Eternal Jeans

minya

Gramps, a few quick question for you on those 864. I emailed Gordon, but was hoping for info straight from an owner:

What's the rise and leg opening on those 864, post soak? They're 31w, right? I can't read Japanese, so Rakuten isn't much help.

Did you order from BiG, or Rakuten?

Did you get those raw or factory O/W?

Thanks in advance.

I totally forgot about this. I soacked these a few days ago, and the leg openings and front rise freshly measured run 7.5 and 9 inches respectively. Here's a picture of how they fit (dig my parents bizarre new painting in the back there. I think they're going native.) :

4455812277_d75e9dcd66.jpg

4455812371_1e1d8fc03a.jpg

Heading to NY this weekend and will be taking another look at the 811, but I have a question for any Flat Head/Eternal owners:

Would you say the Eternal 811 denim is like the FH 3001/BSP denim once soaked? FH denim is pretty smooth, but has fairly pronounced long vertical slubs too once broken in. The Etrnal 811 denim looks really similar. So hard to tell even from evo pics though...

Shameless plug... Selling a pair of one-wash 864's, size 32, NWT. PM me if you're interested! :)

eternal864sz32.jpg

Edit - measurements: waist 17.5, front rise 9.25, back rise 13.5, inseam 34.5, hem 8.5

mlyngard damn bro, you have some nice jawnz for sale. if i didn't have 883s on order i'd cop them Red-D's!

You'll have to show us how those 883 look on you. I'm digging those 811 I just kopped in every way, but I'm still curious about the 883. Gordon had asked me if I was still interested in them when I was in the shop this weekend, so I'm guessing he's still considering stocking them.

re: the 833 i sized the same way as my 811 TTS and went with a 30.

the initial fit is exactly the same as the 811. REALLY tight. as i wear them i can feel them giving in all the right places (mainly waist) to eventually fit as well as my 811's do.

differences: rise is SLIGHTLY lower. barely noticeable in front, more noticeable in rear. i plan on wearing these relaxed on hips anyway. from thighs down to knee it feels same as it did right after washing my 811s. the knee to hem portion is slightly slimmer and measures about a half inch smaller at the hem than my 811s. I anticipate these to fit very nicely in a week.

one thing i miss: HIP FLARE. (sup portland)

so these don't replace the 811s in any way. it's just a new fit probably most likely only for skinnier people.

i don't recommend going out of your way to get the 883. they are great, but it's not worth it if you can't get them easily. (rakuten makes things easy)

811 is forever.

re: the 833 i sized the same way as my 811 TTS and went with a 30.

the initial fit is exactly the same as the 811. REALLY tight. as i wear them i can feel them giving in all the right places (mainly waist) to eventually fit as well as my 811's do.

differences: rise is SLIGHTLY lower. barely noticeable in front, more noticeable in rear. i plan on wearing these relaxed on hips anyway. from thighs down to knee it feels same as it did right after washing my 811s. the knee to hem portion is slightly slimmer and measures about a half inch smaller at the hem than my 811s. I anticipate these to fit very nicely in a week.

one thing i miss: HIP FLARE. (sup portland)

so these don't replace the 811s in any way. it's just a new fit probably most likely only for skinnier people.

i don't recommend going out of your way to get the 883. they are great, but it's not worth it if you can't get them easily. (rakuten makes things easy)

811 is forever.

Thanks for the review Chris!

I gotta try those 883 then. I'm loving these 811 for what they are, but the 883 seems to resolve the areas I'm least happy with on the 811 (lower leg, top-block width).

Went TTS (31). Just washed and machine dried them last night after wearing them with a single soak (then a good rain soak later :(

Loving the fit now, except for that immense hip flare. I like '66 style repro-cut hip flare, but this is crazy. Will that shit chill out as they soften and break in? It did on my FH, but that top block was supposed to be slimmer. It seems like the 811 become a great fit after a few days. Tell me this is the case?

Not completely. If there's hip flare to start off with, it will persist, but as the denim softens and starts to mold your body, it will be less accentuated. The 811 is a pretty imperfect cut with the anti-fit seat area, the hip flare, decently slim thigh without much taper - but once you start wearing them, you grow to not mind those things and actually like the cut.

Thanks guys. I'm seeing the potential of the cut, and it has it's charm. I can also see that with some time, it'll drape better. But I'm glad to hear the flare will somewhat abate.