Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

From BiG site:

"6x6 model (The thickness of threads and yarns are measured in numbers, #0

being the thickest and decreasing in size with a higher number. Therefore 6x6

indicates this model uses #6 indigo warp threads and #6 ecru weft yarn and is

heavier in weight and darker in color than the 7x6 model which uses #7 warp

threads and #6 weft yarns for a lighter weight and lighter color denim)."

Although it really depends on personal preference/opinion, many prefer the 6x6 for the reasons stated above (heavier and darker)

From memory, basically the 6x6 denim is heavier in weight (oz) and darker in colour.

In saying that, the difference is very minimal. 6x6 is 14.5oz and 7x6 is 14oz. The colour is slightly lighter on the 7x6 model and quality is exactly the same on both pairs.

Not sure if this is correct but 6x6 is button fly, 7x6 is zipper? Someone correct me if I am wrong...

aho & Cents or Non Cents : many thx for your information..5010xx 6x6 raw is the good choice in the future..

anyone in here have 5010xx 7x6 in worn condition?curious with the result, because i have only seen 5010xx 6x6 in worn condition..

are there any important, practical differences between the 5010xx 6x6 and the cheaper 5010xx (without the 6x6)?

also, which are the best places to buy skulls at? I'm asking because at selfedge they cost more than at fabfour (and selfedge is out of stock), but I don't know how shipping to mexico would work out if I bought there.

thanks

just a little thought.

the denim used on the special edition 5000xx that just came out is different from the old 5000xx they made i compared it and yes it is different ( raw to raw comparison) the thickness of the denim and the texture..

just a little thought.

the denim used on the special edition 5000xx that just came out is different from the old 5000xx they made i compared it and yes it is different ( raw to raw comparison) the thickness of the denim and the texture..

I'd assume the new 5000XX denim is just the same denim on the 5010's etc. (6x6 as stated earlier)....Care to post any pics ed?

anyone know how the one washes would fade if i have to wash them regularly? i work at a lab and while i don't have any bleaching chemicals there are plenty of potentially stinky ones that might get on them so i can't wear the raws as i'd have to wash them pretty much once a week

one wash jeans are the same thing as the raw jeans just washed once by skull for you. denim fades from wearing not from washing so you would develop more of a vintage type fade instead of a high contrast fade if you washed them less. there are users on here that wash their jeans regularly and develop some of the nicest looking pairs.

i did a review some pictures and my thoughts on the new skull fabric used on the s5000xx and the old fabric ( whoch they say is suppose to be the same as the old fabric they used STF un sanforized denim) will post it soon theres a huge difference in texture and feel