Eternal Jeans

minya

Thoughts on chainstitching my 811s versus hemming.

My jeans are at a 36 inseam and I usually wear a 34 for a nice cuffed look. All of my other jeans are chainstitched, but I'm feeling the pinch economically right now. I'm going to LA in 10 days, so I could shoot them to Schaeffer's, but I wanted to get some feedback generally.

Any thoughts on chainstitching overall? Strong opinions? Harsh language?

chainstitch is a form of stitch --also happens to be a favored detail at the hems and other areas of our denim.

a traditional hem uses a normal lockstitch.

CHAINSTITCHING and HEMMING are not interchangeable verbs.

when did this eternal thread turn into amateur hour?

chainstitch is a form of stitch --also happens to be a favored detail at the hems and other areas of our denim.

a traditional hem uses a normal lockstitch.

CHAINSTITCHING and HEMMING are not interchangeable verbs.

when did this eternal thread turn into amateur hour?

Well, thank you. I'm sure that contributes to making the question more precise. I appreciate your input.

sorry i was in a funk. to answer your question, a chainstitch hem is a nice detail people like to have. whether to get it or not --purely preference.

i have found that normal lockstitches have been longer lasting but don't look as nice.

some people say chainstitch gives better roping. i have great roping on a pair of lockstitch hem levis.

your preference. nobody will notice except you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys.

chris_n Indeed just the one button fly. You feel like Tara Reid at first but I've sort of gotten used to it. Though each time I patch the crotch I have a little less room. Eventually I may have to do away with my genitals altogether.

Hi all. This is my humble contribution. Eternal 811, owned for more than 2 years, worn for maybe 80% of that time. Washed 5-6 times? I don't do much vigorous activities in them. Shot on a garden variety point and shoot, and I don't know how to take nice pictures. But here goes...

Front

DSCN2094.jpg

Back

DSCN2095.jpg

Leather patch where nothing can be seen

DSCN2096.jpg

Repaired back pocket, with red tab

DSCN2099.jpg

Dual roping!

DSCN2103.jpg

Combs

DSCN2104.jpg

Poor broken off button staring at his substitute.

DSCN2110.jpg

Should know my place and not post after watchman... :o

My eternal 811 fly buttons are dangerously close to the outer edge when buttoned, about to break through the denim. Anyone else have this problem with worn eternals?

I had this problem with my Skulls. Have a tailor reinforce the button hole before it breaks.

My eternal 811 fly buttons are dangerously close to the outer edge when buttoned, about to break through the denim. Anyone else have this problem with worn eternals?

the threads on my button holes came loose quite fast, so i had mother fixing it!

I had the same problem on my 874s after just a few months. I think it was due to how I unbuttoned them by simply pulling them apart with one hand. Anyway, I simply reinforced each buttonhole all the way round with black thread. Took less than 5 minutes per hole and I don't think it'll happen again too easily.