Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Naked and Famous Hanked Dyed Natural Indigo Weird Guys, Sz 29 (Sized down)..

web.jpg?ver=12631051290001

I love the fit and finish on these. Probably the nicest pair of N&F jeans i've seen (of course with the price tag to go with them). That hank dyed denim looks amazing, and the fit looks really good. I like how it looks stovepiped in that size. I can't believe you got them to stand up, aren't they a lighter weight denim?

hmmm that is funny. i think the thigh measurements are a little larger on the weird guys. did you only size down one size on your NS ? i always suggest going 2-3 sizes down. i love APC jeans though, the denim is stiff as hell when you get it and the fade pretty fast. why would anyone pay 300$ when apc and n&f jeans are half as much...

do you understand the difference in quality between different jeans? sure some are a better bargain, n&f being a great denim for the price tag, and though the quality of apc's isn't up there, the branding and finishing are worth the cop, but really there IS a difference.

APC's you have to size down about 2. naked and famous 1. APC's stretch out ALOT more then N&F as well. This sounds about rite.

do you understand the difference in quality between different jeans? sure some are a better bargain, n&f being a great denim for the price tag, and though the quality of apc's isn't up there, the branding and finishing are worth the cop, but really there IS a difference.

APC's you have to size down about 2. naked and famous 1. APC's stretch out ALOT more then N&F as well. This sounds about rite.

but when all is said and done i have seen a real nice pair of well faded APC ns jeans next to a pair of kicking mule workshop jeans, and yes the kmw may be better quality but it was not like the difference between a cheap chinese fender compared to an American made one.....in other words at the end of they day they both looked sick and unless you were up close examining the two pairs in your hand.....quality did not matter

but yes...i want to buy a pair of flat head jeans :)

I love the fit and finish on these. Probably the nicest pair of N&F jeans i've seen (of course with the price tag to go with them). That hank dyed denim looks amazing, and the fit looks really good. I like how it looks stovepiped in that size. I can't believe you got them to stand up, aren't they a lighter weight denim?

yeah those jeans look great, i wonder if they will take longer to fade...i say yes

14.5 oz sanforized RHT denim...

it doesn't have to be heavy weight to stand up, the denim is stiff and it feels like a piece of cardboard...

super nice color, did these cost an arm and a leg?

after the discounts, the price is on par with most high end japanese denim.. considering this pair is hank dyed, it's worth it IMO..

don't expect it to fade much though, I love the color as is, and chances are I'll be wearing this only a couple of times a week.. for project jeans, I have my sugar canes and 1937LVC... I also have 3 other pair of jeans int he closet waiting to be soaked..

in fact, after the initial soak, the denim barely lost any indigo, it was nothing like the LVC1937..

this is good fading for just over three months of casual wear. these jeans at a year will look great, much less 18 months !

As I said before, Indigo take forever to fade in contrast to Deep Indigo and 21 oz which they are pictures floating around here. I also have the Indigo and for the amount of wear I've put in, it resembles 3 month of wear.

My friend's that I posted were in fact worn for 18 months, mind you we tend to sit on our butt a whole lot. We don't bike, walk a whole lot like most people. But still, Deep Indigo at 4-5 months would have more fade than Indigo worn for over a year.

It's the way they're dyed, it barely loses any indigo.

Those look awesome ah_long. Love their colour / texture.

Pardon my naivety' date=' but what exactly is Hank Dyeing?[/quote']

before weaving the denim, each bunch of threads is hand dipped into natural indigo and then let dry in the air.. repeat for over 10 times, hence the difference in colors and that's why you see the vertical patterns..

another interesting thing about this denim is all the indigo is grown in japan rather than from other countries.. if you see these jeans in person, you'll be immediately in love with the texture and color

whoaaaa

I've just been emailing with Brandon - this is awesome awesome news:

N&F will be dropping a >21oz, superheavy, rigid black jean in Aug '10, likely available in BOTH a black warp/white weft and an all-black version. Limited ed'n, price point >$300.

sounds pretty interesting, I guess n&f are doing well selling 21oz jeans. If you live up north I guess August might be a good time to start breaking in some jeans for winter

so now, after they get their foot in the door, they jump up into the 300 price range?? crazy

In their defence, their regular weight indigo selvedge is as good a deal as you can find in the market. The $300 range is pricey, no question, but who else does a full-selvedge black denim jean in 24oz denim (I presume that's what is meant by "heavier than 21oz")? The only thing that comes close would be the Sammy BK, which is 19oz and costs $335 if you are lucky enough to find a pair.

My impression is that N&F wants to keep making high quality denim accessible (see their regular lines, plus this new Unbranded Brand he's doing for UO) -- but that he also has an interest in pushing the envelope. See the green denim in the tour thread, the hank-dyed denim, this superheavy black that's coming out, the silk blends, the cashmere blends, etc.