High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

You obviously aren't either if you think 30 is cold.

actually from montreal where it stays about 50 degrees colder.. but boston winters are worse than anything i've ever experienced up north. spend a week there next january.. actually dont, i wouldnt wish a boston winter on anyone

So I'm thinking of picking up a pair of these:

ROGU-MZ1_V1-BIG.jpg

... to wear for the few remaining weeks of snowy and icy weather in the Northeast U.S. Has anyone worn them (or the Quoddys) on icy and snowy sidewalks? How do they perform?

I love the way they look, but I imagine myself slipping and sliding all over New England.

Who makes those and where can I get them? Also, anyone know anything about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200313971684

a.s.

The construction and sole looks literally identical to the Rogues Gallery. The branding on the brown pair is different though. HdG you should just PM the dude who linked the picture...its from revolve clothing but I couldn't find it on the site.

E: Just to finalize the matter:

rg_boots_2.jpg

(from Robin's sale thread on StyleForum)

So after nearly six months and a £60 UK customs charge my Russells finally arrived the other day

DSCF2752.jpg

(excuse shitty borrowed digi cam)

and they are as impressively constructed as expected

when my feet slip inside it really does feel molded to my foot

but to my dismay when I walk my heels slip halfway up the backstay

despite the foot tracing and measurements they do not fit!:mad:

:(

gonna have a cobbler fit another eyelet if that don't work

back they go

nice knowing you boots if only for a short while...

So after nearly six months and a £60 UK customs charge my Russells finally arrived the other day

DSCF2752.jpg

(excuse shitty borrowed digi cam)

and they are as impressively constructed as expected

when my feet slip inside it really does feel molded to my foot

but to my dismay when I walk my heels slip halfway up the backstay

despite the foot tracing and measurements they do not fit!:mad:

:(

gonna have a cobbler fit another eyelet if that don't work

back they go

nice knowing you boots if only for a short while...

That's a bummer, but I don't think you'd have to send them back. You should be able to stick some foam inserts in the heel cup to sort this problem out easy. I don't see why you'd need another eyelet either. There are lots of cheap heel inserts/liners/cushions/pads, etc. out there. This is a common problem, one that would be hard to fix with a repair, but is easy to fix yourself.

Anyway here's a story - I had a pair of Safari boots resoled by RM recently and one of the soles was trimmed way narrower than the other. RM was super cool about it, I sent them back and they put a new sole on the offending boot, sent them back quick with no charge.

I got them back, and this time they trimmed the sole way too wide. Fortunately, I didn't need to send them back to get it fixed again - had a cobbler in the city do it cheap and easy. He did a great job, and showed me a pair of old Red Wings he had just put a new Christy sole on, they looked perfect. He laughed at RMs job on my safari boots, like "Who did this?"

I don't know what the deal is with the resoling/repair operation over there, but I probably won't take my chances again. Luckily, I live in NYC, where there is a skilled cobbler in every neighborhood that will do as good, if not, better jobs in a day for less.

Thanks for the concern gentlemen

I am away from home for a few weeks so will check out your suggestions when get back doc

there are a few reliable cobblers in my city I'll see what they have to say about it

In every other respect they are stunning and I'm pleased with how they turned out