Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I like lots of pics in this thread! Here are mine... I love the way these feel right after a wash, but I don't care for how they look. Anyway.

Post wash

in the shade

p9040102.jpg

p9040108.jpg

in the sun

p9040116.jpg

p9040122i.jpg

Neither is very accurate colourwise. I'm not happy with these pics so I might take some more later and repost...

Fit

p9040147.jpg

some detail shots

p9040104.jpg

p9040113.jpg

p9040115.jpg

p9040130.jpg

The repairs I had to do in the 2nd month, with crappy thin thread from a wallgreens sewing kit. Gotta get schooled by Salaam on this stuff, I gotta redo parts cause it's coming undone...

p9040125.jpg

I've been thinking about getting some 0105c's. I guess they made another run or something after the contest jeans because BIG has every size in stock. Haven't gone all through this thread so sorry if this is common knowledge but anybody know if the sizing and everything is the same with these as with the ones that everyone is rocking for the contest?

Hot washing and drying all the way will shrink my 0105s a little over four inches from their original size (43"). But they very quickly stretch out to their labeled size (40). Should have gone with a size 38, because I'm 100% happy with the post wash fit, which would probably be how the 38 would fit after a cold wash and some wear.

Quick question since I'm sure there are some guys here that have experience with the various brands. I have a pair of Warehouse #800s for when the contest is over. I'm looking to pick up another pair of jeans this week or next to get shrunk up while the weather is still warm. Should I get another pair of 0105Cs or a pair of 1947 Sugar Canes? I'm leaning toward the Canes.

Hot washing and drying all the way will shrink my 0105s a little over four inches from their original size (43"). But they very quickly stretch out to their labeled size (40). Should have gone with a size 38, because I'm 100% happy with the post wash fit, which would probably be how the 38 would fit after a cold wash and some wear.

Quick question since I'm sure there are some guys here that have experience with the various brands. I have a pair of Warehouse #800s for when the contest is over. I'm looking to pick up another pair of jeans this week or next to get shrunk up while the weather is still warm. Should I get another pair of 0105Cs or a pair of 1947 Sugar Canes? I'm leaning toward the Canes.

That's funny. I'm trying to decide between those three pairs, the 800's, 0105c's, and 47's.

Looking good! Neat to see that we're all getting that same long whisker and wear through at the cuffs.

It's funny how sensative to light these things are. You take one photo they look black, another they look powder blue. I don't think I've been able to take more than one picture that really nails the color of my 0105Cs.

Sept 3rd was six months for me. Been two weeks since my jeans have been through the wash, and I want to make it through at least this week (preferably through next) before I toss them in the washing machine.

the canes are great, but i would personally say get the denime contest jawns. i don't keep up with everyone's size and all, but tvshooter has some for sale, as will others before too long...the fullcounts you already have should last a while, so no need to cop another pair.

TV, you did really well with the repairs. i was gonna tell HaGa to repair his crotch the same way. i told you gordon's thread is gangsta! snake hit up a goldmine with that spool of white...

about the color of this indigo, i'm glad someone mentioned it, cause i've seen plenty of green-caste denim, and my fair share of red, but never before have i seen a jean with both green and red caste.

setterman,as i just got a new camera i played a bit with different settings,but not even me can tell wich image shows the exact colour.i also noticed that they are very forgiving to cuffing,as there is no indigo marking the line ,which happend to my other pairs before.

they fit like this now:

http://IMG_0160.jpg

Sweet! And knowing my own jeans, that photo is probably pretty darn true to real life colorwise.

Yea, the colour thing always annoys me. That's why I here took two pics of the for me always present left calf crease. Got it on other pairs too.

Since I like symmetry I'm part annoyed part fascinated by the strong legtwist (new to this phenomena), even visible high up on the thigh.

Also added a not so good (took i myself, had noone around) fitpic.

dsc06267.jpg

dsc06268t.jpg

dsc06264f.jpg

dsc06260a.jpg

the thighs on these are starting to shread a bit...good thing gordon just sent thread and i got a shitload of good scraps. the denim is a lot more game for punishment than i thought it would be under these conditions(building a brick wall by hand without mortar by myself), but cotton threads are as strong as steel wire of equal gauge, so i guess i can't be suprised...

you can always repaint them. mine have lasted on the non-wallet pocket only because i painted them 4 layers, and i baked each layer in the oven @ 350degrees before applying the next layer. mixing in the fabric medium helps too. they say you should put a layer of medium down as a base, but i just mixed a moderate amount in with the paint itself.

In case anyone is curious I measured my jeans last night (was looking into getting a pair of KMWs), this is probably a week or after a shower in them:

(0105c - BiG style measurements)

tagged: 32

waist: 34"

front: 11.5"

back: 14.75"

thigh: 11.75"

knee: 9"

leg: 8.75"

inseam: 32.5"

I'm going to have to attribute the high rise to the weird sizing on these, but I may remeasure after another wash/soak

Come on, this thread belongs on page 1 of superdenim, not page 3!

I redid some repairs that were coming undone. This time I used some leftover thread that Nudie sent me a couple years ago to repair my Masa. The colour doesn't match very well, but it's an amateur job anyway and I couldn't wait for Gordon's thread. I tried to follow salaami's advice and went by the pics tvshooter posted of his repairs...

p9130097y.jpg

p9130099.jpg

p9130100.jpg

Also, I didn't really like how my last evo update came out, so I took some new pics... These are better if still far from accurate.

p9130109.jpgp9130111i.jpgp9130115r.jpg

I don't know that much has changed since I last post pix, but I'll post some more. Got then 0105Cs soaked in sweat last Tuesday so they got another wash (14th?). They're pictured with a new pair of Sugar Canes that I wore Thursday night through last night. Back to work today and back into the FCs. Both pair of jeans are darker than they appear in the photos.

000_0028-1.jpg

000_0029-3.jpg

000_0030-2.jpg

000_0031.jpg