Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

What fits do Ooe have these days? I've worn my 4101XX from 2008 to hell almost, in my top three favorite pairs of jeans ever. I tapered them when I got them due to chicken legs, so does Ooe have a fit that is more tapered that the standard 47-ish fit?

E: Seems like 02 is the fit I want. How would would it be with custom patch, buttons and arcs? Do you e-mail them for the fabric chart?

02 cut is the best cut there is.

You can email them and they send you the samples of their denim for you to choose.

Nemoulette, was it you who purchased those 4101XX from me back then? would love to see an update.

ive been wearing my S9202XX a few weeks already but so far not much progress.

fabric and fit of those jackets are amazing

Unpacking pics:

003-8.jpg

006-9.jpg

007-9.jpg

009-9.jpg

013-3.jpg

I requested closer pockets because it's what works. Not kidding. I have what has been called a "sharp" ass...plus I'm a real brute. Wide pocket spreads are atrocious on me. Ryo and Hiro seemed hesitant to do bespoke work for a stranger, but they did it. And the pockets are perfect!

These arrived 1" under my order (waist). I think someone else had this happen to them as well. Is this a common thing? No worries...I threw in a wood block and hot-soaked. The jeans will be fine.

I didn't note pre-shrink length. I was too excited to soak them. I'm really, really sorry about that to any other fans of the broken twill.

Fit pics to come. Dry fit pics would be useless because they came undersized.

I requested closer pockets because it's what works. Not kidding. I have what has been called a "sharp" ass...plus I'm a real brute. Wide pocket spreads are atrocious on me. Ryo and Hiro seemed hesitant to do bespoke work for a stranger, but they did it. And the pockets are perfect!

These arrived 1" under my order (waist). I think someone else had this happen to them as well. Is this a common thing? No worries...I threw in a wood block and hot-soaked. The jeans will be fine.

I didn't note pre-shrink length. I was too excited to soak them. I'm really, really sorry about that to any other fans of the broken twill.

Fit pics to come. Dry fit pics would be useless because they came undersized.

What is a "sharp ass"? :)

Cool, I didn't thought you could customize that much!?

no hate, but i've always wondered about that size tab under the backpocket. doesn't that bother people? i dont know about everyone else but i just found the tab positioning abit awkward since i've always imagined it to be something that was meant to be inside of the jeans.

I just cut it off. My first Ooe's have the tab inside, but the ones from 6 months ago had this...

Lance, I've NEVER seen a broken twill like this. I'm surprised it isn't more popular because I doubt you'd ever find anything like this anywhere else, ever again. Heavy, super-slubby, natural weft. I'd recommend that anyone at least order a swatch to look at, even if it isn't to your taste. It's quite a curious fabric. Maybe I should be keeping my mouth shut about this. I think I may have found my staple jean.

I snipped the size tag out too. I don't completely understand it either. I know Ryo and Hiro are collectors of old documents and memorabilia, so perhaps they have an obscure reference for it somewhere. Questionable as it is, it's a cool thing to have and keep with the flasher.

moykky, a "sharp" ass is one that pokes out far :D Not a bad thing, but you'll usually see it in slighter people, not beasts like me.

Dan, I'll just have to wait and see. Broken twill seems to have easier stretch than traditional weaves. Now, this particular one is the stiffest, heaviest, and firmest I've ever seen...but Lance's experience with the stretch is hopeful.

I'll be doing a second hot soak, then I'll get some more photos up.

Lance, I've NEVER seen a broken twill like this. I'm surprised it isn't more popular because I doubt you'd ever find anything like this anywhere else, ever again. Heavy, super-slubby, natural weft. I'd recommend that anyone at least order a swatch to look at, even if it isn't to your taste. It's quite a curious fabric. Maybe I should be keeping my mouth shut about this. I think I may have found my staple jean.

I snipped the size tag out too. I don't completely understand it either. I know Ryo and Hiro are collectors of old documents and memorabilia, so perhaps they have an obscure reference for it somewhere. Questionable as it is, it's a cool thing to have and keep with the flasher.

moykky, a "sharp" ass is one that pokes out far :D Not a bad thing, but you'll usually see it in slighter people, not beasts like me.

Dan, I'll just have to wait and see. Broken twill seems to have easier stretch than traditional weaves. Now, this particular one is the stiffest, heaviest, and firmest I've ever seen...but Lance's experience with the stretch is hopeful.

I'll be doing a second hot soak, then I'll get some more photos up.

So, "sharp-ass" is like a "duck tail"? :D

I have a sample of 44 denim and to quote kung-fu panda I can vouch for it's awesomeness.

I'm waiting for a reply from Ooe, regarding a 02 customs. No reply and it's been a week now. It's almost killing me! :)

^Moykky... I'm waiting for a reply too. Sent an Email

A week ago about a chore coat and haven't heard a word.

I'm happy to wait but wasn't sure I got the ema address right!?

Did you just email via the address on their website?

Anyway fingers crossed.

They'll probably reply in 10minutes time now I've mentioned it ;)

Thanks.

Ps. the Broken Twill looks awesome!

^Moykky... I'm waiting for a reply too. Sent an Email

A week ago about a chore coat and haven't heard a word.

I'm happy to wait but wasn't sure I got the ema address right!?

Did you just email via the address on their website?

Anyway fingers crossed.

They'll probably reply in 10minutes time now I've mentioned it ;)

Thanks.

Ps. the Broken Twill looks awesome!

I got a reply today, they're just busy, I'm pretty sure you'll get email tomorrow! :)

Really easy stretch on these after a couple of hours. The block I used proved unnecessary. I might resoak the waist without it for full shrinkage and just squeeze in.

These have almost no roping on the hem! I know broken twill shrinks vertically, but I expected more roping as the denim tightened up.

What are you doing for your order, moykky?

i wouldn't worry about the roping if i were you. it happens to all my jeans after i soak them. no apparent roping at all until i start wearing them in, they all suddenly start to appear, so i guess that will happen to you too.

on a sidenote, i read somewhere once (not sure if i remembered wrongly), that the broken twill actually eliminates the leg twist. is leg twist apparent on yours after a hot soak?

What are you doing for your order, moykky?

I'm doing the 02 cut in #41 fabric. I wanted their heaviest denim for the winter. I'm really tempted to alter the back pocket spacing as well, 10 - 15 mm or so. How much did you do?

I have a pair of grey 02 that I used during the "warm" season and I really fell in love with the 02 cut. The other pair is 01 cut with #21 fabric.

Ooe.jpg

on a sidenote, i read somewhere once (not sure if i remembered wrongly), that the broken twill actually eliminates the leg twist

that is indeed a reason why broken twill was made if I remember correctly...

I'll have to put up some pics of my s1203xx but I'm a shitty photographer.

i wouldn't worry about the roping if i were you. it happens to all my jeans after i soak them. no apparent roping at all until i start wearing them in, they all suddenly start to appear, so i guess that will happen to you too.

on a sidenote, i read somewhere once (not sure if i remembered wrongly), that the broken twill actually eliminates the leg twist. is leg twist apparent on yours after a hot soak?

No leg twist! Yep, they pulled straight up while shrinking.

moykky, I asked for 1.5" (~ 3.8cm) off the seam. They actually took it from the dead centerline between the double stitch. They turned out great.

I'll get some photos up for you guys soon. I'm sure more people are curious about the pockets, plus I need opinions on length. I might be able to knock another inch off. If so, now would be the time to do it, with the minimal roping.

Here's the fit! Should be a good detail photo on the pockets. lmk if anyone wants more/closer/etc.

As the structure has creased and the fabric has fallen over the past few days, the length actually seems okay to me now. The cuffs are at the largest end of what I would be willing to do. But they're good.

Again for anyone skimming pics, these are 4403.

004-9.jpg

006-10.jpg

Those are beautiful, man. "Ghetto" repairs trump darning, paying, etc. Every patch is like one or two hours of your own focused attention.

About the #44: I can't wait to see sufu fades on them. The vintage-y fades on the blog are outstanding. I wonder how these will pan out with the contrast bias.

• 4 weeks later...