Eternal Jeans

minya

Just bought some Eternals from BiG.

My true waist is a 33, but they didn't have any in stock so I tried on a 32 and they was really snug and tight. They told me they'll stretch so I bought 'em.

No access to a camera atm :(

The only thing annoying me is this weird V-shaped crease in the crotch area...the creases start at both front pockets and go to the lowest button basically making a V around my package.

Anybody know how to fix this?

update on my tagged 38 eternal 811BG one-wash, after an additional soak:

waist - 35"

inseam - 36"

upper thigh - 13"

leg opening - 9"

f.rise - 11"

b.rise - 16"

these are the exact measurements of a tagged 36 eternal 811BG one-wash - odd! but, I remember gordon stating sth related to odd measurements above tagged 34.

honestly, I could not be more happy with the measurements depicted above - thanks to seafinch who immediately spotted me as the potential buyer (demand & fit) without actually putting them on the marketplace and hitting me on the head directly.

i just felt there is a big discrepancy between actual and (online shop) reported measurements!

update on my tagged 38 eternal 811BG one-wash, after an additional soak:

waist - 35"

inseam - 36"

upper thigh - 13"

leg opening - 9"

f.rise - 11"

b.rise - 16"

these are the exact measurements of a tagged 36 eternal 811BG one-wash - odd! but, I remember gordon stating sth related to odd measurements above tagged 34.

This is useful indeed. I've been wanting a 811 for a while and I would've bought a 36, but it seems like I need a 38 based on these measurements...

i have the BIG version and i hacked off so much of that inseam, i think it makes them look sloppy/unlike the repro cut theyre based on. did the same with my sam 5000's and dont regret it a bit

thatta boy

I called BiG to ask about the Eternal 811's and some PBJ's. To my surprise, I was told that the 811's are a tight jean (surprised because I compared the actual measurements on my Levi's 505's with the measurements posted on BiG's website, and they weren't much different).

My question is: how tight are the 811's? I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'10", 135, size 30 Levi's 505's that have an actual waist of 32" and a 32" inseam), but I'm not interested in wearing either tight or baggy jeans. If I want to achieve a fit like I get with Levi's 501's or 505's what would you recommend? I've been thinking about the Eternal 811's, the PBJ XX003's (although I'd prefer a one-wash pair of jeans), PBJ XX005's, PBJ XX008's and Samurai S5000VX's. The problem with the PBJ 005's and 008's is that they seem to be low-rise, something I want to avoid (they're just not comfortable for me). Also, do any Fullcount or Sugar Cane models fit the bill of what I'm looking for? I'd like to avoid any pocket detailing if possible and just let the denim speak for itself.

I tried 2 pairs of Simon Miler jeans (too distressed for my taste) and a pair of Loomstate Prophecy jeans (very cheap, lightweight jeans that are just way too low-rise).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

My question is: how tight are the 811's? I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'10", 135, size 30 Levi's 505's that have an actual waist of 32" and a 32" inseam), but I'm not interested in wearing either tight or baggy jeans. If I want to achieve a fit like I get with Levi's 501's or 505's what would you recommend? I've been thinking about the Eternal 811's, the PBJ XX003's (although I'd prefer a one-wash pair of jeans), PBJ XX005's, PBJ XX008's and Samurai S5000VX's. The problem with the PBJ 005's and 008's is that they seem to be low-rise, something I want to avoid (they're just not comfortable for me). Also, do any Fullcount or Sugar Cane models fit the bill of what I'm looking for? I'd like to avoid any pocket detailing if possible and just let the denim speak for itself.

Are you in seeking anecdotal evidence or hard cold facts?

If you're looking for the latter, use the measurements and compare them to something you own.

If you're looking for the former, my 811's aren't that tight. Kinda. Sorta.

Are you in seeking anecdotal evidence or hard cold facts?

If you're looking for the latter, use the measurements and compare them to something you own.

If you're looking for the former, my 811's aren't that tight. Kinda. Sorta.

I did compare then to my Levi's 505's, and the measurements are pretty similar. But I was surprised when someone at BiG told me that they are a tight jean. Definitely not looking for tight, and I don't want to drop 225 bucks on something I don't like a LOT.

Sidneylo-can you compare the fit of the 811's to the fit of Levi's 501's or 505's (if you own any)?

Thanks.

I did compare then to my Levi's 505's, and the measurements are pretty similar. But I was surprised when someone at BiG told me that they are a tight jean. Definitely not looking for tight, and I don't want to drop 225 bucks on something I don't like a LOT.

Sidneylo-can you compare the fit of the 811's to the fit of Levi's 501's or 505's (if you own any)?

Thanks.

I'd say the 811 (one-wash, true to size) are slim. FYI, I am 5'9", 160lbs, 32" waist, 22" thighs. A tagged 32 on me is slim, and a 31 is tight. If you are 5'10" and 135 lbs with a 32" waist, I can't imagine a tagged 32 being remotely tight on you. Even a 31 probably wouldn't be tight.

I'll try to snap a fit pic this weekend.

I'd say the 811 (one-wash, true to size) are slim. FYI, I am 5'9", 160lbs, 32" waist, 22" thighs. A tagged 32 on me is slim, and a 31 is tight. If you are 5'10" and 135 lbs with a 32" waist, I can't imagine a tagged 32 being remotely tight on you. Even a 31 probably wouldn't be tight.

I'll try to snap a fit pic this weekend.

Thanks PeterParker. My thighs are 20". I definitely don't want a skinny jean (I'm already too skinny and don't need to accentuate that). I'll take a look at your pics if you get a chance to snap a few this weekend. If they don't look too slim maybe I'll give 'em a shot.

If I end up going with a regular fit as opposed to a slim fit jean are there any Japanese selvage brands that come to mind (regular, mid-rise fit, no back pocket adornments/detailing, great dye one-wash)?

Thanks PeterParker. My thighs are 20". I definitely don't want a skinny jean (I'm already too skinny and don't need to accentuate that). I'll take a look at your pics if you get a chance to snap a few this weekend. If they don't look too slim maybe I'll give 'em a shot.

If I end up going with a regular fit as opposed to a slim fit jean are there any Japanese selvage brands that come to mind (regular, mid-rise fit, no back pocket adornments/detailing, great dye one-wash)?

uh.... most? warehouse, samurai, sda (simple to pick the stitches)... plenty.

Just a quick question, looked back in the past pages and couldn't really distinguish

How does one determine where the jeans came from? I recently recieved a pair of eternal 811, no red tab or anything, and no BiG markings on the pockets

are these just an old cut of 811's from japan?

I have a pair of size 34 Eternals 811's from BIG (unhemmed, with the 36" inseam). Just wore them three times tops—no signs of wear. Will sell for $185 shipped. Thought I'd offer them here before putting them on the supermarket, since they're out of stock at BIG.

I have a pair of size 34 Eternals 811's from BIG (unhemmed, with the 36" inseam). Just wore them three times tops—no signs of wear. Will sell for $185 shipped. Thought I'd offer them here before putting them on the supermarket, since they're out of stock at BIG.

pm'd

10 charrr