Self Edge x Sugar Cane - SExSC06

Ry'on

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a very good fit to me, as well. One size tighter would still have worked (I am ever the advocate of wearing denim tight), but I think you have been well served.

• 4 weeks later...

C'mon Shoexjunkie, tight is good, in particular with this one. As long as you can close the buttons, they fit right imO. Keep on rocking them!

^The thoughts crossed my mind actually.

I've got around 2 inches of slack on my 33s and I was deliberating whether to put the jeans up on supermarket or just have it tailored. I cant bare to let go of the pants, the denim is just nuts.

^The thoughts crossed my mind actually.

I've got around 2 inches of slack on my 33s and I was deliberating whether to put the jeans up on supermarket or just have it tailored. I cant bare to let go of the pants, the denim is just nuts.

EXACTLY. The fit isn't for everybody. Definitely not for me. But the quality of the jean is so nice and characteristic, I figured tapering would be the best happy medium. I'll post pics when I get it done.

--Markmont.

I know, do post when you get it done, i'd like to see how they turn out.

The fit really isn't for everyone. That's probably the main reason why my pair have been demoted to inhouse jeans, now that I'm leaning more towards a more tailored fit.

Not to knock on it, I still find myself rubbing my legs, just as much as when I first got it. The slub on these is just amazing, so much so that I'd be willing to desecrate it and have it tapered down.

Call me crazy, but has anyone tried having these tapered by a tailor? I'm going to have my pair cut to the same, or as close as possible, to the iron heart cyclist fit. Very interested to see the stacking and slimness on such a slubby jean. Pics to come.

--Markmont.

I got them tapered and hemmed and I love the fit now. I didn't get the ankle tapered enough, so it doesn't "stack" very well, but it still feels a lot better than it did out of the box.

I haven't even worn them a week yet and I LOVE EM. Great job on these kiya :)

Completely redid my yard today and got these rather dirty. If it weren't for the poor snail in the grass that my right knee knelt on by accident, these would've gone with a couple more months of wear.

fdf580bc.png

3214c608.png

I also like how the buttons peek copper now:

?action=view&current=6d9a04bf.png6d9a04bf.png

Obligatory fit pic:

3cc82b91.png

Cool stuff, Solix! I wish my SEXSC06 were as far as yours. Are you sure that snail (RIP) really makes a wash necessary? Sleep on it and then decide slightly filthy jeans ain't that bad.....

They still smelled rather musty, dusty. Plus I don't have many other pant selections for backup.

As far as fading, I still don't see how some of these other wearers get such great atari and contrast. I've worn mine on and off since last November (worn rather hard when I do get to wear them) and I still don't get the peeking white fades that others have gotten in 4-6 months. But s'all gravy. They're still a really great, soft, comfortable pair of denim.

Yeah, tell me about it. I feel you-others always seem to get more intense fades than me. You wear yours not real tight, I notice-I probably would have tried to talk you into one size smaller.

If you're sure a night of airing them out, or the freezer, or both, really can't take care of the situation, well then, it has to be a wash. Sigh. But you will provide us with an after-wash pic soon, won't you?

Looking good, solix. Don't give up. But I agree, they're slow faders for sure. I haven't really worn mine that much since I have a no blue jeans dress code at work, but they'll get more attention once school starts.

Before I got my pair, I was scared they'd be too tight, but I realize now I could've gone down a size (or two) seeing as there's way too much fabric in the crotch/waist. I know they'd shrink to a good size with a soak, but I don't want to have to keep soaking them constantly. Any suggestions?

Solix and Grouse-what you write here is music to my ears. I am ever the advocate of wearing denim tight, I think that's a strong part of the whole idea of jeans. And not rarely I get flak and unwelcome suggestions in this context.

Grouse, don't want to be a "told you so", but that's what I thought immediately when you supplied us with those (underlit) pics of your freshly arrived SEXSC06s.

And Solix, I'm sure you'd have done very well indeed with one size smaller.

But I also know, it always takes courage, if not blind faith, to make that decision at the outset. I bought mine used and soaked from another member here, a W 30, hoped for the best and was lucky. The pleasure of wearing them would be (for me, that is) cut in half if they were a size larger. I consider the two of you guys brothers in spirit!!!

I know, do post when you get it done, i'd like to see how they turn out.

The fit really isn't for everyone. That's probably the main reason why my pair have been demoted to inhouse jeans, now that I'm leaning more towards a more tailored fit.

Not to knock on it, I still find myself rubbing my legs, just as much as when I first got it. The slub on these is just amazing, so much so that I'd be willing to desecrate it and have it tapered down.

maybe you can do a fit pic for us to comment on before doing anything drastic on a perfect pair of jeans?

^^^ you should be okay with that. If you hot soak and machine dry, they shrink a bunch

Yea I think so. I'm wearing a pair of Sammy 5000bk's right now that I really like. They are a 34 and all I did was a cold/warm soak and hang dry and they fit really well. So I figure the 36's should be good if I do that. I'm looking at the 1947's too but the denim just doesn't seem as cool.

edit* Actually I'm not so sure. I just measured the Sam's and they are 34". I don't think the SC's can get that small.

Many votes for sizing down here, the staunch advocate for wearing them tight is delighted to read. Mine have stretched, not a "ton" perhaps, but noticeably.