Left Field Jeans

scotty2

i feel like i'm preaching to the choir here...just wanted to say how much i love the quality of left field's jeans. i've never been a serious denim guy, but the black maria showed me how great a pair of pants can feel. rock solid, yet soft. unfortunately the chelsea cut is still much too baggy for my body. i've tried to incorporate it into my wardrobe but the fit just does not work, makes my legs look like tree trunks when they're more like twigs. guess i'll just have to hold onto these until age starts doing its thing on my body...

i've settled on apc petit new standards, and while the fit is ideal the quality leaves much to be desired. nearly the same price, yet left field's denim is much much better sourced and made. i wish i could get the black maria in this fit :( 

make some skinny jeans, please!

Sweat Pants have arrived.

Indigo everywhere - in the machine & now drying.

They look great and fit nicely.

Very comfy.

Looking forward to competing in something so comfortable!

Any reason you decided to wash before wearing?  I'd like to shrink mine a little but I didn't want to lose that much indigo.  These things  are bleeding a ton so I imagine the indigo loss would be fairly substantial.

I think that's right from what I remember.

Still trying to make the decision on joining.

It just sounds like such a damn comfy contest.

Plus I can wear my indigo tee with them too, Canadian tux-loungewear?

Get the sweatshirt for the full effect!

@UkeNo I hear you on that. I washed and dried the first batch had every dryer in the laundromat going and everything was blue! She threw in a white sheet after a load i did and I had to grab everything and run. Was waiting for it to come out tye dyed. Just make sure you wipe out the dryer afterwards if there is any residue. But these were meant to be one wash and hot dry. Thanks for everyone's participation and enthusiasm should be fun getting to know everyone. C

someone should buy a pair of white or natty high-top chucks. i'd like to see those after 1 year of crocking.

Yeah....there was so much excess indigo with the sweatpants that both me and my girlfriend had to have a serious scrub after only trying them on for 2 minutes. :)

They're air drying now after a 40 degree delicate cycle an are still saturated with indigo.

Maybe another soak and dry before the 1st March.

They are seriously comfy though. I'll be good and hold

Off wearing them early (maybe ;) )

I have also envisioned a full indigo Outfit. I have a hoody, shirt,T and jacket. Must find shoes and socks!

Thanks Christian these are very cool sweats.

Don't know yet Jorts as they're still wet.

I'm not intending on tumble-drying them so will have to wait a little longer.

At first glance they don't look to have shrunk a great deal. Maybe tightened up a bit?

From what LFNYC said, they are cut across the grain to avoid shrinkage anyway.

Will report back when they're dry.

Edited by UkeNo

@UkeNo I hear you on that. I washed and dried the first batch had every dryer in the laundromat going and everything was blue! She threw in a white sheet after a load i did and I had to grab everything and run. Was waiting for it to come out tye dyed. Just make sure you wipe out the dryer afterwards if there is any residue. But these were meant to be one wash and hot dry. Thanks for everyone's participation and enthusiasm should be fun getting to know everyone. C

So you are suggesting an initial wash and dry?

Hello fellow rawdicts. I am new to sufu, and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I received my sweatpants a few days ago. I am looking quite forward to my most comfortable contest yet, as well as seeing everyones fades!

PS. Satchel- I was planning on doing that with said converse. I'll keep you posted.

welcome to sufu, stef!

we're developing a great twin cities representation here in the LF thread! great job guys.

Hello fellow rawdicts. I am new to sufu, and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I received my sweatpants a few days ago. I am looking quite forward to my most comfortable contest yet, as well as seeing everyones fades!

PS. Satchel- I was planning on doing that with said converse. I'll keep you posted.

Hey eksoekso, welcome and glad to have some more women on the thread and contest. 

@jortslife my shrink test was 3% x 4% on the indigo terry

@gufo I added the shrink to the pattern because i figured people might wash and dry so it's built into them. If you want a looser fit or the length then maybe treat like raw denim cold wash hang dry. My pair were washed and dried, would never do it with denim but the dryer compacts the fabric so it becomes even thicker and tightens up the fit. 

i'll be interesting to see how these all age based on soaks/no soaks etc... if anyone does wash theirs it'd be helpful to do some pre/most measurements to help people out. i'll do that when i get to mine.

@jortslife The first round was washed the 2nd unwashed, you should be able to tell by some puckering and fabric stiffer due to the heavy compacting. So they may have already been washed and dried. 

@zenrunner I think it would be cool if you didn't for comparison as long as they aren't too loose. 

Hey everyone,

I heard about the Sweatpant contest from /r/rawdenim on reddit and it sounded pretty cool so I joined. I guess I'm a Left Field fanboy now since I already have the Nisshinbo jean and the Cone Duck jean. I'm really liking the sweatpants so far, very comfortable. I can't wait to see how everyone's sweats progresses. I hope you all enjoy them and best of luck with the contest!

Here are some pictures I took last weekend:

YPVh9Jk.jpg

xix2dVP.jpg

Excuse the diaper butt :sad: