Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

wifey snapped some pics before we went to my family reunion yesterday. i made sure the baby was in em' for almostnice... it's now 9 months/31 washes(aquaman status).good lookin out ya'll....and i'm not commenting on miss kitty cause' its ramadaan....i should've posted these in the reg FC thread, but like i said before i don't know how to post, my lil sis does it for me, so if she sees ''full count'' she's going to post the pics there. i'll try to get some detail/macro pics by lendo(the momotaro mustache maniac) when i see him next.

The donut buttons are pretty pronounced (and by that I mean they stick out a fair bit) - I think they are goign to be pretty standard in this contest...

Everyone's jeans are looking great! Mine just hit this amazing shade of blue - they really are fantastic jeans

EDIT: ^joelz beat me to the answer...

They have donut buttons, gives more of an edge that digs into the denim of the buttonfly:

p8230124.jpg

p8230125.jpg

By the way, I'm really enjoying the diverse field of contestants here! Been a while since we had an update from Klue and his bunch though. I wonder if their jeans are still whole...

how come button fly fades are so prominent on some jeans? do they have huge buttons or something?

Fit. On the 1108s and sized down 0105s you'll probably see a lot of button fades. On the more relaxed fit jeans, like my own, you'll see 'em, but no where near as pronounced.

i'm perplexed by this button-fade as well. my fly is faded as hell but no button-fade. it must be the buttons, cause my 1108 is TTS. it has something to do with the way the jean is made, and how the jean wraps around the pelvis. it's still a mystery to me.

EDIT:

after further review my jeans do exhibit the 'button-fade' but if you notice in the pics i posted saturday night there is a small spot of white about 2-3 inches under my shirt-line.(i'll post a detail pic in a few hours so ya'll can see). what happened is the pelvic area is stretched/pulled so that what would be a circular shaped fade has been pulled to the edge of the fly fabric( where miki-san uses the really thin yellow-thread) and somehow the button slants outward and causes the fabric to catch more friction there(on the button edge). the white you can see from the pic is where warp and yellow thread are worn away, and the weft shows through. my NON-contest 1108 uses the regular FC buttons. i'm starting the think it has more to do with the ergonomics, and less to do with the style/shape of buttons...

Compared the donut buttons on my 0105Cs to those on my '44 LVC 501s, and I noticed the Full Counts are a little concave, while the Levis are flat or bulge out very slightly. Like Mr HaGa said, they've got an edge and I think that little up turn in the button makes the edge a little more effective in creating fades.

thanks dudes. love the new slogan. but in no way are mine even close to yours. i'm washin them as i write. Gordon is sendin me some stuff to do repairs. he is the man. i will post pic's before and after. Haga, dude, yours are killing it and you're almost a month behind me. will rep when i can.

So somehow after 6 months of wearing/washing these my inseam finally shrank up to (what I think) is the ideal length. Looking forward to it, I'm getting some crazy denim falling action here too

It stopped raining for an hour or so so I said fuck it and started washing them. This is them before the 4th wash at 6 months. They're covered in drywalldust and other filth. They should brighten up nicely after the wash...

p9030099.jpg

p9030106.jpg

With the washer in my building leaving tons of limescale on my clothes and Mrs HaGa getting pissed at the stains I leave in the tub after washing my jeans, I decided to give Salaami's method a try.

5 Gallon bucket

p9030110.jpg

Add soap

p9030112.jpg

Dunk it

p9030113.jpg

Shake it

p9030117.jpg

Soak it

p9030119.jpg

Repeat with new water till the jeans rinse clear...

Post wash pics in a couple days...

train tracks comin through lovely, i told ya a wash won't hurt em! you haga and p-wing are front runners so far imho.

i've been studying these black FC and i noticed that the pocket-bags are(were) holding up very well. no holes or anything after 10 months. mine aren't a true test since i hardly ever carry anything in my pockets. thats what the leather pouch is for. i went to put some change in my pocket(which i never hardly do)this morning, and RIIIIIIIIIP! the top of the pocket ripped open. it ain't faulty craftsmanship, a shitty-made jean would've ripped a long time ago. @this point anything that goes kaputz on these is whatever, as they've taken more than their fair share of abuse, and keep on tickin'. like i said, i don't use front pockets, so fuck it.