Burgus Plus by Hinoya

tweeds

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ran - loved your photos in the burgus world tour thread! Must spread rep... but the tour jeans are looking great!

Here's how my 770's are coming along after 13 months wear & 5 washes.

5094093622_f40edc071d_z.jpg

5093494921_cca9371820_z.jpg

I just put them through a 6th wash & will post pics tomorrow. I'm joining the Eternal 811 contest so won't be able to work on these 770's anymore. But my Burgus have reached near ideal condition IMHO so all is good. Time to hang them on the wall and admire daily.

Yea you're right they could still go another year of wear, but life is short and there's too much good denim to break in!

Besides, after 13 months & 6 washes the denim is starting to bust up

Post-wash front & back

5096987972_3cfd781d43_z.jpg

Lovely vintage fades. The denim has stubbornly held onto it's blue

5095300489_a2ecafcdd2_z.jpg

Knuckle scraping pockets lead to the pocket bags tearing faster than they should. I'll repair this soon & post updates

5095298843_5830149221_z.jpg

Busted in-seam. My dahon did this

5095896378_c4396899a5_z.jpg

Ropes beginning to fray. Looks like I lost some of my chainstitching as well. I usually roll my ankles up so I suspect this happened in the wash.

5095894402_b2764c5dbe_z.jpg

Subtle interior fade on the selvedge. That pink thread gives me a kick every time.

5095892786_6a0d96afe1_z.jpg

Wallet burn & busted arcs. Who would've thought my ass could create a thing of such beauty?

5095292955_63f3fd82ca_z.jpg

Handing the baton over to the Burgus tour group now. Looking forward to seeing you guys complete the evo journey! Wear em into the ground!

• 1 month later...

Here are some details about these amazing jeans.

- 17.4 oz denim with purple selvage ID

- Burgus red tab

- Heavy olive canvas pocket bags

- 4 different threads used on the stitching throughout the top block

- Deerskin leather patch

- Pointy rivets

I like the subtle contrast of the different thread colours and thicknesses. There's probably a reason for each of the different threads; the thicker threads are used around the front and back pockets, for more reinforcement I would imagine. Red tab FTW. Purple selvage ID is pretty uncommon, and I like that it picks up on some of the purple tones in the denim. The rivets on these are really pointy with sharp edges. I tried filing down the edge on one, but I think I'll just hammer them down eventually. The patch is buttery soft, a nice contrast to the rigid buffalo patch on my SExSC06.

While the details are nice, the denim really is the main event here. The denim is pretty hairy and streaky. Again, the colour on these is pretty intense. Here's Hinoya's translated description of the denim:

vintage Use denim, 17.4oz Vionsudenimu to Rino Kana thick. Reverse custom warp slab (Normal and reverse slub yarn, but they reversed that thick thin, that is what I use this yarn, Will look different to other denim secret. ) Fifth, and sixth uses a weft. This low tension (warp loosely put) and weave in twill and collapse characteristics of the warp to the contest, You can feel the sense of going down into the unique vertical wear. The denim is the selection of the warp Because it is custom-made jeans are all imbued with the originality and weaving, and now other companies The biggest attraction has become a point of no taste.

I'm not familiar enough with the weaving of denim to know what this all means, but it looks awesome. I've got FH and Eternal denim which are both amazing, but these are something else.

I can't wait to see how these are going to fade, but these look pretty promising:

copyofr0010304.jpg

copyofr0010303.jpg

r0010305t.jpg

r0010306.jpg

r0010309.jpg

r0010307.jpg

r0010310.jpg

r0010316.jpg

img55561797.jpg

i like how this brand is slowly gaining a following. they are pretty underrated!

co-sign. the quality/construction on burgus gear is absolutely unbeatable for the price. i also want to cop some of the new robust line by hinoya. looks pretty awesome...

♥♥♥ Hinoya - the staff there are sooo friendly and helpful and always look really well dressed without being pretentious.

780 sanforized or not?

one-wash. i think all the burgus are one-wash?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...