Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

^^^my dude, all other factors being equal, a looser-fitting jean will fade somewhat slower than the same denim in a slimmer/tighter cut. most sufu cats wouldn't be caught dead with this ''baggy fit'', but if you go to osaka you'd be right at home. ain't nothing wrong/inferior with your fit or fade, very evis like have you seen how miki san's jeans fit? like yours! i can't possibly see how a vintage-style fade is a negative on a repro(for the most part) jawn.

Yeah man, you have about the same fit I got on the 0105. Nothing wrong with it. Like you, I coulda and maybe shoulda went down 1, but they are what they are. I use them mostly for work anyways so the looser fit is convenient for that...

Almostnice and tvshooter look like they sized one down on the 0105 and their fit is great too.

I'm not unhappy with the fit or the wear, just would have liked them a little smaller. I bought a pair of Warehouse #800s to wear when the 0105s need a break, and I plan on wearing them daily once the contest is over. They've got an inch more rise and an inch or two less in the waist. Exactly what I'm looking for in fit.

I plan on picking up another pair of the 0105Cs though (when I can afford it), this time one size down.

salaami, you asked if I wished I'd washed less and gotten more contrast. Nah. I'm pretty happy with the contrast/wear I've got. It just doesn't photograph well, especially in that fit picture. Weather is going to turn cold here in a month, and from October through the end of the contest for me (March 2nd), I should be washing the jeans a lot less.

Thank you to everyone that's given me rep. I appreciate the positive feedback.

Did another handwash last night, i washed salaami-style, with lots of dunking and agitation.

So now they're up to 2 machine washes and 3 handwashes at about 6 1/2 months.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

Here i'm comparing them with the unworn contest Denimes for comparing the color:

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

ok i'm game; passed 6 month mark now (after initial soak, 3 more times machine washed) They always shrink to a 31" inseam so I have to stretch them by hands to a agreeable 32-32.5" so I can cuff them again.

Pictures are a bit dark.

f_2lcgdwiynm_b95f378.jpg

f_2lcgdwiyom_1f24738.jpg

wash 31( i think 32, but i smoke too much so i'm rounding down) today. for some reason a lot of indigo came out. not my usual soap, but it was no question lye soap, and i got it from my usual soap-chick. i've sat back and watched her make it, so i know its old-school lye soap...i'll take pics tomorrow at my family reunion...everybody's jeans are looking real good!

how do you stretch them SLAB?

just step on the crotch and pull one leg by hand or something?

yup, thats exactely how I do it.

I wear them practically every day but dont do much activity in them though, sitting behind a desk all day long mostly and some crawling around when playing with my kids

Wow guys, your jeans are looking great! awesome fading going on. Now that cold weather is approaching I will wear mine most everyday. I wore them as often as possible this summer, but sometimes it was just too hot!

Here are some pics from an awesome and wonderful adventure I recently went on.

patchl.jpg

rivet.jpg

farpckt.jpg

frontfji.jpg

pockety.jpg

sidenfrnt.jpg

backtiy.jpg

selvfrnt.jpg

jeansncardgn.jpg

Miss kitty these contest Fullcounts fit you really well. There isn't that many jeans out there specifically designed for women but maybe there doesn't have to be either. +rep.

Almostnice, really cool pictures, can't rep.

salaami can't rep you either.