High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

The construction and sole looks literally identical to the Rogues Gallery. The branding on the brown pair is different though. HdG you should just PM the dude who linked the picture...its from revolve clothing but I couldn't find it on the site.

E: Just to finalize the matter:

rg_boots_2.jpg

(from Robin's sale thread on StyleForum)

quoddy will make you ones like these.

looks like just some worn in AlbamxQuoddy ones but with a black sole...

saw some dude on the train this morning that had a boot looking like an alden indy in the toe and leather color/finish, but the back upper was a cordura or something similar like the russel safari boots on a white crepe wedge. any idea what these are?

it's not muscle soreness, it was in my hip joint. i feel like an angle was off and it was fucking up my gate. i have superfeet insoles in them (green high impact). i have the same insoles in my old pair, but maybe i need to play around with different insoles to work out the angle. i'm gonna be really pissed if it doesn't work out. as far as foot comfort goes, they're great. definitely something wrong though.

i used to use superfeet insoles in a pair of DMs, but noticed they put my heel up super high over my toes. i eventually switched and they fit so much better. the red wing insoles are so good with shock in the heel and hard plastic heel cups and arches. maybe try something like that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EricDW...I stand corrected...

To anyone interested in Danner Mountain Light II's: get them a half size small...as they are (much like Russell's) a half size too big in my "normal" size.

I have worn mine, with Superfeet insoles, about 4 times now...they are great. I was going to go in on a pair of custom joints...but decided against the extra expense. The standard retail joints with the brown leather and green laces really do it for me. Even without a Cristy Wedge, the Kletterlift sole works really well (as it looks quite good when on one's feet).

Guest jmatsu

where can i get nice hiking style highfashunz boots that are not that round and more pointy/narrow? i like banal chic shit, but i can't do the heel.

i'd like to get a pair of Danner mountain light ii or anything in leather gore-tex.

I live in LA, CA, and called every danner retailers that are on danner.com, but they don't carry this model.

anyone know the cheapest way to get mountain light?

I tried ebay already, but it is real random thing, but I'd really like to get my danner asap.

So...any suggestion please?

thanks

There are a ton of places to the American issue online, including danner.com. The ones you PM'd me about are a japanese exclusive that you'd need to proxy.

yep I noticed that yours are DJ version which is Danner Japan!

I mean, can i still get it from Oregon Factory store?

or just japan proxy? then how much should I expect to pay?

please let me know that kind of things please. please:)

thanks!

Incidentally the leather Gore-Tex (I think all MLs are Gore anyways) Mountain Light II should be much easier to find stateside.

Anyways quick google search

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___11786?CS_003=2477120&CS_010=11786

another site I found mentioned the 2007 release was discontinued... ML iii on the way?

read this thread.

yep I noticed that yours are DJ version which is Danner Japan!

I mean, can i still get it from Oregon Factory store?

or just japan proxy? then how much should I expect to pay?

please let me know that kind of things please. please:)

thanks!