Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I just got some 710 from 2nd, size 32 Lot 12, I went true to size, but it seems that they shrink from tagged size, as presoak the waist measures 16" across, so 32'.

Presoak the fit is really good, and I can do them up, but the waist is tight and I am unsure if they will fit post soak, both in the legs and the waist.

What is do you recommend, cold soak, and wear wet, I would prefer to make these work and not have to sell them.

Advice? Thanks

I just got some 710 from 2nd, size 32 Lot 12, I went true to size, but it seems that they shrink from tagged size, as presoak the waist measures 16" across, so 32'.

Presoak the fit is really good, and I can do them up, but the waist is tight and I am unsure if they will fit post soak, both in the legs and the waist.

What is do you recommend, cold soak, and wear wet, I would prefer to make these work and not have to sell them.

Advice? Thanks

just soak em and post measurements after.

or if your down with super slim jawnz, wash hot, then stretch the waist while their wet to fit you - that is if the legs arent way to tight. there was a dude a while back that sized down like crazy but they looked badass..

buuuuut.. there was lots of talk previously about lot #s and how to size them. shoulda done yo research.

just soak em and post measurements after.

and do that.. and post pics. sell em if you dont like em

If you would have went back a few pages, I had the exact size and lot and it also measured 32 presoak. :P

Good news though, post hot soak the waist barely shrunk. Everything else shrunk a lot though.

Advice? Thanks

s510xx AI-N turned 15 months today.

Thinking of washing although my strategy thus far was initial soak then washes every 6 months.

there's 1year pics in this thread, I think the next wash will really blow em up. If I wash them tonight ill post up pics tomorrow.

Thinking about selling my pair of samurai s710xx 2nd collab jeans size 32 worn less than 5 times in perfect condition. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up before anyone else could get their grubbys on them, would prefer they go to a good home :)

what does the waist measure now?

Ordered my first pair of Sams from 2nd. The sizing information scattered about this thread was used to guesstimate the size to order. Additionally, as 2nd does chainstitching, I asked them to hem the Sams at 89cm. As a first time Samurai buyer, it felt like a big risk to lock-in size and length in one shot. As a return or exchange back to Japan is not feasible taking a full whack at it seemed the best option.

The fit turns out to be perfect. Many thanks to all who shared sizing/shrinking experiences. Hot soaked & air dried 3 times with rolling boiling water (wife's pasta pots). Not much shrinkage after the 2nd soak. A 15" piece of lumber was inserted to the waistband before soaking. Sized TTS with actual waist of 32.5".

Samurai S5000VX21oz Lot 12 Tagged 32

Raw:

waist 15.75" thigh 12.25" knee 9" length 35"

cuff 8.75" front rise 11" rear rise 14"

Post-soak

waist 16" thigh 11.5" knee 8.5" length 32.5"

cuff 8.5" front rise 10" rear rise 13.75"