Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Are those the Lot13s that are on BiG website?

I noticed it said "new detail changes" from Lot12 to Lot13, which I suppose may refer to that?

Thinking about getting a pair of slim 710xx ... Bit unsure yet of size, too. I want them 16 across but to be steady and comfy tight there, so not sure if I should go for 31 (16w) or 30 (15.75) to give them a tad bit of room to stretch and 'mold' to me.

BIG has lot 12 (in a few sizes) and lot 13 710's... Not sure if the imported Samurais will have the white tab but I would guess yes, ask Gordon to be sure. My 710's stretched to 2" past the original (pre soak/pre stretch) measurements so if you want a 32" waist you'd want to go with the 30's.

and btw I have raw diors too and the 710's are 100x better overall

I didn't know if I was suppose to soak Sams or not, that's why I'm posting here. It seems like for some brands you do and others you don't.

whoa all raw denim needs soaking regardless of brand. one wash jeans no but raw, yes it would be a good idea

whoa all raw denim needs soaking regardless of brand. one wash jeans no but raw, yes it would be a good idea

I appreciate your restraint in not ripping this guy a new one. +rep BUT, think by saying needs you might have entrenched the problem even more. It gives the impression, to people who are thinking deficient, that they need to do something. The same impulse that makes them think they need sams. and they need loopwheeled sweaters. and they need $200 flannel and they need to give up their liberties to be safe, etc. I, for one, want individuality here, Not a hive mind doing things just 'cuz they have the money to waste.

/off rant

will samurai still make models with hidden arcs?

geneticdrifter, the fuck? I'm interested in sams because i think they're interesting, not because I "need" to be cool or whatever.

This whole "holier than thou" additude just keeps newbies(if thats the right term) away from ever even thinking about buying denim that isn't sold at the mall.

not soaking raw denim then wearing them for months will result in some problems down the road..so it is recommended that you at least soak all raw denim before putting in hard wear.

i always give my raw denim a hot wash before i start wearing them..to get most of the shrinkage out of the way from the start..sams are very starchy and will still be very stiff after a soak or a wash.

i never accused you of anything but being thinking deficient. I'm sorry if you took away anything else from my post as being directed towards you. I'm not going to argue with you. If i wanted to call you out or say that i thought you were wrong i would have done so. if you accuse me again of not being willing or able to call you out then i might be forced to prove it to you. lol j/k

I would suggest you calm down and re-read what i posted without thinking the world revolves around you. You are free in the world and you don't need to do anything. Define your world, don't let the world define you.

for clarification, my whole point was that by chan (who i respect) saying you needed to do something, he entrenches the the wholier than thou attitude. it makes people think they have to do things with their clothes, which in my mind inevitably leads to i need to wear my clothes a certain way, cuz society/my friends/the internet says so.

they are your clothes you don't need to do anything but wear them.

This whole "holier than thou" additude just keeps newbies(if thats the right term) away from ever even thinking about buying denim that isn't sold at the mall.

if posters newbies or not are going to ask basic questions without reading all the good information that can be found on this board first then maybe they should stick to denim that is sold at the mall

Raoul Duke - i like the fit. keep em

on another note i sent my samurais to Schaeffers Garment Hotel in LA in to get a chainstitch hem. hopefully they should be back tomorrow. ill let everyone know after i inspect them if i recommend them.

Thanks for the input guys...and thanks again for the wash suggestion. I can't believe how much they shrunk in the wash after doing 2 hot soaks previous.

im glad you are a believer of the hot wash vs. just a soak with samurais

Hey do you got any fit pics? :)

Not yet. I did a hot soak and tumble dry on these guys I do like the fit. The only thing is I left the waist out of the water because I didn't want the waist to shrink, but I am considering going ahead and throwing them in to do a hot wash and another tumble dry but still uneasy about the waist shrinking up too much.

Anyone have a good proxy suggestions for Samurais delivered to the East Coast of the U.S. I'm interested in a pair of size 34 0500s and BiG only has one pair in that size that they, for one reason or another, pre-hemmed to a 35 inseam, which will be to short after a soak or wash. BiG does not expect to get any more for a couple of months so that is why I am seeking a reputable proxy.

Have your 710s typically shrunk more than they stretched (from original raw waist) or stretched more than they shrunk?

I'd say mine stretched pretty close to the original measures. I bought them true to size so they haven't been extremely tight at any point.

Yeah sorry. I've working on an economics paper much of the night and this morning. Still in paragraph mode. I'll try paraphrase to read-able forum size.

I want the waist to be about 15.75-16 across after soak and stretching.

(from Gordon and BiG, across waist)

size 30 = 15.75 raw,

size 31 = 16 raw

soak = -(0.5 to 0.75)

stretch = +(0.5-1.0)

For those familiar with the cut, think I should go for a safer size 31 or tighter size 30?

Have your 710s typically shrunk more than they stretched (from original raw waist) or stretched more than they shrunk?

I think this will be a thigh and hem issue mostly, which ever youd feel more comfortable with, given how the 19oz denim stretches quite a bit. Also keep in mind that general rule about the tighter it is the more it'll stretch (depending on the denim of course), and in this case the denim is pretty lenient in that regard.

you said something about wanting/liking the Dior fit, which is going to require sizing down because tts the 710's really aren't that slim. I sized down a couple and managed to stretch the waist out 2" beyond the original measurement. If you want a slim thigh/hem go with the 30. It might be slightly uncomfortable at first but it will easily stretch out.

^ thats true but something to keep in mind is that i noticed, at least with my pair, that the thighs stretched considerable less than the waist did. unless you will be doing things that would place a lot of stress on that area, like say biking or something, then youd probably get more stretch there. otherwise, it'll stretch slightly but not a lot.

^absolutely... I buy jeans almost purely based on thigh measurements (within reason) purely because of this. Thighs don't stretch easily and if they must, it's no fun.

I figured since he was looking into Diors he couldn't have too huge of thighs because I must be the fattest person out there that wears Diors and I could size down several on my 710's!