Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Go true to size, regardless of what the size charts tell you. These are incredibly slim (narrow) in the top-block. Unless you're rail-thin in the hips, the jeans don't take well to sizing down. The fly gaps like crazy and they're prone to crotch blow-out.

It does make for good lap fades though. :rolleyes:

Now I'm a little worried. I just proxied a pair of 5010xx's from Japan, and based on a few other recommendations, I got a tagged waist size 31.

Based on blueingreens sizing chart, the 31 5010XX's seem to fit almost identical to the 32 PBJ 005's one-wash, at least in the top block.

I just got a pair of the PBJ's in a tagged waist 32, and they fit damn near perfect, although there's a bit of room in the waist (half inch to an inch).

I've heard conflicting things about the Skulls, and now I'm really worried I may have made the wrong decision. For reference, I'm 5'10, and 155 lbs, with a true waist measurement if 31.5", and I wear a 29 in APC NS (which again, have about a half inch of room in the waist).

I've heard conflicting things about the Skulls, and now I'm really worried I may have made the wrong decision. For reference, I'm 5'10, and 155 lbs, with a true waist measurement if 31.5", and I wear a 29 in APC NS (which again, have about a half inch of room in the waist).

Well, don't sweat it until you get them. You won;t know 'til you try them on, really. It all depends on what fit you want and what you can tolerate in terms of top block fit. I didn't intend to worry you.

The fit on Skulls is determined more by the top-block span at the hips, not the waist size, which I've learned the hard way. At least re-sale is good right now...

Thomasec, you should be fine with your Skulls. Mine are a 31 and my APC NS are a 29. Both are a slim but comfortable fit on me as opposed to a roomier straighter fit.

Agreed. I think if you can tolerate the PBJ and NS top-block, you'll probably be okay.

lol yea i also have 6 or 7 other brands and soon a pair of momotaro's

Love my Momos. You're gonna love them too, if your fits on Skulls are anything to go by. If you got 0701s, they're tough to stretch.

Here, my skulls for you guys. I wore them constantly for about a year and after that, they got worn less and less because I need to put my wallet in my back pocket and I can't do that with these jeans.

Probably a good 350 days of wear and maybe 5-6 washes and a few soaks in there as well.

4507328164_02c54d87d2.jpg

4507325238_e51b50daf4.jpg

4507327414_838323c53c.jpg

4506691049_53be5269bc.jpg

4506688133_f50c8f05b5.jpg

It would be a shame to see these retired just because of a few holes. In honour of such well worn jeans, these patches are coming your way esoteric...

selvedgeoffcuts.jpg

I can't remember where they all came from. The left (pink); I have no idea. The middle denim (gold) is from either my F380s or Skulls. And the right (red) is from the 811s I'm rocking right now.

Hope you find a good tailor that can patch em up real nice-like! You should have a little denim left-over for patching any holes on your next pair of jeans. Enjoy!

sorry i don't get you, do you want the jeans waist measurements or you want my waist measurement where the jeans sit?

if so the brown and inidgo measure around 32inchs flat but i wear a belt with both so its not tight at all not so sure on the black's but of the top of my head i'd say 31

wear i wear my skulls is about 2inchs below my belly button so around 30 to 31 hope that helps?

meaning the blacks stretched out from a measured 28 to your 31 eh.

just a quick check, I followed the 5010xx measurement image http://img386.imageshack.us/i/sizingij0.png// and got a 81cms. what size do you reckon I get in a 5010xx 6x6 non wash?

Gotten a 28 before but it was just too tight to be buttoned. am deciding between a 29 and 30 now. any suggestions?

Gotten a 28 before but it was just too tight to be buttoned. am deciding between a 29 and 30 now. any suggestions?

Imo, get a 30. 29 will be buttonable raw, before soak. 30 will be comfortable. 5010 are slim already, and look great when not skin-tight. No need for pain.

Considering I have such a thin waist I would have to get 27 in the 5010xx O/W. Will getting a size this small cause them to be spandex tight throughout my legs, I have looked at sizing charts and it doesnt seem to be too bad but I would like some second opinions.

Guest I LOVE LFC
thanks, I sized down one

Tar mate.

If anyone's interested Kiosk 78 have 5010xx and 5507xx available for pre-order for the end of May.

I've just had the last 34 in the 5010xx, OH YEA!!!!!!!!