Eternal Jeans

minya

Just bought a pair of Eternal 811 one washes (size 33). Btw, 5'10', 135 lbs. here if that matters.

They're too big for you. I wear 811 size 34 and I'm 5'9" 185lbs. And they fit perfect, straight slim fit. When I got them, they were one-wash, waist size 32.5-33. I soaked them and then used a waist stretcher (if you don't know, google it - it's worth it's weight in gold. I own a Bakertowne Co. Inch-master is the other well known brand) to get the waist to about 34. I'm a 34-35 waist normally. First few weeks, felt like my lower body was a stuffed sausage, but they've stretched and formed to my legs perfectly (or so they did, before I switched over to my Fullcounts). They're doing closet duty atm, I pull them out when I want some nice tight dark jeans to wear (I'm not looking to fade these, just keep them as dark as long as possible).

etn01.jpg

When I first got them.

No current pics, unfortunately.

yeah the bottom right corner of my back right pocket (wallet pocket) had the stitching come out completely, only like 2 months in. resewed that shit real nastily.

few days ago the topleft corner of my back left pocket just came loose. im not exactly sure how to sew that up since theres a rivet there getting in the way of things.

and my crotch is about to tear and my backpocket has holes and my front pocketbags are fucked up. mad repairs to be done soon

ipkus same stuff happening to me. impending crotch tear, back pockets ready to tear through in the corners. missing lots of stitching in the crotch and on my rear pockets. kix who did you send your jeans off to, and how much did it run if you dont mind me asking.

Just bought a pair of Eternal 811 one washes (size 33). Btw, 5'10', 135 lbs. here if that matters.

Thanks.

im 5'9 140 and i bought a tag 31. true waist is a 30 but like your pair the actual waist of the jeans is a 30

id suggest returning your pair and getting a smaller size, or not going with eternals all together.

eternalfit.jpg

The waist stretcher sounds like way too much work. And I DID do my homework. There is not a consensus of opinion on here that hip flare is a big problem on Eternal 811's, although it's referenced a few times on this thread.

Definitely not looking for a tight fit, and I'm thinking about returning the Eternals for some Samurais. Any suggestions on which cut might work for me given my measurements (5'10", 135, 31.5"-31.75" waist, 32" inseam)? Again, looking for a regular fit jean with a medium rise (I HATE low-rise jeans) that is neither tight nor baggy the Eternals loo baggy on me). Thanks for all the feedback - I really appreciate it.

Chantheman & indigo_junkie,

Those jeans look great on you. I just don't think the Eternals are for me. I'm either too skinny or my waist is too big, or a combination thereof. If I go down one size they'll be way too tight. It's too bad - I really like the dark denim and the weight of the jeans. As I wrote, it may be time to enter the world of the Samurai...

The waist stretcher sounds like way too much work. And I DID do my homework. There is not a consensus of opinion on here that hip flare is a big problem on Eternal 811's, although it's referenced a few times on this thread.

Definitely not looking for a tight fit, and I'm thinking about returning the Eternals for some Samurais. Any suggestions on which cut might work for me given my measurements (5'10", 135, 31.5"-31.75" waist, 32" inseam)? Again, looking for a regular fit jean with a medium rise (I HATE low-rise jeans) that is neither tight nor baggy the Eternals loo baggy on me). Thanks for all the feedback - I really appreciate it.

Of course the waist stretcher is extra work. Some jeans aren't meant to fit certain types of bodies. If I sized properly for the 811, I'd be looking at a size 36-38, and I'd have the same hip flare problems. It's been proven though, that the waist, regardless of how tight, will stretch out. The waist stretcher just saves me a few weeks of uncomfortable wear. It's the choice I made when I got the jeans. Eternal denim is like nothing out there, probably the closest is Flathead 3000 series (and even then there are numerous differences). Eternal doesn't make a cut in the same denim that suits me without a little manipulation of the waist, and for me, it's worth a $20 stretcher, and leaving it hanging wet overnight to get the fit I want from a pair of $250 jeans.

The 500s have a higher rise, if that's what you're looking for. I own both, and the 5000s definitely have a lower rise. You could also look into a pair of 710. Size down on the 500s, the waist will stretch out about 2 in (even without the help of a waist stretcher) pretty quickly. True to size for the 710s.

Indigo_junkie,

That's some really good advice - thanks. I just don't know if I want to go that route (although it is a possibility). In that case, I'd probably get a size 31 or 32. I'm just not sure I want to stuff myself into undersized jeans until they stretch out (although the 811 pics on here do indeed look awesome).

If I don't go that route, I spoke with Gordon at BiG and he suggested that the Warehouse 660's might fit the bill for me (no or very little hip flare, but not a tight-fitting jean). I told him I was thinking about going the Samurai route, but he said that I might even experience hip flare with the 500's and 505's because of the way that Samurai cuts their jeans. If I wasn't so damned skinny this might be a whole lot easier. Any thoughts on Gordon's 660's suggestion?

Thanks.

follow the wisdom of gordon. you can't even give me a jean that doesn't fit right. well, if its good denim i'll accept them and use them for scraps. the WH660 is a world-class jean from a world-class company.

i own both pairs and I have worn both considerably

if you don't think the eternals are going to work for you because of hip flair or if you need other people to tell you they dont work for you [which is clearly the case]

get the 660's just like I and others have suggested above

other then that eat shit and die cocksucker