Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I don't even want to say why but I would like to replace my sweatshirt and start again, just reset the whole thing.  Goddam  :laugh:

And Satchel, if that other lady didn't scoop those sweats I'll throw my hotness into the contest mix.  No need to double up "as wife" she can do it on her own.

you're gonna toss it??

she scooped them today. sorry!

Motherfucker.  I asked you to tell her she looked fat in them so that she wouldn't buy them.  Didn't you tell her she looked fat?  Jesus Christ.

jk is she in the contest then?

Motherfucker.  I asked you to tell her she looked fat in them so that she wouldn't buy them.  Didn't you tell her she looked fat?  Jesus Christ.

jk is she in the contest then?

The last time I had a woman in a contest she won by a long ass mile (at least imo, and in the end, period).  Get her to join.

she's in. she's fresh from a trip where she jumped in the antarctic ocean in her APCs. we all need to step up our game. she's planning on wearing them in the Salton Sea next week.

Andrew, you can add Susan Schwartz* to the list. she got the final, coveted small.

she's in. she's fresh from a trip where she jumped in the antarctic ocean in her APCs. we all need to step up our game. she's planning on wearing them in the Salton Sea next week.

Andrew, you can add Susan Schwartz* to the list. she got the final, coveted small.

You got it!  Happy to have you aboard Susan.  Not sure I can compete with the Salton Sea Soak.

Some good female representation in this contest, but if I'm not mistaken no ladies have posted a fit picture yet.  

Hello everyone!  This is my first post on sufu and I am participating in the sweatpants contest.  My name is Aisha (pronounced Awsha) and I am a girl.  I currently live in San Diego, a place that is never too hot or too cold (it's perfect) and I'm so excited for this contest.  I got a size small in these pants and they are still a little too big, I think I will be giving them a wash and possibly tapering them to make them fit, not sure yet though.

about to play on my ps4

uNzrMhy.jpg

as you can see they're a little long..

nKzDjPe.jpg

sorry the pix aren't that great, i don't have a full body mirror yet.  i'll take some better ones when i get a chance!

Is there going to be an official contest thread, or are we just doing it in here?

The plan is just to do it here since we assume things will be moving a little slower during the summer months.  We'll be doing blog posts on the Left Field blog for contestant lists and other updates along the way to archive what's going on.

Had to get a sweat pant fit for the 50th page.

hIdho8e.png

Throwin' up another sweat pant pic!

My girlfriend and I went up to the ice caves on the shore of Lake Superior in Wisconsin. She managed to forget to pack a base layer or snow pants, so the sweatpants moved into "snowpants" mode (far from optimal...but better than nothing I guess). She had to tie them super tight and roll up the bottom 3-4 times...but they worked pretty well and kept her warm!

IMG_4634-2_zps6db4cf7c.jpg

*She's also rocking my Duluth Pack/ Blackblue scout pack. I had on a Left Field work shirt....but didn't get any pictures of myself!

IMG_4742-2_zpsbe2323fa.jpg

IMG_4695-2_zps9a2131bd.jpg

We thankfully went early enough that it wasn't *packed*....but it was still pretty crazy. The number of people walking to the caves as we were leaving was pretty insane. It's a little hard to see here, but there is basically a solid stream of people following the shoreline for the entirety of this picture.

IMG_4814-2_zps9e769e01.jpg

Just threw the pants into the washer. Gonna dry them as well to see if I can get them to shrink a little.

You got it!  Happy to have you aboard Susan.  Not sure I can compete with the Salton Sea Soak.

Some good female representation in this contest, but if I'm not mistaken no ladies have posted a fit picture yet.  

Let the games begin....

lookin' good ray! i don't see a gut... sweet boots!

in similar news, check out Jyoni's LF sweatshirt makin' a cameo in his final submission for the Ooe contest. You'll see why he asked about repair material on this thread earlier.

MSP peeps, those jeans will be at the shop if you want to see them in person. John and his sweatshirt/pants might be there sometimes too.

The plan is just to do it here since we assume things will be moving a little slower during the summer months.  We'll be doing blog posts on the Left Field blog for contestant lists and other updates along the way to archive what's going on.

Had to get a sweat pant fit for the 50th page.

hIdho8e.png

Thanks pepper! Try not to look so sad, huh. ;)

Thanks for the compliments, guys.  I thought it was pretty cool that Ray and I had such similar outfits for our final pics in the contest.

I'll bring em over tomorrow, Satchel.  Incidentally, my wife would like to exchange a larger belt so she can run a little more slack.

Thanks pepper! Try not to look so sad, huh. ;)

he's just thinking of more ways to make us gladly spend more $$ on LFnyc.

So getting a lot of puddle washes on the sweatpants...  And, slipped and fell on my butt.  Thought I was black and blue until it washed off in the shower...  Still some indigo staining after a cold wash and hang dry.  Pics to follow soon but not of my butt! 

great to know re inseam shrinkage.... I need some shrinkage!  did you wash on hot too?

No, I soaked them inside-out in cool water for a little while, then they went into the dryer sopping wet with a few towels. 

Satchel mentioned your tinyness when I was trying to snag your pair -- I'm sure you'd be happy with the results of dryer shrinking.  The whole block actually shrank quite a bit on mine.  I didn't mention that because the material has very easy stretch so the inseam length was the only major issue there.

Be careful with drying them on hot because of the elastic in them!  It's a risky thing.  I wouldn't run them past damp on hot.  At that point you may even want to just finish with a hang dry rather than lower heat...and never machine dry them again.  Once the initial shrinkage is out, there is no reason to do anything beyond hang drying imo.

Hey guys! I'm Bryan from New Jersey. 

I took a few fit pictures of my sweat pants draped over my scrawny frame. I went with a size small, and they are still pretty loose. But I just knot up the drawstring and things are fine. I did a quick rinse followed by a hot dry, and they shrunk up a bit.

These pictures are pre-rinse/dry.

RRJnnKW.jpg?1

YsmZcUZ.jpg?1

dt9O6Sa.jpg?1

I look forward to seeing everyone's progress as their sweats get broken in!

Hello All,

This is my first post on sufu and also my intro post for the sweatpants contest. My name is Greg and I am from Fort Worth, Texas. Currently I am at school in Chicago. I am hopelessly obsessed with raw denim and evolution and these sweatpants are just a whole new game for me. I am very surprised how well these things dress up. Everybody is shocked/intrigued when i mention I'm wearing sweats. I even went out to lunch with my mom and she thought i was in real pants! I can't wait to see how these things evolve and I'm excited to actually participate on sufu instead of just lurking like usual. Here are my initial fit pics. I love these things with my engineer boots and a button down. 

xhRXsWa.jpg?3

8n6MuIZ.jpg?3

zg7WYpw.jpg?4

6QI5XHh.jpg?2

O0CcVvh.jpg?3

Hi all! This is my first post on here/sufu. To introduce myself, I'm Melissa, from NorCal and living in Chicago for school. I'm the girl behind Farmtown Denim - I make raw denim and leather goods. I also dye anything and everything I can find indigo, so I was very excited to hear about this contest. Here are my initial fit pics, as well as those after the tapering job I did myself.

Before taper:

7snaqSB.jpg?1

Y3M4zNO.jpg?1

kNZLkeO.jpg?1

nnmbeiT.jpg?1

After taper:

eHnSsZz.jpg?1

94mWIqc.jpg?1

07yGsFR.jpg?1

Ib3wzlO.jpg?1