Eternal Jeans

minya

Yea I wondered about the thighs as well, I'll have to re measure them right now.

Ok, from the crotch to the parallel outseam (where the selvedge is) runs at

9.5". That's still a lot..but I'm sure thats the measurements. I have only done one soak.

Measure perpendicularly from the crotch to the outermost material (i.e. don't stop at the outseam). Your measurement makes no sense as shrinkage occurs as a percentage across all dimensions, so according to your thigh measurement, your waist, knee, leg opening, etc. would have also shrunk considerably. That, and you would have to be anorexic to fit into pants with a 19" opening at the thighs.

Your soaked dimensions should be pretty close to the O/W dimensions posted on BiG.

Measure perpendicularly from the crotch to the outermost material (i.e. don't stop at the outseam). Your measurement makes no sense as shrinkage occurs as a percentage across all dimensions, so according to your thigh measurement, your waist, knee, leg opening, etc. would have also shrunk considerably. That, and you would have to be anorexic to fit into pants with a 19" opening at the thighs.

Your soaked dimensions should be pretty close to the O/W dimensions posted on BiG.

Well then, we can then reason that the thigh is larger. In that case, since I have measured once again, for the sake of others curiosity, the thigh measures to the 'outermost material' at 11", making a .75" deficit post soak. Does this sound most agreeable? I'm sorry but I had no intentions to give wrong measurements.

Does this sound most agreeable? I'm sorry but I had no intentions to give wrong measurements.

I didn't mean to sound like a dick. I just didn't want people misinterpreting your measurements and sizing up so that their thighs would fit, only to end up with baggy jeans.

Your fit and measurements are consistent with my observations for sizing of the 811's: TTS for a classic fit, or sized down 1 for a slim fit. If anything, the raws will fit slightly bigger than the O/W because they won't shrink as much (not soaked/washed as aggressively).

^id say yes. i have a pair of w34's that i got when i was a little bit pudgier, now my waist hovers btwn 32-33ish, and theres a little room in the waist to were theyll sit on my hips unless held up higher with a belt. i feel as though mine fit exactly like the stovepipe jeans back is the day did, which i love, and i love the denim (and price) so much compared to many other jeans im honestly contemplating getting a pair a size or two smaller than what i have for when im not feeling as relaxed/lazy and want to look a little more modern

uhhhh, i honestly cant remember what size the first pair of 811s i had was, i also had the 864s for a second (i was indecisive)

but coming into college i had just spent a long lazy summer in florida smoking reefer, lounging around, and munching my face off.. then i got to the city and it took my ass a minute to actually start walking places but now its what keeps me in the shape im in.

anyway, i sized up because i had gotten bigger, and since i had i was afraid of outgrowing another pair of jeans (embarrassing, but i can fit in them all again now :cool:) so i took a pair that werent so painted on.

im really anxious to soak them though, i havent done anything since buying them and i think it would shape them up nicely. theyre just now starting to look nice with the different shades of blue