Eternal Jeans

minya

it will relax (not disappear) but it will take a while. the denim takes quite a while to soften up

compared to full count denim which softens up in what seems like a week.

a little more 883 impressions: the thigh starts tapering down to knee much sooner than the 811. it might be because i'm wearing these un-slouched at the moment.

pics to come when i have time.

mlyngard: how is the waist on you for a 31? (did you get raw or one wash)? if the waist was manageable and not brutal to button up on the first try i would venture to say that sizing down to a 30 would actually work quite nice. the waist seems to be the limiting factor on sizing down with 811s as it tends to run small.

I believe the only thing that was never doubted was the model. 811 all in. This is Eternals best cut.
any word on if they're working for the contest jean to NOT have the hip flare, i'm not really diggin a hip flare if the contest jeans will have it

sorry .

any word on if they're working for the contest jean to NOT have the hip flare, i'm not really diggin a hip flare if the contest jeans will have it
embrace the flare.
sorry .

aaaannnnddd there you have it.

GOOD NEWS FOLKS, as my 883's relax a bit, the FLARE IS THERE

mlyngard: how is the waist on you for a 31? (did you get raw or one wash)? if the waist was manageable and not brutal to button up on the first try i would venture to say that sizing down to a 30 would actually work quite nice. the waist seems to be the limiting factor on sizing down with 811s as it tends to run small.

embrace the flare.

I'm totally embracing the flare! It's got some real personality. But then, the 811 is totally a cut that requires embracing in every way. It's not for a denim noob for sure. It's such a breath of fresh air from all my low-rise slim straights. Timing on these was perfect - I've been trying to get out of the slim straight rut for a while. Needed a kick in the ass like these 811.

I sense altering the top block to supress the flare would be a fundamental change to the cut. The hip flare is already starting to abate a bit, a and a tumble in the dryer while damp really took the cardboard out of them. They drape better everywhere.

Chris - I could maybe get away with a 30w (waist was snug but easily buttonable). Don't want to downsize though. These were almost a 30 anyway after their second soak and tumble. I just use a waist stretcher gizmo (might have to on the '47s...).

I want to wash these regularly, and I get pretty tired of fighting the wast on my tighter fits for a few days a month. I'm digging this looser repro fit too. If anyone likes these, take a look at the Evisu Lot no.1.

matt: agree with you on fighting the waist man. no bueno after washes.

811s hold indigo like mad, so frequent washes won't be a problem (i think they'll turn out better than infrequent washing) !

i've always been intrigued by the evisu no.1... maybe in a few years when i've actually caught up to wearing all the jawnz i've accumulated.

mlyngard when you got the 31's were they really a 30 waist? my 31s measure 30 just curious if yours did too. got the, one wash and not raw right?

Didn't measure, but mine (bought raw) definitely felt 30 or less to me after wash (machine wash/dry tho...)

The new one-wash at BiG were crazy! Between the stiff, crisp denim and the 'hang-dry' technique they use, those were not one-wash for the faint-of-heart :)

matt: agree with you on fighting the waist man. no bueno after washes. (i think they'll turn out better than infrequent washing) !

i've always been intrigued by the evisu no.1... maybe in a few years when i've actually caught up to wearing all the jawnz i've accumulated.

Word. I'm looking forward to working on a more vintage-y fade on these. The lure of fast-fading immediate gratification has lost some of its charm.

jawnz: I know, right? Help me. :(

Superdenim: The only place a guy can be sure he'll never be asked: "Dude, why do you have so many jeans?"

The new one-wash at BiG were crazy! Between the stiff, crisp denim and the 'hang-dry' technique they use, those were not one-wash for the faint-of-heart :)

what the hell are you talking man..... this is hilarious.... what the hell is a hang-dry technique?? there is no technique in hanging dry jeans.... you just hang them.... dont have do to anything buddy.... i doubt eternals puts special emphasis into hang drying....

what the hell are you talking man..... this is hilarious.... what the hell is a hang-dry technique?? there is no technique in hanging dry jeans.... you just hang them.... dont have do to anything buddy.... i doubt eternals puts special emphasis into hang drying....

Well, okay then Dawei. Let's just say I wasn't at BiG last weekend, and talked to Gordon about the new o/w, or felt them and tried them on and saw they were incredibly stiff and deeply creased up from a hang-dry from the back belt loop. Let's just say I went to the website and read this and then wondered why Gordon would take the time to emphasize this:

811BG One-Wash 36" Inseam

*Special Edition longer inseam version produced exclusively for Blue In Green

One wash

(the jeans are machine washed and then, using the center back loop, are hung outdoors from tree limbs in direct sunlight and left to dry; this method of non-agitated drying with exposure to a natural heat source helps keep a rigid and crisp feel to the washed denim)

14.5 ounce Japanese selvage denim

This picture barely does the cardboard sandpaper texture justice:

811_ow_coin.jpg

only a couple more days for details and thread...

Very excited to see them. I'm appreciating your involvement in this, Beatle.

Well, okay then Dawei. Let's just say I wasn't at BiG last weekend, and talked to Gordon about the new o/w, or felt them and tried them on and saw they were incredibly stiff and deeply creased up from a hang-dry from the back belt loop. Let's just say I went to the website and read this and then wondered why Gordon would take the time to emphasize this:

This picture barely does the cardboard sandpaper texture justice:

still that's not very special. It's just hanging a jeans outside your house. I have a pair hanging on my balcony as I write this.

eternals one wash has always been really creased up and wrinkled, unique compared to one washes from the likes of sugar cane

Yeah, I didn't go into BiG expecting to see anything extreme about the O/W. But you speak truth. Yikes. Cool shit though.

I'm sure they'll make for great fades, but it's definitely not for the noob or faint-of-heart. I decided to do my own shrinking from raw (at home on my own tree ;-)

Well, okay then Dawei. Let's just say I wasn't at BiG last weekend, and talked to Gordon about the new o/w, or felt them and tried them on and saw they were incredibly stiff and deeply creased up from a hang-dry from the back belt loop. Let's just say I went to the website and read this and then wondered why Gordon would take the time to emphasize this

with all due respect.... I dont see any light in this "special technique"... by all means i do pretty much the same thing (without trying or boasting about it)....what's the big deal? I have very wrinked versions one washed fob factory, 45rpm, Sams and i dont see how it makes them so "insane" just because they are hanged dry...

I cant believe you a Hyping over hanged dried crinkles....

are we allowed to hem and taper the contest jeans to a slightly slimmer cut? sorry if its a bad question..

No. Never. Under no circumstances may you modify the jeans you purchased. You will be extradited to Japan and forcibly compelled to commit harakiri.