Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Yep. That's why it's funny when I posted my friend's at 18 months no one believes me he's worn them for that much. Regular indigo takes forever to fade. I've worn mine for over a year and only have wallet fade, ankles, and some whiskering.

Ditto with my experience with the 21oz slim guy. Wore them >6 months almost nonstop and barely got a wallet fade.

The WGs faded more - slimmer cut, lighter cloth, starchier = faster fades. But you can't mess with the 21oz for durability.

they lose a ton of their starch, so the denim is "healthier". less prone to damage and it feels much more natural. still stiff as a board for a bit but they soften out alot more than they would with the starch still there. the denim loses its shine, and IMO this is essential to fading a pair of jeans. if they're shiny, they don't catch as much abrasion from daily wear and tear. when they're soaked and that sheen is gone, then the denim begins to develop character. It's by no means essential to soak your sanforized jeans, i just prefer to do it this way, another big reason is the deep indigo are really overdyed when they're raw.

if you want crunchy jeans, don't soak them. but even my skulls, which i feel are the stiffest denim in the universe raw, really benefit from a soak. the texas cotton needs it to get really rough and dry.

the long and short. it's up to each wearer what they want to do. i'm sure there's people here who've soaked, and plenty who didn't because it is completely unnecessary with sanforized denim. no right or wrong.

to go along with what you said:

Also explains why it's good to soak all denim - sanforized or not - because that interlocking also helps to strengthen seams and stitching areas, and it also brings out the real character of any denim.

and i still don't wanna wash my jeans!! :eek: maybe its time to start thinking about it.... maybe just a cold soak?

There is no reason to be stubborn about soaking or washing your jeans. If you dont wanna you dont wanna dont make a big deal about it. Everyone is just explaining why its good to do and why they do it. I used to be the same way wanted to wait the 3 or 6 or 12 months before soaking and its not a bad idea but i decided im just gunna soak or wash when i feel its necessary. To be honest ive noticed besides my one pair of nudies that after a soak the fades were more defined and also new fades and the old fades progressed much faster. But that could just be in my head haha

agreed, bsjohnson looks like you got some decent fading goin on around your thighs too.... im guessing you ride a bike?? mine aren't nearly that worn in yet. have they been soaked/washed?

and itschrisb i think you may be right. Z also mentioned that post- soak, the denim is more "vulnerable" and will fade and become beat up faster. ill be soaking pretty soon.

how do you guys keep the water hot? last time i tried to soak my waistband the water became warm after 3 or 4 minutes....

agreed, bsjohnson looks like you got some decent fading goin on around your thighs too.... im guessing you ride a bike?? mine aren't nearly that worn in yet. have they been soaked/washed?

and itschrisb i think you may be right. Z also mentioned that post- soak, the denim is more "vulnerable" and will fade and become beat up faster. ill be soaking pretty soon.

how do you guys keep the water hot? last time i tried to soak my waistband the water became warm after 3 or 4 minutes....

thanks guys, and yes I do ride a bike 5 days a week to school, about a 1/2 mile a day. I also wear them about 12 hours a day total 7 days a week. I am super busy so i am always on the move in these jeans. For me they are coming along pretty quick. they have not been soaked or washed yet but I'm thinking about going ahead and doing a soak after reading some of the intelligent posts on that subject. I will post more pics of a post soak when I finally do it

Z....the color looks great, how many soaks/washes you got on those bad boys?

gunna pick up a pair of weird guy black jeans, do these tend to stretch as much as the indigo ones? or run with the same sizing? i have the 21oz weird guys in a 32 and the thighs are kinda tight debating on if i should size up on these to a 33.

^^ They run with the same sizing. The thighs were really tight on my Weird Guys. I wish I sized up one or two.

Thanks man, anyone have any good evo pics of the blacks i dont think ive seen any really at all

^^ They run with the same sizing. The thighs were really tight on my Weird Guys. I wish I sized up one or two.

I actually had to size up 1 just for comforts sake. They're a bit larger in the waist but feel great through the thigh and leg.

The only issue I have right now is that the stacks froze into place after walking to and from class this morning. I was hoping they'd settle a little more naturally as opposed to getting tucked on top of a boot.

They don't. I'll bet you right now they'll look more or less the same after 1 year.

i hope you're right, everyone bashes the indigos and insists deep indigo are better.

....gotta make my indigos come out nice so i can show all you non believers!

i hope you're right, everyone bashes the indigos and insists deep indigo are better.

....gotta make my indigos come out nice so i can show all you non believers!

Mine are coming along great for such a short period of time, I can only assume they will kick ass after 12 months. I person that posted pics of the indigos that were over a year old said himself that they did not wear them hard and just sat around in them... I am wearing mine while living a very active lifestyle. There are only a hand full of people talking about them on this website, that is not a large enough sample size to assume that all pairs fade slow or fast.....

it's a pretty ludicrous statement to say that mine will look the same after a year as they do right now, I will keep posting evo pics

so i just soaked these two weeks ago, but realized last night that they really smelled, and had dirt, rust, whatever ground into them that just wasn't coming out with a soak. decided to wash them. hand wash, normal detergent, very hot tap water, and quite a bit of agitation and rubbing to get the damn sediment out. an in process picture

water was almost black.

4350014142_8d1f586e64_o.jpg

here is what i've got going on so far. forgot to take pictures of the back, but you get the idea, feeling good about the lap fading considering these are pushing 2 months of actual hard wear. had them since september though.

4349259097_36629938c1_o.jpg

yup. and so on.