High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

^i just took it to mean his asking us if all we do is drool and window shop or if were actually coppin jawns, and im coppin'

diddy, mah du, youre a riot

ive already boasted about them in here a little back but i gomme summa these coming in in about 2 more weeks if alls going well..

safari_ostrichlg.jpg

russell safari's in all black on black ostrich, 7" high, w/ a vibram sierra sole and speed laces.

i was trying to think how gucci would design skull bashin' boots and thats what i came up with, pretty excited

^i just took it to mean his asking us if all we do is drool and window shop or if were actually coppin jawns, and im coppin'

Ah I gotcha. Right now still drooling for me, couple times I've shot off emails to proxy I've never had luck snagging a pair. Black/Black Safari's sound awesome, almost placed an order for a pair of charcoal chamois phII's. Part of me is hoping to snag a pair of NdG's on here or the bay though...

Anyone got experience with the Danner Desert Acadia? Supposedly a military boot, but Im starting to think it looks good... I guess they are lighter than their mountain boots aswell. And the best thing (for peasant status) is that they are pretty available on ebay...

desertacadia26000.jpg Slap on some regular boot laces, and beat them up...

I found A pair of Red Wings that I am actually fully backing.

2021-d2.jpg

Handsewn Chukkas, waxed leather, made in the US. Pretty sick.

Agreed. They are on sale on a certain website right now. I had mentioned those to our boy a few months ago...

And here are some Patrick catalog scans from back when.

6a00d8341c974f53ef010536a5ea12970b-.jpg

So where can I buy the machine to take me to this stuff?

Yeah, man, those are so sick. You could probably get a Christy Wedge sole put on any pair of Danners for about $50. Oh but suede...

Yeah the suede makes a difference for those. Question is, where would you get them re-soled (say, if you didn't have Danners, but some other type of stitched sole boots, and lived in NYC)?

There's a strange part of me that wants to resole every boot I come across with the Christy Wedge...maybe I'll stop once I complete and receive my RM order.

Also, not mountaineering but still post-worthy, thread fodder...

If anyone cares (good looks on the extra info Gnar), Arrow Mocs on the way...Lace Boots with crepe soles. Had an entertaining convo with the guy at Arrow whilst taking my order...where he said Quoddy's leather "sucks (now)"... Also, the one drawback he mentioned with the particular style I was ordering was that the crepe sole is put on by machine and, therefore, not resoleable after said sole is eaten away by the terrain. Oh well...still worth it in my mind.

i just had a little fun on the danner website creating my own mountain light 2s but $600 bucks?!!!

or you could get the experience for $1500 and they'll fly you to the factory, put you in a hotel, let you design everything, custom fit them and build them while you watch.

with airfair and hotel, it might be more cost effective than spending 600 to do it online.

i always wanted to go to portland anyway...

EDIT: nevermind, airfaire isn't included. blog corrected itself and i didn't notice. http://blog.oregonlive.com/playbooksandprofits/2008/06/lacrossedanner_step_into_desig.html

Just as severe separation anxiety was beginning to settle in, I got a package from Russell today. This fits in with the behind-the-scenes resoling conversation going on, you know who.

-2.jpg

New soles, laces and a little rub down.

Oh boy...I didn't realize/know that you had those as well. How long did that all take to get replaced/fixed up?

The pair I was planning on ordering was going to be that exact same design. Same laces even. Sheesh.

Oh boy...I didn't realize/know that you had those as well. How long did that all take to get replaced/fixed up?

The pair I was planning on ordering was going to be that exact same design. Same laces even. Sheesh.

Let's see... I mailed them out on Dec. 24th, got them back today. So, that long.

They are perfect.

I've said it before, but I have these Birdshooters as well, and though they look amazing, the comfort level isn't the same. (AND, they are 1/2 size too big, just a tad too long, and it's killing me, so they might have to get flipped. I can't do footwear that doesn't fit perfectly.)

IMG_4077.jpg

Let's see... I mailed them out on Dec. 24th, got them back today. So, that long.

They are perfect.

I've said it before, but I have these Birdshooters as well, and though they look amazing, the comfort level isn't the same. (AND, they are 1/2 size too big, just a tad too long, and it's killing me, so they might have to get flipped. I can't do footwear that doesn't fit perfectly.)

IMG_4077.jpg

What haassssss this world come to?!?!?!?!?!

But yeah, I knew about the Birdshooters...those are ill too...but I'm all about the black on black safari stance.

Just got off the phone with Danner... 6-8 weeks. Heads should know what I mean.

Also, not mountaineering but still post-worthy, thread fodder...

If anyone cares (good looks on the extra info Gnar), Arrow Mocs on the way...Lace Boots with crepe soles. Had an entertaining convo with the guy at Arrow whilst taking my order...where he said Quoddy's leather "sucks (now)"... Also, the one drawback he mentioned with the particular style I was ordering was that the crepe sole is put on by machine and, therefore, not resoleable after said sole is eaten away by the terrain. Oh well...still worth it in my mind.

Thx for the info. Ive been planning to order those crepe soled lace boots aswell, double soled version. How much extra do you have to pay for crepe sole? Any estimate how long the soles will last, if resoling isnt possible?

Thx for the info. Ive been planning to order those crepe soled lace boots aswell, double soled version. How much extra do you have to pay for crepe sole? Any estimate how long the soles will last, if resoling isnt possible?

Actually they didn't charge me extra, it was the same price as the Double Sole Lace Boot...I think they actually only do them double soled.

Good question, but I don't know how long they will last...they aren't super chunky thick...but the guy said they were standard thickness/size. Hope that helps.

did someone post this archival clothing Danner factory fieldtrip blog post thing yet?

i just had a little fun on the danner website creating my own mountain light 2s but $600 bucks?!!!

damn it ddml. i've been playing on that thing since you posted that. and i do not have 600 dollars to spend for the 3 times i go hiking a year. fuck.

i can't decide what leather to get...

danner3.jpg

danner.jpg

danner2.jpg