Eternal Jeans

minya

what i mean is that gordon is selling them at above japanese retail price

plus more for customization?

from what i know is that hes already earning 70% off the standard retail price of japan lets say him being a distributor he only buys a 100 dollar owrth of pair for only 30 dollars as a distributor so i think the taxes /shipping /etc etc should be inside the cost of the jeans ( jap retail) .

sow hy charging the customers the extra 55 bucks for all these shipping/taxes/custom fees? anyways just wondering.

Fuck - where do you get those numbers from - buying Eternals for $30 - a clearvoyant or do those figures just appear to you in a dream ?

To clarify, I think Ed is talking in percentages and using a price of $100 as a simplified example. Seeing as BiG sells Eternals for $255, then he's implying that they pay around $75 per pair (@30%) and the rest is profit. Not saying I agree with this, but I believe that's his point.

to be honest, if you really have the intention to get the contest pair, you will pay for it no matter how much its gonna cost you. of course being a consumer you'll want the best as well as lowest price for everything, but if you're not willing to pay cutthroat price for it (assuming that you think its cutthroat), then simply don't get it. I don't see how beating down on someone is the way to get things done. just like how take5, self edge and any other store needs to make money, I don't see how BiG has to have the obligation to slash prices to cut off their profit margins. a business is a business. of course I would love to get the contest jeans for $220 if even possible, but if I can't, that's alright too. just got to learn to suck it up a little. nobody works for free man.

really? fuck you your deaf stupid shit

O man that "wah wah wah" stuff really cracks me up.... Anyway chill dude, if you finds that the price point is too high just gives it a miss or just treat that additional charge as registration fee for the contest, nothing is free right?

i know i just want to say how i think about the price. well not even a price is out yet im doing this because when big shouts out the price its all going to be too late

I thought around 110% markup is pretty normal for retailers? and i'd imagine even 150% markup for a shop in soho is acceptable due to the high rents they have to cough up every month... i.e. if BIG gets the eternals for $100/pair, 150% markup is roughly $250... which is exactly how much they charge... pretty standard tbh.

ed, even if Gordon sells all 100 pairs @$150 profit per pair, that's just around $15,000, which might just be enough to pay one of his part time staff... he's not making that much bro....

Okay , last statement regarding pricing of imported jeans, I won't give u all the details, but Gordon is really trying to work out the best price for customers possible.

You know I like to keep the price as close to JP retail as

possible even though we shouldn't since we're not in Japan, don't live in

Japan, don't work in Japan, don't vote in Japan. I can tell you honestly we

make well below the average retail markup placed on clothing products

(healthy average is between 2.3-2.8, some even demand 2.9/3.0), let alone

imported products.

Shipping costs about $12-$15 per pair when shipped in bulk. Duty is 16.6% of

the wholesale price which is about $21 per pair. It costs us between

$33-$36, on average, on top of the wholesale price.No store that's paying rent

for a store location (meaning not an internet only based business) would try

and sell something for anything less than this, 2.1 or 2.0 maybe, 1.9 would

be the absolute lowest without cutting off their head.

^Totally legit. Dude shouldn't even have to fucking justify it to anyone. Either you like the product and are happy/willing to pay the asking price, or you don't buy it. Fucking simple. Commerce 1001. Hit me up for private tutorials.

wait wait dont get me wrong this is blowing out the wrong way i was asking ok? yes i might join this contest because looking for a pair of this but i need to know the price all i said before are what if"s

Shipping costs about $12-$15 per pair when shipped in bulk. Duty is 16.6% of

the wholesale price which is about $21 per pair. It costs us between

$33-$36, on average, on top of the wholesale price.No store that's paying rent

for a store location (meaning not an internet only based business) would try

and sell something for anything less than this, 2.1 or 2.0 maybe, 1.9 would

be the absolute lowest without cutting off their head.

So, looks like around $329 (if he settles for the 2.1)? Still... cool looking jeans. If I didn't have a pair with tags in the closet, along with some IH and MFs that need to get wear, I'd consider it. It's gonna be a cool contest though. Can't wait to see what you guys do with these.

So, looks like around $329 (if he settles for the 2.1)? Still... cool looking jeans. If I didn't have a pair with tags in the closet, along with some IH and MFs that need to get wear, I'd consider it. It's gonna be a cool contest though. Can't wait to see what you guys do with these.

Where do you get $329 from? You don't know the wholesale price...

Where do you get $329 from? You don't know the wholesale price...

Sorry, thought everyone read Beatle's post. " Duty is 16.6% of

the wholesale price which is about $21 per pair"

$21/.166= $126 + his additional costs of $33-36. Let's say $33. So, about $159 in costs. Rounding down. Multiply times his markup of 2.1 and you get $334. I rounded down again.

Edit. Maynard beat me to it. Tx.

Was that little narrative not just a generalization? I think you guys are reading too deep in to it by trying to calculate the price of the contest jeans. Do you really think a slightly different patch, pocket bags and half lined pockets is going to add $50 on top of the existing 811BG? I doubt it...

I seriously would prefer it if you guys did the math once a final price for the contest jeans has been published. And no - it won´t be $ 302, and it won´t be 50 or 60 bucks more than the 811BG..

seriously - just go and have a beer and discuss once the price has been announced.