Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Haven't soaked them yet, but this time the size 27 actually fits exactly on my waist; unlike the 28's where they I had an excess of two inches to spare in the beginning. I am crossing my fingers to finally get these right, if they don't, I have just wasted 606 bucks just trying them on. The S0500s should be slimmer than the S5000vx, right??

Picture055.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

what do you guys think?

Here are my Samurai 5000vx 21oz after 4 months.

One soak, one wash 2 weeks in (bbq sauce FTL).

154ewc6.jpg

Looking good so far imo. Gonna hold on the first real wash for a while yet. Next pics will be post wash with a Digital SLR that is coming in the mail. So for now a point and shoot will have to work. Color is pretty accurate.

[e] legs are obv. the same size. Looks fucked cuz of the way they are laying on the ground.

wash hot. or soak more than once and you'll get all the shrinking out.

would it be a big difference? I was thinking a really hot water soak an hour-2 hours.

How would a hot wash be, just a quick soak and throwing them in for a hot wash for 15 minutes or so?:confused:

would it be a big difference? I was thinking a really hot water soak an hour-2 hours.

How would a hot wash be, just a quick soak and throwing them in for a hot wash for 15 minutes or so?:confused:

just skip all the soaking nonsense and throw them in the wash inside-out with no detergent and hot water. take them out before the spin cycle, straighten them out, throw them in the dryer with a damp towel that you don't mind turning blue, and put them on high heat for 15 minutes. take them out, straighten out again, rub out any creases caused by the dryer, and hang them out to dry. and there you go!

real talk, you arent going to get the max shrinkage possible with only one water exposure, even if the water is mad hot. you will have to dry it fully, then re-immerse it in hot water @least one more time to get it all out. dry heat is good to an extent, but those damn creases, and any holes get all fluffy and shit. its quite patience-testing to multi-soak denim, but if you want truly max shrink before you beat them in hard before that first' real wash' 6 or so mos. later one water dip wont do it.

So I just did one hot soak with a 5 minute pre-wash

the inseams went from 38.5(according to BiG, unfortunately I didn't measure the raw inseam when I got it) but after the first hot soak for 1hr and 40 min hot dry, the inseam is now 33. It is still too long.

here are some post pics. Should I give it one more hot soak or hot wash + dryer time before I hem them and fuck these bitches eRR night?

excuse the double cuffing, it is just too long and I don't really like huge stacks. and how the fuck do i get rid of these creases? damn dryer, all twisting my leg and shit

Picture082.jpg

Picture076.jpgPicture079.jpg

so i did more searching in this thread and found out (regarding the 710's i plan to order from 2nd) that they will shrink between 2-2.5 inches after some combo of a hot soak(s) and a hot wash. i need them to be between 32-33 inseam after this process so i will be asking them to hem them to a 35 inseam. and yes, they do use a chainstitch for the hem. so after all the reading i did no one really got specific on the hot wash technique. i'm sure it's really obvious but is it really just running the jeans through a hot wash cycle with no detergent? regular cycle or gentle? does the agitation really cause more shrinkage than just a soak?

not sure if this helps you, i hot soaked my flatheads and they shrunk about 2 inches in inseam.. they fit too roomy still so i threw em in the washer on gentle cycle and they lost another inch

since then i have washed/dried and the inseam has stayed at 33 from 36, so the hot wash got out all the shrinkage

thanks bryan. so it looks like 3" is a standard to expect after a soak and wash. i'm thinking the 35" hem i'm requesting should be perfect then to get to the 32" inseam i need. did the wash put any weird creases in your jeans?

not sure if this helps you, i hot soaked my flatheads and they shrunk about 2 inches in inseam.. they fit too roomy still so i threw em in the washer on gentle cycle and they lost another inch

since then i have washed/dried and the inseam has stayed at 33 from 36, so the hot wash got out all the shrinkage

Having owned both fits in the same size I can say that the 0500xx are slimmer from the knee down but otherwise the they are roomier than the 5000vx!

wait, what? you're saying the S0500xx is roomier than the s5000vx? that means the s5000vx has a more general slimmish fit?

fuck, then that's the cut i should be getting all along.....

$#@&!^@&!&!&

i thought this whole time the s0500xx was a slimmer fit and now you telling me that s5000vx is more slimmer? according to big, the measurements show the s0500xx has a smaller thigh by an inch of size 28s. Since you have two, show me fit comparisons. Cause I bought another pair of s0500xx in a size 27, the fit is good, i like it, but I was intending for it to taper to be a better silhouette so that's why I sized down like two. Damn, so much money wasted. you teasing me here?

after the gentle cycle wash did you machine dry?

no one has any insight on why a machine wash achieves more shrinkage?