Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Can someone compare/differentiate the IH-666-25 and the IHXB01-25? I see the differences in the measurements on the size charts, but that doesn't tell the whole story.Thanks much. mpp

Max - I was able to figure out on my own that the denim is the same. Thanks LOL 

Seul - thanks for the info. So BB has slimmer thigh than 666? 

At some point I'd like to get a pair of IH 25oz, and not sure which one. I've got a couple 634S which is a good cut for me, but I'd like something different too. When I was in SELA I tried on the 666 size 34 and it fit me well, looked good, but a little snug in the thighs.

I do agree that the 666 looks better on average/slim guys. I've only seen a couple of what I'd call decent fit pics of BB and I can't get a clear idea of what they might look like on me. Most shots I see are fade shots on the floor/ground or hanging. The top block looks, well, blocky on some. 

666-XHS'es have slightly bigger thighs than the regular 666S'es... And yes: the Busters have slimmer thighs, so those are not an option if the thighs of the 666S'es are already snug on you...

The new 666-UHRs have slightly bigger thighs than the regular 666S'es as well, check here (keep in mind those are RAW): http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/ih-666-uhr.html

Does anyone have any comparison photos of the unsanforized denim used on the new IH-666-UHR's and the normal 21oz denim Iron Heart uses on the 555-01's?  I ask because the photos on the Iron Heart site makes the UHR denim look more royal blue then the usual super dark midnight blue.  Thanks

This might have beem asked before but I've had my eyes set on a pair of 555's for a while now, and after checking some charts on the iron heart site and blue in green to compare them to my favorite pair of jeans fit wise, the Skull 5010's, I'm still a bit worried about the smaller thigh measurements on the 555's, whixch are a bit tighter. Does anyone have experience with that that could possible give some input on the matter? Much appreciated.

After the soak these will stretch past their original measurements with wear. 

• 2 weeks later...

X post from WAYW 2014 thread.

IH-666S

213 days 3 soaks.

IMG_8704_8705_rs-picsay.jpg

X post from Leather patch thread.

IH-666S 212 days 3 soaks

IH-666UHR 0 days 0 soaks

IMG_8696_mod2.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

I'm surprised the newly implemented process IH is using on their unsanforized denim hasn't been brought up. From what I have read it is being done for the next batch of 18 oz. buster raws. Supposedly the waterless process makes the denim more stable, like sanforization, while maintaining the qualities of loom state? I think this is interesting, though I have my doubts, and not sure I understand how it can still be indistinguishable from loom state. That said... It may very well be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just don't see how it can be "like loom state" if the Amount of shrinkage has been drastically reduced. Anyways, just wondered of snyone else has seen this or can identify the process and detail how works and the true effect it has on the denim.... Thought it was something discussion worthy.

Edited by tatmantall

^^Source? Ironheart forum I assume...?

I've been mostly following the UHR threads over there and hadn't heard mention of this process but my curiosity is piqued.

*(edit for typos)

Edited by ColdStorage

I do not see the point in doing this. It is the same denim used in the 666S and I've had two pair of these with no problems. Why change the unsanforized denim when you already carry them sanforized in the same cuts ? Seems like you are shooting yourself in the foot to me. Personally I do not buy sanforized jeans and I know a lot of other people don't either. Then there are some people that do not buy unsanforized. So you accommodate both customer base.

We have taken delivery of a new batch of these.

We have treated the denim to a new process which we call dry-sanforisation. This helps fix some of the instability which is inherent in a raw denim, but does not change the appearance of the face of the fabric.

Edited by CJ23

^^Thanks for the link. I didn't realize it was the denim for the Beatle Busters we were talking about. (That's not a cut that would work for me so I haven't really been paying attention.)

Can't pretend i'm an expert on denim production, but never heard of "dry-sanforisation"... I understand why some of this stuff has to be played pretty close to the chest but it would be interesting to know more.

Sometimes I feel like the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" motto is one of the best philosophies out there. I really don't understand what the advantage of this is, not that they care if I understand but as flo stated one of the big attraction of unsanforized denim is the shrinkage resulting in a more personal fit. Being 6'6" with a size 30-31 waist and mandatory 37.5" inseam it makes it VERY hard/ nearly impossible for me to find unsanforized denim cuts that work for me but the effort is well worth it in my opinion. I give props to IH for sticking to doing their own thing but, for now at least, this is the one time I don't see how this is advantageous to the person wearing the jean, unless it's purpose is to provide less shrinkage solely. In which case... Just buy sanforized denim. Just seems like a really strange venture, again just my $0.02, no harm meant and just thought it deserved discussion.

The word from Giles is.....

Re: The discussion on SuFu.  What we are doing is not designed to minimise the shrinking process, it is designed to stop the variance in sizing between production runs.  It is s complete pain to make a production run of 400 pairs of jeans and find that they are 1.5" smaller in the waist than the previous run.

Each run has definitely been different but how does this help with measurements ? I really have no idea how the process works but It seems like how they are cut and sewn are the problem. Not the shrinkage. I mean we are talking about sizing before being soaked right ? Denim only shrinks so much, so does this mean one run might have one inch shrinkage in the waist after being soaked and then another run has no shrinkage at all ? Just as long as they measure the same new ?...... Or am I just completely lost on what we are talking about ? Lol.