Left Field Jeans

scotty2

http://instagram.com/p/kxalfORc9M/

Hey everyone! New to sufu but have been a Left Field fan for several years. Glad to be one of the Minnesota crew in the sweatpants contest. I'll be posting pics of wear and tear on my instagram page until I figure out sufu.

I wear a 34 greaser and went with a large sweatpants. They fit me similar to the miner. Probably could have fit a medium, but like a little room in the leg.

Will try not to wash or soak for a few months.

cyy0j72l.jpg

gtOR3PIl.jpg

tMtDIC1l.jpg

My name is Chris and I live on Long Island.  Excited to be part of the contest.  Here are my initial fit pics.  If this can be my official intro, I'll leave it as such.  If not, I'll be happy to post again.  The sweats have not been washed or soaked and I'm not sure what my approach is going to be just yet.  Due to the nature of my job, I can't wear these to work.  But I'll be wearing them after work each day and chasing my 10 month old daughter around on the weekends.  This will be my first contest and I'm happy it's for Left Field as I only wear LF pants these days.  Looking forward to a fun year! 

cyy0j72l.jpg

gtOR3PIl.jpg

tMtDIC1l.jpg

My name is Chris and I live on Long Island.  Excited to be part of the contest.  Here are my initial fit pics.  If this can be my official intro, I'll leave it as such.  If not, I'll be happy to post again.  The sweats have not been washed or soaked and I'm not sure what my approach is going to be just yet.  Due to the nature of my job, I can't wear these to work.  But I'll be wearing them after work each day and chasing my 10 month old daughter around on the weekends.  This will be my first contest and I'm happy it's for Left Field as I only wear LF pants these days.  Looking forward to a fun year! 

Apparently, crogers0031 ain't nuthin to fuck with

looking good everyone! so excited to see people from all over (especially msp!) throwin' down on some Left Field. this is already to fun. i can't wait to see how everyone's turn out.

@ukeno nice shot, you can see the depth of the indigo well

@skurlandski The Kerouac's have a tight thigh so anyone with muscular thighs should go with the Miner fit. My other fit in my head is Miner thigh with Kerouac knee and opening? any thoughts? 

@stanrae unfortunately I'm not making anymore Indigo duck chinos at all. I have a little indigo duck left and  may do a proper pair of indigo sneaks. The ones I did before were both made out of White Oak duck. I do have some nice Cone Selvedge 10 oz indigo twill I'm cutting in the Miner and the Field pant shortly so more stuff to stain up your shit.

@EmperorSelassieEye much props for the skull head on the phone

Wearing my sweats now, med's because I'm in denial of my actual size. I'll have Andrew shoot them at the shop tomorrow, I suck at posting picts on here. Andrew and I are joining in for fun only as well, obviously we won't be winning anything. Thanks for all the post and picts it's cool to hear where people are from and what they are into/do ends up turning into a family affair very quickly that way. 

My other fit in my head is Miner thigh with Kerouac knee and opening? any thoughts? 

sweet.

@skurlandski The Kerouac's have a tight thigh so anyone with muscular thighs should go with the Miner fit. My other fit in my head is Miner thigh with Kerouac knee and opening? any thoughts? 

@stanrae unfortunately I'm not making anymore Indigo duck chinos at all. I have a little indigo duck left and  may do a proper pair of indigo sneaks. The ones I did before were both made out of White Oak duck. I do have some nice Cone Selvedge 10 oz indigo twill I'm cutting in the Miner and the Field pant shortly so more stuff to stain up your shit.

RE both the fit idea and the sneaks: that sounds like I'd have a hard time ever wearing anything else. Definitely expect a preorder from me as soon as those become a reality.

Quick pre-wash fit pic:

DSC04481_zps7bd6dd32.jpg

And the post wash(cold wash no detergent, tumble dry til damp, air dry) fit pic on a lazy sunday morning:

DSC04482_zps9549d352.jpg

Tough to compare color with the different lighting, but IRL there was no difference pre- and post-wash.

Proper contest intro pics/bio coming soon!

im 6'2 about 205 right now (im bulkin brooo). i wear a medium. they were real slim at first. let em stretch over night before i snapped my glamour shots. i dont plan on washing my sweats too often. gonna treat em like a pair of raws. every 3 months or so. 

IMG_6492.jpg

hairy detail shot with my dog

IMG_6494.jpg

definitely in for those 10 oz indigo twills 

im 6'2 about 205 right now (im bulkin brooo). i wear a medium. they were real slim at first. let em stretch over night before i snapped my glamour shots. i dont plan on washing my sweats too often. gonna treat em like a pair of raws. every 3 months or so. 

hairy detail shot with my dog

really good fit, but could do without the tummy shot in the future  :D

by the way - the indigo twill is really cool.  i can't wait to snag a pair in the field pant.

Very beaten pair of the Weinbrenner Thorogood moc toe here http://be-cause-blog.com/2012/10/28/thorogood-work-american-heritage-moc-toe-after-1-year/

For the money, here in the UK at roughly half the price, the Heritage collection certainly seem a good alternative to Red Wing. Certainly better value and I haven't seen a poor report.

12716275113_59db3ed1b7_z.jpg

12716274673_a4f1abf94d_z.jpg

Looks like both the moc and round toe also come in steel option. Half tempted myself.

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catid=137

Sorry to derail gentleman.

It looks like they may have upped their game on the oiled finish.  Teh pair I had in hand felt and looked like it was harvested from a downed infant cow.  You should try a pair.  I may revisit these or as I said cop a black pair.

Pretty cool to see all of the MN boys in here. Look what you've done Satchel!

More people need to come to phoriday.  Myself included.  I come once in a while but I'm so head-addling busy I'm usually a bit aloof from the group and just get the child's meatball pho lately.  Maybe a vietnamese french fry or two if Satchel has any left.

More people need to come to phoriday.  Myself included. 

oh man!

it would be so dope if pho-riday turned into a weekly sufu hang. it's true you (and wifey and jordan) need to step up your attendance game.

9pm at trieu chau on university in saint paul just a few blocks from the shop.  every friday. everyone invited.  non-minnesota peeps invited too.

pho-riday. what a good day.

buy left field.

Edited by satchelbmoore

we'll have to get you guys back out here someday, christian! maybe do a trunk show or something. pho on me!

I am so down for pho-ridays.  I will do my best to make it this Friday.  On another note, I wiped some dirt off my Greasers after work:

ZVmGtAk.jpg

I think there might be some indigo dye on these jeans...

Tough to compare color with the different lighting, but IRL there was no difference pre- and post-wash.

Proper contest intro pics/bio coming soon!

Thanks for the info.  Doesn't look they changed much.  Looks like maybe a couple inches of shrinkage on the inseam.  Still debating on whether to wash mine.

Hey I'm Nate out of Bushwick, Brooklyn (about a mile from Left Field HQ).
Christian and Andrew are true blue gents ;) If you guys ever get out to NY, it's definitely worth paying the showroom a visit. It'll give you a better appreciation for the personalities behind the brand. That being said, I'm wearing a medium. Did one inside/out cold wash and a short hot dry (still a little damp when I took it out). Now I'm not bleeding everywhere, and I didn't notice too much shrinking, nor did I notice any change in color or fading after the wash.

9yvIJp9l.jpg

SrInOETl.jpg

UjTSf1al.jpg

Ti7qleNl.jpg

a8HW6pUl.jpg

orcQXkHl.jpg

Edited by Toincoss

@jortslife The first round was washed the 2nd unwashed, you should be able to tell by some puckering and fabric stiffer due to the heavy compacting. So they may have already been washed and dried. 

@zenrunner I think it would be cool if you didn't for comparison as long as they aren't too loose.

christian mentions here and somewhere else that you might be getting a washed or unwashed pair but the site measurements represent the post wash versions. I think that's why there's been some variation in shrinking.

Hey I'm Nate out of Bushwick, Brooklyn (about a mile from Left Field HQ).

Christian and Andrew are true blue gents ;) If you guys ever get out to NY, it's definitely worth paying the showroom a visit. It'll give you a better appreciation for the personalities behind the brand. That being said, I'm wearing a medium. Did one inside/out cold wash and a short hot dry (still a little damp when I took it out). Now I'm not bleeding everywhere, and I didn't notice too much shrinking, nor did I notice any change in color or fading after the wash.

9yvIJp9l.jpg

SrInOETl.jpg

UjTSf1al.jpg

Ti7qleNl.jpg

a8HW6pUl.jpg

orcQXkHl.jpg

Nice to see you here, Nate.  You're always welcome over here.  Let's get together soon.

Buttero sneakers?