3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Most all 3sixteen denim is pretty tightly woven, thus the lack of stretch. It also doesn't respond well to one area being shrunken separately. Honestly if they don't fit good now they might be worse after you inevitably have to wash them.

Are you saying they'll shrink more than they'll stretch?

I think I might have given you the wrong idea on the fit part. They are more than ok as is, but I guess some alterations are always welcome. Buying jeans is always a hassle. Regarding the waist, it's not an issue with a belt fitted.

Edited by johanhej

• 2 weeks later...

About to be joining this thread - just ordered my first pair of 3sixteens. Opted for the 3sixteen+ 21 BSP. Cannot wait. Gotta thank Danny @ Rivet & Hide for the hookup.

Will post some pics in the coming days when they arrive.

I think you'll love them reedwill.  I have a pretty new pair that have only been washed twice.  The denim is dark with excellent texture without being stiff.  The details are also really nice.  My only wish is that they made a size 35.  I went with 36 and they're perfect after a wash but a bit roomy through the hips/thighs after a few wears.  I guess most manufacturers don't make odd sizes, Fullcount, Samurai, and others excepted.

John

I'll measure them when I get home, if you'd like SuperJackle.  I'm wearing them right now.  In general, I would characterize the front rise as medium-high and the rear rise as medium.  My preference is for higher rises (e.g., Samurai 710, Fullcount 1108) as opposed to other jeans I own which have rises that are lower than the 21BSPs (e.g., Iron Heart 634s and 633s).

I usually prefer the higher rises as well. It just struck me as strange to have an 11+ front rise(fairly "high" for size 31) and a 13ish inch rear. I would say a super normal front and rear rise for my size would be 10.5 front, 14.75 rear.

Relatively to the front, the back does feel slightly low.  That said, the jeans are very comfortable overall and look great, according to my wife and a host of supermodels ;-)

Our sizes are pretty different (31 vs. 35/6) but let me know if you'd like me to measure them later.

John

How's the rear rise on those? I'm considering getting a pair of 11bsps but after seeing the rear rise measurements on rivet/hide I got a little hesitant.

SuperJackie,

You know, you ask a good question.  I do like the 21BSP but I would like them more if the back rise were a little higher.  They're great in many ways (denim, front rise, attention to detail) but, yes, the back rise could be a little higher relative to the front.  I say this because I just bought a pair of Fullcount 1108XX, which are slightly more comfortable (to me), given a slightly higher rise, especially in back.

John

Thank you! I'll see how they fit and then account for some shrinkage. But I fear I got the wrong size then.

Max, if you wash them in cold water and hang them up to dry you won't see much shrinkage, just a little bit in length. But if you can't be bothered to hang dry and want to be able to throw them in the dryer, then you may want to consider the size up. Post up some fit photos when you get them in, I can tell whether they'll shrink too much for your liking.

Thanks for the support!

Ordered the SL chinos in beige, can't wait to get 'em.

I'm assuming the details are just about the same as the ST-44X?

The details are the same but the chino fabric is slightly different than what we used on the ST-44x. It's a white line selvedge and the hand of the fabric is a bit more uniform. You should have gotten them by now - how do they fit and how are you liking them?

Can't believe I missed out on these caps, they look killer. If anyone knows of any on the market I would love to cop one.

Don't lose hope...

I actually ended up not getting them, there was a bit of a mixup regarding what sizes were available.

You guys didn't end up having a 36 in beige after I had already established contact / ordered. Bummer.  :(

I'll second that Max. I go a couple and they all shrank enough in length that I don't wear them by themselves any more. But they still fit comfortably, just a little short and a tad tight, making them the perfect undershirt to wear under FH flannels - the only undershirt heavy enough to be worthy of wearing under such a heavy duty flannel

Fit pic // 3sixteen+ 21bsp // post-soak // 1 inch hem

First day of wear and I already love these jeans. I have been wearing flatheads for the past five months and I thought that the pioneer series denim was awesome, but these jeans have blown me away. I wouldn't be surprised if the flatheads are permanently relegated to the back of my closet...

photo1-1_zps1db2c6f5.jpg

photo2-1_zps8a474b7e.jpg

Edited by reedwill

^Lookin good! The 18 oz unsanforized fabric is one of my favorites in our range. We just completed a huge run of 11BSP's and 21BSP's so they won't be as hard to get as they have been over the past few years.

Congrats on the 21BSP's.  Beautiful denim on these jeans -- excellent color and texture (substantial but not stiff).  I just machine washed my size 36's and they're came out great.

John