Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

hi, i want to wash my 1,5 year olds sams, I soaked them twice and washed once without spin, now its the time for another wash, I want to use spin option now (light one) will it help me getting higher contrast fades? Or there is no diff between spin and no spin? I have been told that spin might harm raw denim, is it true? prollyit has been asked but I want to be sure about this one ;)

thanks

hi, i want to wash my 1,5 year olds sams, I soaked them twice and washed once without spin, now its the time for another wash, I want to use spin option now (light one) will it help me getting higher contrast fades? Or there is no diff between spin and no spin? I have been told that spin might harm raw denim, is it true? prollyit has been asked but I want to be sure about this one ;)

thanks

No, never use spin. It could (not saying would) have the exact opposite effect on your fades, but not spinning definitely wont.

s8000jxn at 4 months. They were last years summer model 18oz lht texas cotton

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

Got to spred..cant rep..nice evo..love this model vintage look..Anybody got a vintage model with suspender button..plz post em.:cool:

No, never use spin. It could (not saying would) have the exact opposite effect on your fades, but not spinning definitely wont.

sup? thought i'd point out that after the first 3 month's i allways machine wash inside out with regular powder and wash cycle and never any problems, check the eternal contest and skull jeans thread i have a pair of s0500xx i treat the same :cool:

sup? thought i'd point out that after the first 3 month's i allways machine wash inside out with regular powder and wash cycle and never any problems, check the eternal contest and skull jeans thread i have a pair of s0500xx i treat the same :cool:

Sure, but his question specifically referred to high contrast (sharp) fades, and the effect of spinning on them. I have never seen anyone advocate spinning as a method of preserving or enhancing high contrast fades, quite the opposite in fact.

Using a spin cycle won't cause a problem with his jeans, buy might dull the sharpness of his fades is what I'm saying.

I also treat my jeans similar to you Chambo, but I prefer vintage fades to high contrast fades.

thanks

hey there!

AFAIK, spinning has no impact on your already established fades. spinning can lead to unwanted creases and thereby unwanted fades which may look odd. but that is rather a problem with new and unworn pairs with a lot of starch still in it.

so it should be no problem if you spin your pair...but it won't change the outcome of your fades (IMO)

Give it a try and see what happens, I think we're all intrigued now.

so i washed them with light spin cycle and there is nothing wrong with them, it doesnt have impact on fades but I think they have shrinked more with spinning than regular soak wash, They have shrinked 2,5" in waist, dont know how I will put these on, its gonna involve some pain