Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Some one else wore the jeans for 4 months without washing them, and now you're wearing them? Don't you think that's kinda nasty to be wearing previous dudes sweaty smelly jeans?

@ appfaff - I didn't know detergent was bad for denim. I've been washing all my jeans with regular detergent and haven't had any bad results. I actually tried the wash without detergent the first time I washed my 21 oz but they still smelled bad so I had to wash them again with detergent...

What do you guys do in your jeans that makes them smell so bad. I've only soaked my nudies and wore them for close to six months and they've never really smelled, not anywhere to the point where i felt they needed to be washed.

Like people said just wash them you'll be fine no reason to smell horrible haha.

Some one else wore the jeans for 4 months without washing them, and now you're wearing them? Don't you think that's kinda nasty to be wearing previous dudes sweaty smelly jeans?

@ appfaff - I didn't know detergent was bad for denim. I've been washing all my jeans with regular detergent and haven't had any bad results. I actually tried the wash without detergent the first time I washed my 21 oz but they still smelled bad so I had to wash them again with detergent...

My bad,

I miss-spoke on that one.

Detergent is not bad for denim, it is just what causes the Inidigo to fade.

There is no harm in washing your jeans with detergent, in fact, I think you should wash them with detergent, haha.

For the people that have stinky jeans and are afraid to wash b/c of indigo loss, washing with out detergent and on cold is a good way to go.

Once again, my bad, good catch there kromo, (must spread rep)

What do you guys do in your jeans that makes them smell so bad. I've only soaked my nudies and wore them for close to six months and they've never really smelled, not anywhere to the point where i felt they needed to be washed.

Like people said just wash them you'll be fine no reason to smell horrible haha.

I live in my jeans. I work, I play, sometimes I sleep in them if the circumstance arises. Beer, alcohol, food, SWEAT, these all make jeans smell bad, but the main one is sweat. Also being in them for sometimes up to 16 hours a day might have something to do with it...

@ appfaff - that makes sense. I was pretty sure that Indigo was not water soluble but it might be with the help of detergent, although I have not noticed much of a difference in the darkness of my washed jeans...

@Kromo,

Nice! yeah, every jean is different. Some drys will get completely washed out with a wash too early, such as nudies, but well dyed, well made denim, most Japanese denim, holds it's color, even with washes.

Glad to hear the 21o are holding their color well, can't wait to see mine in a couple more months. may have to put them on hold come spring time tho, they are gonna be hot in a Southern Spring/Summer

even if you wash your jeans in a machine without detergent you are still washing them, its the fact that you are agitating the water that makes the jeans bleed. yes the soap will fade them faster but the wash cycle will still bleed out tons of indigo and in my opinion if the jeans are not broken in, ruin them.....not literally of course

@Kromo,

Nice! yeah, every jean is different. Some drys will get completely washed out with a wash too early, such as nudies, but well dyed, well made denim, most Japanese denim, holds it's color, even with washes.

Glad to hear the 21o are holding their color well, can't wait to see mine in a couple more months. may have to put them on hold come spring time tho, they are gonna be hot in a Southern Spring/Summer

yup 210z jeans are going to be crazy hot in the summer......i did it last summer, way to hot

Ya I got the jeans in May, wore them for a month, then hung em up. No bueno for the summer.

bsjohnson - did you not read my post? Indigo is not water soluble. That means that it does not dissolve in water, which means that washing them will not ruin them. If that were the case then everybody buying non sanforised jeans ( most of the japanese brands) would be ruining their jeans when they wash/soak them initially to shrink them.

damn i was gonna try cold soaking my deep indigos to stop the bleeding...cuz i hate getting my sneakers ruined by the indigo!

its summer now in new zealand now...man even being 14oz is too hot for me hahaha theyre just hanging in my room looking pretty now!

Ya I got the jeans in May, wore them for a month, then hung em up. No bueno for the summer.

bsjohnson - did you not read my post? Indigo is not water soluble. That means that it does not dissolve in water, which means that washing them will not ruin them. If that were the case then everybody buying non sanforised jeans ( most of the japanese brands) would be ruining their jeans when they wash/soak them initially to shrink them.

i agree, i just think with soaking them and washing them in a machine is two different things, the soak will not bleed as much indigo as washing in a machine....that is from my experience.

i'd go down one or be ready for a looser fit, which still will look cool. if you keep those wear a belt to minimize waist stretching

He's going to keep them - he doesn't have any other loose-fitting jeans, and he likes them too much to exchange/sell them. Plus he took off his belt to take the photos, he normally wears one.

If I wore a 29 in Nudie Thin Finn's how would I size on WeirdGuys? Should I go skinny guys if I'm 5 foot 7-8 and 120 pounds?

Go down at least a size. I have three pairs, the indigo, deep indigo and grey. The grey and indigo have stretched the same. Haven't worn the deep indigos yet at all but I expect they wouls stretch the same given time as they are stiffer.

go down a size in weirdguys or skinny guys?

Weird Guys... I don't know about the skinny guys as I have never tried a pair. I got a pair of weird guys and quickly decided that they have the best fit of any jean I have ever owned. I am a big guy so when I find somethiung that works I stick with it.

Weird Guys... I don't know about the skinny guys as I have never tried a pair. I got a pair of weird guys and quickly decided that they have the best fit of any jean I have ever owned. I am a big guy so when I find somethiung that works I stick with it.

yeah i love the APC new standard fit but the thighs are just a little to tight for me. i dont have huge legs but they are also not skinny at all.....i find the weird guys to be perfect

yeah i love the APC new standard fit but the thighs are just a little to tight for me. i dont have huge legs but they are also not skinny at all.....i find the weird guys to be perfect

Thats funny because I have both NS and Weird Guys in the same size and I find the NS to be much roomier to the point where I wish I went down an extra size beyond what I did.

Thats funny because I have both NS and Weird Guys in the same size and I find the NS to be much roomier to the point where I wish I went down an extra size beyond what I did.

hmmm that is funny. i think the thigh measurements are a little larger on the weird guys. did you only size down one size on your NS ? i always suggest going 2-3 sizes down. i love APC jeans though, the denim is stiff as hell when you get it and the fade pretty fast. why would anyone pay 300$ when apc and n&f jeans are half as much...

Hey there, I bought these indigo weird guys in a 32 yesterday. I wear a pair of thin finns in a 33, which I didn't size down at all with. With some idea of the sizing from what I've read, I sized down 1 with the N&F but, they can be done up with just a little bit of tightness in the calfs and back. If anyone could let me know what they think, I'd really appreciate it! (Sorry for the overall weak quality of pictures)

photo4w.jpg w640.png

photo2gw.jpg w640.png