Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Just as an update for you Sugarcane fans...

Sugarcane has decided to NOT stop production on it's repro cuts, but just merely add it's new cuts to it's catalog without removing any items.

Also, this fall we will see the introduction of a two new SC jeans, one of which will be SC's most expensive jeans yet and the other being a standard 5-pocket jean cut like the Okinawa but with some unique design additions. I'll post photos and more info when i'm allowed to.

Also, one of the main reasons for my recent trip to Japan was to try and convince Toyo to NOT cease production on it's reproduction models and to NOT put huge stars on the back pockets of all of it's jeans. I think i may have been successful. I have recently heard from Japan and they're saying that they do not plan on stopping production on the repros or putting large stars on the back pockets of their new models.

This is great news for me and for anybody else that's into Japanese repros...

As a Sugarcane freak/fanboy, many thanks for the update and info.

Great news with regards to the stars. It would have been a major turn-off point for me if they decide to go ahead with putting it on ALL their jeans.

Looking forward to the pics... :-)

Phew. Just when I was thinking of how I was going to buy up as many SC repros as I can before they stopped making them, at least I've got a bit of breathing room now.

Now I can start saving up for the SExSC02 (with the houndstooth pockets).

I wonder what SC is going to come up with for their "most expensive jeans yet."

what is the slimment cuts for sugarcane ? i'm sorry i didn't read through the thread but i guess asking would be faster so yea. thanks alot.

The slimmest SC jeans is the 1966...

That is, until we release the SEXSC02...

Chucks Vintage just got their first Sugar Cane Shipement and they want to throw us alittle party to Celebrate. . .

Anybody in L.A. interested?

Also: Anybody else noticed that the '47's look like they're getting longer?? I tried them on again today, about a year after I tried them on at DenimBar....I swear they've gotten longer....Long enough for my 6'2'' frame...finally.

• 2 weeks later...

need some sizing help, i apologize, gonna get a pair of 40401, dont know weather i need a 30 or 31?

i bought a pair of SExIH in 31 (kiya has the measured wait at 30) and these fit perfect in the waist.

so for the sc 40401 hawaii, what do i need seeing as they are one wash they wont shrink too much more if any correct? i had a response from an ebay seller tell me to get 31, but i am confused if you go by BIG they have the 30 measuring out to an acutal 30

sorry for the long post and the confusion, but

30 or 31 what do i need?

Sugar Cane SC40200

Does anyone have these jeans ? i want to buy a pair of these and i'm a bit confused about the shrinkage and the size. my waist is about 84 cm.

My RRDS is a size 31

My Skull 5010xx 6x6 is a 32 (raw)

but if i follow this chart i have to get a 33. or even a 34.

Are all SC that small ?

Size specifications (unit: cm)

Size West Hip On crotch Under crotch [watari] Hem mouth

28 inches 74 97 26 85 27 21

29 inches 76 100 27 85 28 21

30 inches 78 103 28 88.5 29.5 22.5

31 inches 80 107 28 89 30 23

32 inches 82 110 29 89 30 23

33 inches 84 113 30 89 31 23

34 inches 87 117 31 89 32 24

36 inches 92 121 33 90 33 25

most sc's seem to be correct to tag size, but remember they do stretch just like all dry denim, i personally sized down twice to get a slimmer fit, i m=would recomend you getting a 30 at least (or should that be most?) possibly even a 29.

ahw man this confuses me. Are you sure. Is this also the case on the Special denims from sugar cane

True waist 84cm. Nudie size 31 Skulll size 32

Mil-Mil states a 32 is 84cm 33 is 86cm

and beat states a 32 is 82cm and 33 is 84cm

and cansass states a 32 is 83cm. and 33 is 85cm

I think ill be getting a 33. The thing will shrink like hell ? And its better to be safe and a have a size too big.