Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I need some advice. I've worn a pair of these IH 555-01 for about 3 weeks now and I can't tell if they look too tight or not with focus more towards the thighs and I still haven't noticed/measured any stretching in the thigh... I'm assuming this will come later since all I've done in these jeans is sit around. The waist is pretty roomy, I can stick my whole arm down there if so inclined. I usually don't wear them this high, usually around my hips. Let me know your opinions, although I've already hemmed them so if they are indeed too tight... :wacko:

20140925_132236_HDR.jpg

20140925_132326_HDR.jpg

I think they look ok. A little on the tight side but you don't look like you're bursting out of them. If you haven't washed them yet you're probably in for a rough re-stretch out period.

But more importantly I think if you want us to convince you to like them, you probably don't like them yourself. 

Honestly squarebear, those just don't look like they're the right cut for your build.  You've got some pretty sizable thighs and it appears like the 555 is just not forgiving enough there.  If you like them, then you should rock the shit out of them, however, if they were my jeans I'd want to find a cut that suited my build better.  Just my $.02.  For what it's worth, I think TFH 3012 would look pretty great on you.

Honestly squarebear, those just don't look like they're the right cut for your build.  You've got some pretty sizable thighs and it appears like the 555 is just not forgiving enough there.  If you like them, then you should rock the shit out of them, however, if they were my jeans I'd want to find a cut that suited my build better.  Just my $.02.  For what it's worth, I think TFH 3012 would look pretty great on you.

Thanks SamLJack. TBH I did take them recently on a trip with me to Vegas and I got a few comments on them for better or for worse. I'm not really in to rocking what cannot be rocked and my frame muscle wise is the smallest it's been after a recent health debacle, so I plan on getting bigger. 

Luckily scored a IHM-04, size L. Would have preferred XL for layering, but you can't be picky with so few jackets made. Dispite the shoulders that could use 1" more I'm happy with the fit. The Alpaca is super warm & soft, the fabric dense and warm and the colour amazing. Inbetween a dark petrol and black/very dark navy.

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

Love this coat, Max!  Is that the navy blue or the black?  And where did you buy it?  ...if you don't mind sharing.  I'm not seeing any availability.  (of course, if you decide the L is too small, I'd take it off your hands :))

Ordered a pair of SEXIH22-301s last week and finally got around to taking some pictures. Gave them 2 machine washes on warm with low spin to get rid of as much shrink as possible because they were a little larger than what I'm used to. 

aoeyEsBl.jpg

LxlUxZUl.jpg

Presoak:

Waist: 37,5

Thigh: 13.5

Knee: 9

Leg Opening: 8.3

Rise: 10.7

Inseam: 36.5

Fit pics

CDtDJvUl.jpg

DzSWzznl.jpg

Post Soak

Waist: 36

Thigh: 13

Knee: 8.6

Leg Opening: 8.0

Rise: 10.4

Inseam: 34.5

Fit pics after a few days wear. I think they shrunk up nicely. 

13UEVN3l.jpg

0ZEOpHDl.jpg

B-Sandy, my friend also got the 301S over this last weekend.  We threw them in a 15 minute soak of the hottest water my bath would run, would that get most of it or does the second time really do it?

I think they shrunk up a bit more with the second wash, but not that much. Maybe 1/5 of an inch from the thigh down at most. Probably a bit less. Most of the shrink came with the first wash.

He just text me about the time you replied, he thinks he messed up. :(

I cant say that has happened to me YET, I imagine it sucks.

It was big in the waist by ~.75 we figured we could get that down and manage it so that it was a good fit, we went the wrong direction and should have stretched instead of trying to shrink.

These are left hand twill and can stretch a lot. Post soak mine were a 36, now they're upwards to 38 inches after a couple days. He should be fine. It'll be uncomfortable for a couple days but it should end up being fine.