Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

hm. i was comparing the weirdguy indigo to slimguy super-thick indigo.

weirdguy has 10in front rise and 14in leg opening while slimguy has 10.5in front rise and 16in leg opening. doesn't that mean slimguy is bigger? which has a roomier thigh?

Not necessarily... slimguy is a slim, straight leg fit. Weird guys are a tapered fit, giving a more form fitting for those with larger thighs . Slim guys may have a larger leg opening, but i believe the weird guys have a roomier thigh, even though the rise is slightly smaller.

weird guy is bigger. skinny is tightest fit, then slim, then weird.

wrong.

skinny is the slimest, then wierd guy (top block of slim guy, taper below knee) then slimguy (slim straight cut)

right?

i sized down 1. could have gone down 2 with how much stretch i got, but to be honest, i really really love the fit i've got sized down 1. the waist on mine is really stretched out, but the legs just stretched as far as my legs went, so they still look tight without actually being skin tight.

i really wouldn't use my advice all that much for sizing purposes...i'm much bigger than almost every sufu member at 6'5" tall. so my proportions and weight distribution are quite different than someone shorter than me. i've seen a few sized down 2 on here that look just right.

alright...somebody asked me to post progress on my weird guy deep indigo after i soaked them. no soap or detergent mind you, just a soak in hot water. and for reference i have a picture from 4 months ago. these only got wear after work and on the weekends, but i beat the shit out of them out on some long photo shoots and alot of hours in my workshop doing sculpture/artwork. they're covered in charcoal, sand, dirt, quite a bit of rust, and a lot of other stuff. pretty dirty, so the soak helped to remove surface particles. i'm gonna hold off on washing these as long as i can, and i want the dirt etc. to get ground into these and give (hopefully) a good dirty looking fade in the end product.

this was taken at 1 week.

4327072296_6f7b5da544_o.jpg

just took this tonight, light has sucked the last few days, and i lost the base attachment for my tripod...so i had to set the camera down to take this.

4327074084_be4bd07075_o.jpg

4327098232_030fd36082_o.jpg

again, it's night time and i don't have a tripod and i have shitty lighting in my home, excuse the blurry picture.

4327078202_e795c988c8_o.jpg

these jeans are really stubborn in losing indigo, but i guess i've probably only worn them a total of 40 or 50 days worth over the past 4 months, so i don't know really. they're a size 33 by the way. again like i posted earlier. they look much better without the overdye / shine they had before the soak.

cheers people.

wrong.

skinny is the slimest, then wierd guy (top block of slim guy, taper below knee) then slimguy (slim straight cut)

right?

my mistake, i checked their website, the weird guys have a "tapered leg" whereas the slim guy are "straight slim" and the skinnies are denim tights, i have a pair from when i was 20 pounds lighter and they fit great, nowww, i feel like i might need to hit the gym again before i throw those on.

these jeans are really stubborn in losing indigo, but i guess i've probably only worn them a total of 40 or 50 days worth over the past 4 months, so i don't know really. they're a size 33 by the way. again like i posted earlier. they look much better without the overdye / shine they had before the soak.

cheers people.

i've been wearing the same jeans everyday for 3.5 months now and you're right, even after 2 soaks, very stubborn in loosing indigo. except on my fleece vans chukkas :(

agreed. my WG regular indigos have about 5 months on them (moderately hard wear) and are not fading much at all. the corners of my wallet in my back pocket, a tiny fade on my ankle from stacking, but mostly the crotch which you cant see.

the "fading" i've been getting would probably not come out on my webcam (i dont have a digi cam on hand) since its extremely light and subtle in the few places that are actually fading...

i think i like how dark they are, not sure if ill like them after a soak.

then again Z you just said they look way better post soak....

where do you work?

i work at dutil denim in vancouver, which is where these jeans are available. we have a pretty deece size run too, about 15 pairs or so

i'm sure they're gonna stretch out, though much like the 21 oz they're stiff like crazy.

agreed. my WG regular indigos have about 5 months on them (moderately hard wear) and are not fading much at all. the corners of my wallet in my back pocket, a tiny fade on my ankle from stacking, but mostly the crotch which you cant see.

the "fading" i've been getting would probably not come out on my webcam (i dont have a digi cam on hand) since its extremely light and subtle in the few places that are actually fading...

why? what happens when you soak them?

why? what happens when you soak them?

they lose a ton of their starch, so the denim is "healthier". less prone to damage and it feels much more natural. still stiff as a board for a bit but they soften out alot more than they would with the starch still there. the denim loses its shine, and IMO this is essential to fading a pair of jeans. if they're shiny, they don't catch as much abrasion from daily wear and tear. when they're soaked and that sheen is gone, then the denim begins to develop character. It's by no means essential to soak your sanforized jeans, i just prefer to do it this way, another big reason is the deep indigo are really overdyed when they're raw.

if you want crunchy jeans, don't soak them. but even my skulls, which i feel are the stiffest denim in the universe raw, really benefit from a soak. the texas cotton needs it to get really rough and dry.

the long and short. it's up to each wearer what they want to do. i'm sure there's people here who've soaked, and plenty who didn't because it is completely unnecessary with sanforized denim. no right or wrong.

since i really love the fit and comfort of my silk denim skinny guys and cashmere blend slim guys, i emailed brandon svarc to see if there are any additional colors/washes coming in the future. he wrote back such:

"In the Fall we will have a new cashmere stretch denim in the SkinnyGuy fit in dark indigo."

i'm definitely buying these.

since i really love the fit and comfort of my silk denim skinny guys and cashmere blend slim guys, i emailed brandon svarc to see if there are any additional colors/washes coming in the future. he wrote back such:

"In the Fall we will have a new cashmere stretch denim in the SkinnyGuy fit in dark indigo."

i'm definitely buying these.

They don't fade much right?

Yep. That's why it's funny when I posted my friend's at 18 months no one believes me he's worn them for that much. Regular indigo takes forever to fade. I've worn mine for over a year and only have wallet fade, ankles, and some whiskering.

Is size 28 the smallest size for N&F denim?

I wear a size 26 in APC PS

If 28 is the smallest size does that mean I probably shouldnt get it

since I cant size down?

Thanks.. I was thinking about getting the weird guy deep indigo

I was trying to neg you for that stupid rhetorical question from my BB, but I accidentally hit pos. Rep. Read the thread before asking a question like that again. there are probably a hundred answers to that question on page 1.