit goes apeshit in its calculations. nothing accurate beyond that, but the car continues to make power up to about 8500 RPM. Based on an old dyno printout I have from when I had a short ram intake as opposed to a cold air, and no accessport, I made about an additional 10 HP between 7500 RPM and 8500 RPM, so it's safe to say that I'm at approximately 210 HP. not too bad for a 2.0 N/A build with stock internals I suppose. this is my daily driver though, and i'm honestly afraid to start hacking into the head.

in related denim news, my "OEM quality" clamp to the radiator hose decided to snap on me today while driving, and i got to make the ~2 mile walk to autozone to buy new clamps and antifreeze. bad day to opt for the 19 oz samurais instead of the dry bones... it's something like 95 degrees out. as my girlfriend and i always say, "at least it's good for sweet fades."

4 months or so... had to post photos since i plan to wash soon since my darling said she could smell my human reek while sitting next to me... ;-)

db001.jpg

db002-1.jpg

db003-1.jpg

db004-1.jpg

db005-1.jpg

db006-1.jpg

db007-1.jpg

^^^^ this one was adjusted as i had taken this photo underexposed, but it was too dark so i tried to overexposure it but it lost some colors... nevertheless it makes up a great shot i think...

these photos taken yesterday on an overcast day in my home...

also, my hip side have been stretching considerably (even though the thigh part do not... wish thigh stretched more than my hip side...) once i wash it, hopefully it'll shrink back. been bouldering often in this jeans so lots of weird movements on this jeans.. as well as some abrasions with rock, too...

anyway, keep up the wonderful work, guys! the jeans are looking good...

just recently washed my jeans for the first time last night and hung it dry... so here's the results in an overcast weather at a home (i live in a 415 area so it's always foggy here)...

`post003.jpg

post001.jpg

post004.jpg

post002.jpg

post007.jpg

post006.jpg

post008.jpg

post005.jpg

i haven't even worn the jeans yet today as it's still little damp. the colors came out great after my yellow reek came off the jeans! hopefully it'll shrink the hip pointers back to its original state... i'm actualy thinking of sewing the red tag to the rear pocket once the green stitches are worn off completely...

beatle: thanks...

Excuse the over exposure...my point and shoot is finally back in action after a month's hiatus...

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

fly wrinkles as discussed prior:

IMG_3769.jpg

...and shot of my dinner:

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

xchen and gamma got me beat so far but don't you worry! ;)