Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

So, i have two questions for the Samurai crowd.

I've been looking into getting a pair of Samurai's but I'm having a hard time deciding which one's would hit me best.

I have 2 pairs of Naked and Famous, Skinny's and Weird Guys, do the Samurai's fit like either of these, I was thinking the 710's are going to be my best bet.

Second question: I'm about a 28 inch waist, should I go for TTS?

@nachtelijk:

yeah I have that soap but haven't used it yet. will use it soon on my S500JX-LR.

demonito often used it

thanks, my friend is helping me get some and i'm stuck between this and the sugarcane one... would be nice to have both but didn't wanna impose on her luggage too much, so was hoping for some reviews before i reach a decision.

I have the SugarCane soap, and it comes with both the detergent and an "Amino Treatment" that you're supposed to soak your jeans in afterwards. A box of the stuff comes with 10 packets for ¥2,940 at Hinoya Plus. I have no experience with the Samurai stuff yet.

hello folks!

I owned a pair of s710xx but I bought them two sizes too big, so the lower leg keeps flaring out like bootcut jeans. I sold them and switched to a pair of Skulls. Fair enough. Getting some nice fades after 6-7 months or so. But I really miss my Sams, so i tought about getting myself a pair of s0500xx. I wear my jeans high and slim (not nutbreaking slim) because I'm fairly skinny. Would you recommend these jeans for a skinny guy or should I look into something else?

thanks, my friend is helping me get some and i'm stuck between this and the sugarcane one... would be nice to have both but didn't wanna impose on her luggage too much, so was hoping for some reviews before i reach a decision.

i've used both the sugarcane soap+conditioner and the samurai soap, and i like the sugarcane soap better. the sugarcane is liquid soap and conditioner and comes in pairs of packets, one use per packet. the samurai soap is powder and one box will probably last you years if you only use it to wash jeans. i like the sugarcane soap more though, the soap + treatment combo is really nice and made the denim look and feel really really good. the samurai soap is good too but it kinda leaves a weird smell.

don't know much about samurai's and the cuts they have available..

i am 5'11 and only 155 pounds.. skinny legs and thighs.

i llke a slim/ slim tapered fit but even those can vary. i.e. flathead bsp's, nudie grim tims, iron heart 666's.. what cut would be the best out of the sammies?

the paisr you could or should try are the S710XX or S003JP (the slimmer option)

+1 on this

5000xx will have a larger leg opening that the 710s will, sounds like that it was you are trying to avoid. So it seems like 710 would be perfect for you.

he wrote about the S0500XX. if he sizes down 1 or 2 he could get a rather slim fit with them.

but as we both said, best would be the S710XX in the right size

hello folks!

I owned a pair of s710xx but I bought them two sizes too big, so the lower leg keeps flaring out like bootcut jeans. I sold them and switched to a pair of Skulls. Fair enough. Getting some nice fades after 6-7 months or so. But I really miss my Sams, so i tought about getting myself a pair of s0500xx. I wear my jeans high and slim (not nutbreaking slim) because I'm fairly skinny. Would you recommend these jeans for a skinny guy or should I look into something else?

Based on my experience, I'd recommend the 710's. My advice would be to look at the raw waist measurements and buy whatever size matches your waist measured where your jeans normally sit. DEPENDING ON HOW SLIM YOUR THIGHS ARE, you could even buy a size down from that. Basically, pay the most attention to the thigh measurement with the knowledge that the waist on the 710's will stretch up to an inch past the raw measurement if need be. The thighs will shrink up to 1/2" from the raw measurement. Hope that helps.

Some news... I was at Blue in Green today (I'm in New York for a few days) and I asked Gordon about a new revision of the 710 bk.

710 black knights are back this summer in 17 oz denim. He's currently working on deciding between black thread and orange thread.

Don't know if this info has been posted but I know everyone wanted black 710's.

That's very exciting!!! I think he should put it to a vote! I say orange thread!

Did he say when they would be in-store?

Some news... I was at Blue in Green today (I'm in New York for a few days) and I asked Gordon about a new revision of the 710 bk.

710 black knights are back this summer in 17 oz denim. He's currently working on deciding between black thread and orange thread.

i have no idea why he would choose orange thread. black thread is the way to go