Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

if you had street rain water splashed onto you by the speeding taxi while attempting to hail a cab... would you still not wash ? this is where im at now.. im not completely ready to wash these yet ... wash ? or no wash ? continue with the grime ? hm. opinions anyone ?

Wash 'em. Dirty clothes aren't cool. They're gross.

I don't know how people go months with daily wear and no washing. Tuesday it will be three weeks since my last wash, and I'm looking forward to their next trip through the washing machine before they reach four weeks.

A lot of times it's possible to just brush off the stains of dirty water, but it depends on how dirty it was I guess. If they're dirty besides this incident it is kind of time though, isn't it?

I can go months without washing. It depends on what you do in them and how much you sweat and so on. Some people stink more than others, that's a fact. One should be able to sense when it's time I think.

if you had street rain water splashed onto you by the speeding taxi while attempting to hail a cab... would you still not wash ? this is where im at now.. im not completely ready to wash these yet ... wash ? or no wash ? continue with the grime ? hm. opinions anyone ?

if it was just plain rain water, i would say 'fuck it, leave it', as rain water is inheirently clean in and of itself. but the streets have piss, spit, dog shit, used rubbers, just to name a few. if you really fear your FC will be majorly affected by one wash( they won't), or that you will lose contrast(whatever) just hot soak them, and don't agitate them. it's the best of both worlds for those who like the ''freshness feeling'' of clean denim, but want the ''long-wear no wash'' contrast. plus usually the jeans shrink and take the bagginess/looseness out that can occur from wearing them everyday on end. its a win/win.

me, i'm a famous wash-a-fucking-holic, so i feel that if denim could talk, it would tell you to wash it frequently. miki-san made the jeans, and he recommends once a week, if you sweat moderately. how often you need a wash is relative to your life. the jean and the indigo dye are made to last longer than you will probably wear the jean.

:ooops, my bad. i know the feeling. a month ago we were @ Friendly's( a ice-cream based burger joint) and this old lady told me my daughter was ''such a cute little boy''. she had on pink jeans, a pink jacket, and had pastel bows in her hair...my apologies. as retribution i must buy her a pair of raw selvage. i'll just unroll the mega-cuff as she gets older...

she's 16 months. i'm charging p-wing with embellishment. the banana stitching on the 5th pocket is too yellow;). HA! but seriously, wing you gotta give us more than this. damn, homie. i'm heading out right now to get my jawns from the tailor...i'll post pics in the repair thread.

salaami,checked HM today and spoke to the manager,looks like there isnt a chance of getting kids selvage jeans in the near future here.

but iam serously thinking of giving the ones of my son to you.they are sized for 2-3 years,but thats nothing some huge doublecuffs can do.maybe we can start a nippers world tour ( having little Davids Levi in mind...) my wife doesnt understand my obsession anyway and is throwing them after a week in to the wasing machine at highest setting.so my offer is that i send them to you free of charge.but you must promised to post more pictures than usual.

what do you think?

i will do my best, scouts honor.2mcu6oz.jpg my lil' sis is getting a new camera, so i'll borrow/steal her old one. no prob. you are a true friend. i'll PM the address. the BiG thread is dope, ain't it? gordon never fails.