3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

What are the fits of the ST-100X and SL-100X comparable to in the N&F line? I have a pair of weird guys right now in 29 and was looking at picking up either the ST or SL, but can't decide. Do they ST taper as much as the weird guys? I was looking at getting a pair of APC New Standards but I keep hearing 3Sixteen is way better quality, so I decided I'd give them a shot. Which fit is best to compare to the New Standards? Also, how are the front pockets compared to N&F? I've been wearing mine for a few months and they're stretched out now, but it's still hard to get my hand in the pocket, I've just heard N&F's pockets are always tight. Are 3Sixteens the same way?

Thanks.

Edited by duscar

What are the fits of the ST-100X and SL-100X comparable to in the N&F line? I have a pair of weird guys right now in 29 and was looking at picking up either the ST or SL, but can't decide. Do they ST taper as much as the weird guys? I was looking at getting a pair of APC New Standards but I keep hearing 3Sixteen is way better quality, so I decided I'd give them a shot. Which fit is best to compare to the New Standards? Also, how are the front pockets compared to N&F? I've been wearing mine for a few months and they're stretched out now, but it's still hard to get my hand in the pocket, I've just heard N&F's pockets are always tight. Are 3Sixteens the same way?

Thanks.

Tight pockets is just reality. Most denim is like this to some extent. N&F is probably worse than others on average. If you wear them long enough and use the pockets, they will stretch like anything else. It takes a while.

Edited by ac_slater

Do you guys have any plans to release a size 35 waist in the SL's?

Not many brands have it, and I really want some of your denim. But it seems I'm in between the 34 and 35's. I like the waist looser but the 36's would be too loose if they stretched more than .5". On the other hand the 34's would need to stretch out at least a full inch (probably 1.5") to work out.

If not, I'll probably just grin and bear it with the 34's but I thought I'd ask.

In the next 6 or so months Im looking to get a new pair of jeans and was thinking of picking up some St-100xs. I have to get them hemmed quite a bit, to a 30 atleast. Will this do much to the fit of the jeans?

That won't affect the fit much because that jean is fairly straight from the knee down, there is a very small bit of taper but it won't be that noticeable considering how slim the jean is.

So I decided to wait until Octoberish to get the SL's, but since Self Edge is having this sale I might just grab them now. Are there any more wear pics of the SL-200's floating around, or even the shadow's?

All I can find of the 200's is the lookbook (which look pretty awesome), and I haven't found anything for the shadows.

^^^

Were these the ones that were 8 months old but only had about 2-3 months of wear on them?

I found some shots of the Shadows (i think on the 3sixteen tumblr) like that. Any idea if the new run is any different to these?

Does anyone know of ways to stretch out the top block on a pair of SLs? I've had a pair for over a year with maybe a month or two of effective wear and I can't take the tightness around my junk and hips anymore. The waist has never been a problem. I don't want to give up on them until I've tried everything. Any suggestions?

Edited by Beanzer

This might sound crazy but give it a try. Dip the top half of your jeans into some cold water to get the top block damp, and then grab a bunch of soup cans and cram them into the top where it needs stretching and let it dry out overnight. No guarantees but it should give you a little bit of extra room.

Hey guys, 1st post here, but spent years lurking, so don't go crazy if this has been asked before (and I did spend ages reading through this thread and using the searchbar...)

I got my pair of ST100x's like 3 weeks ago and I'm loving these (despite them being very tight in the thigh), but one thing I noticed on these that I haven't seen on any other jeans is the inside leg seem (the one opposite the selvage). It's a really clean look and one of the great little details on these, but I was wondering if anybody has seen this on other jeans? I spent like an hour looking at loads of jeans on BiG to see if I could find any others with it but couldn't...

This might sound crazy but give it a try. Dip the top half of your jeans into some cold water to get the top block damp, and then grab a bunch of soup cans and cram them into the top where it needs stretching and let it dry out overnight. No guarantees but it should give you a little bit of extra room.

Thanks ajchen. I tried something similar and they did stretched out a little. My problem is the rise is too low for my build. An extra 1-1.5 inches in the back would make a world of difference. I'm going to tough it out for now and I'll try to post some fit picks when I can.

Hey guys, 1st post here, but spent years lurking, so don't go crazy if this has been asked before (and I did spend ages reading through this thread and using the searchbar...)

I got my pair of ST100x's like 3 weeks ago and I'm loving these (despite them being very tight in the thigh), but one thing I noticed on these that I haven't seen on any other jeans is the inside leg seem (the one opposite the selvage). It's a really clean look and one of the great little details on these, but I was wondering if anybody has seen this on other jeans? I spent like an hour looking at loads of jeans on BiG to see if I could find any others with it but couldn't...

This is called felled seams. From my understanding its more of a modern technique whereas the brands you find at BiG focus more on vintage reproductions and stick with more traditional construction methods. APCs have felled seams. I agree, its a nice detail.

Greetings.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair of SL-100X, but like most people, I have fit questions. Right now, I am wearing a pair of Cone denim 505s that measure 30.5" in the waist and fit great (little too ample in the butt - they are 505s). I was going to order a pair of 29s, based on the premise that the jeans begin at 30" and stretch to 31," when I saw the post by a 32 who ended up with 34s and soaked down. So I'm on the fence now. Expert advice appreciated. I'm in the Oregon boonies - getting to SESF would be tough.

Greetings.

I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair of SL-100X, but like most people, I have fit questions. Right now, I am wearing a pair of Cone denim 505s that measure 30.5" in the waist and fit great (little too ample in the butt - they are 505s). I was going to order a pair of 29s, based on the premise that the jeans begin at 30" and stretch to 31," when I saw the post by a 32 who ended up with 34s and soaked down. So I'm on the fence now. Expert advice appreciated. I'm in the Oregon boonies - getting to SESF would be tough.

From what you said about the measurements of your current jean i'd go for a size 30 unless you're ok with dealing with a snug fit for a few weeks until the denim stretches out.

If you want a slimmer fit go for the 29, they'll be tight at first but will stretch with regular wear in less than a couple of weeks.

From what you said about the measurements of your current jean i'd go for a size 30 unless you're ok with dealing with a snug fit for a few weeks until the denim stretches out.

If you want a slimmer fit go for the 29, they'll be tight at first but will stretch with regular wear in less than a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the quick reply! I went with the 30s and ordered last night.