Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

These jeans do stretch out a lot. I should of sized down one.
FUCK YOUU.

.. your fit is perfect. :(

jackers, any recent fit pics? Fit looked pretty good last time I saw them.

Everyone who's saying they should have sized down, how did you originally size them?

I've got them TTS but not ready to wear them yet (no soak, still need to hem). Pretty sure that I'll get a good slim-straight fit. I actually prefer the looser fits that I've seen of these than the tight, "sized down" fits.

I got them tapered and hemmed and I love the fit now. I didn't get the ankle tapered enough, so it doesn't "stack" very well, but it still feels a lot better than it did out of the box.

I haven't even worn them a week yet and I LOVE EM. Great job on these kiya :)

Stopped by the tailor today to check on my jeans, the cut is lookin great, UNFORTUNATELY there was a miss-communication and the guy cut the selvage instead of the inner seem so bye bye selvage edge : /

If anyone is interested in a damn near new pair of sexsc06s sz.33 cut to 7.5 leg opening ( no selvage edge ), lemme know if your interested. I'll take low offers and even trades. If not, these are going to be my club and bboy jeans. Fit pics to come.

--Markmont.

Oh man, I think I would have had a major fit. Good lesson in how important communication is, cannot be overestimated!

Yeah, that's the second time around that a tailor's screwed up a perfect pair of denim. There's another case in the Imperial thread where something like thats happened as well.

Seriously turning me off to having the fit altered on mine.

Actually to the contrary. He said regardless, they are still selvage denim : P

--Markmont.

Just to be clear, I was joking around as kiya has on more than one occasion expressed his belief in NOT tapering jeans...not referring to the selvage...but its all good and they do look great! :cool:

Great job on those, even though I'm personally against tapering. And all homo intended, but it looks like you've got the same problem in there being an excess amount of material in the crotch.

I'm actually fine with that part, any less material and I wouldn't be comfy - pants would be riding up too much and I'd be gettin' some undesired d*ck fades heh.

--Markmont.

Why didn't you just leave the edge on and have a wider hem edge? I did that with a pair of LVC 55s and it's actually pretty cool in a bold kind of way. Not that it matters in the long run.

I have a pair of those and love that green line selvedge.

There was a miscommunication. I actually wanted him to tapper from the inner seam so as to not touch the selvage edge at all. If he did however leave the edge after tapering it on the selvage seam, it would have been a ton of fabric in there. But oh well.

--Markmont.

There was a miscommunication. I actually wanted him to tapper from the inner seam so as to not touch the selvage edge at all. If he did however leave the edge after tapering it on the selvage seam, it would have been a ton of fabric in there. But oh well.

--Markmont.

Yo Markmont....nice fit fer sure....so I'm thinkin of gettin my sexsc06's tapered @ denim doctors. I have a size 34 n i want a fit pretty dead on to urs in terms of tapering....All i gotta tell them is 7.5" leg opening from the knee down and don't touch the selvege right? anyone know if denim doctors will rechainstitch? let me know. thanks

^^Thanks jackers, thanks akuma, rmc - since you've got a sz. 34, I'd probably go to a 7.8 leg opening. But it's all preference really. I just took a pair of jeans that sat on my sneakers really well and stacked well and used its leg opening as my model. You could also use some pins to mock-up what size you want the leg opening to be so you know EXACTLY what your getting. Since I didn't want the thighs to be any tighter, yes, I had the taylor taper from the knee down. Yes, denim doctors does do chainstitching. If you call them up, they will be more then glad to guide you through the process.

--Markmont.

Well, here's a tiny bit of contribution to this thread at last. Pretty uneventful post wash photos of my pair. Relatively worn on and off since they came out.

I figure I can attribute the lack of wear to the relatively "sit on your ass" all day lifestyle here in Manila. That and the relative looseness of the fit. Don't get me wrong though, their still an awesome pair of jeans none the less, just size em tight.

Front

3905518825_0972dfa6a2.jpg

Back

3906299872_c10ff88d96.jpg

Close up. See how hairy the denim is?

3906300932_7b43aeacac.jpg

Post wash photos if the warrant it. I soaked mine with the hottest tap water I could get from the shower and then proceeded to scrub. I hope it shrinks to a fit that'd be a bit more flattering.

willkhitie is right, if you get a pair definitely size them tight. I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my pair won't have awesome fades (due to being more relaxed, as well as a softer denim). But I love them just the way they are. They might end up having at the very least back pocket fades and some honeycombs.