High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Interesting looking blog gnar. Is it worth keeping tabs on? I'm still debating on asking for the black joints above for christmas, but after Hebay's reports of the "Leightweights" being too bulky, I dunno...

Definitely worth checking out. Actually written by a woman, which is interesting. She does an amazingly good job of keep tabs on all things wool and waxed cotton. Lots of cool old catalog scans. I actually found her through acontinuouslean.com, which is a load of shit, if you ask me, but worth an occasional look.

Haha..."The new Cabin Culture", the faroe Islands as a "blog item"? Dunno about that one there. hahaha

I got some Russel's on the way, as you can see a few posts above. Excited about that, after spending the better part of a year talking about them in this thread. I still haven't got my measurements together for the custom jobbies, but these should give me a feel for the quality and materials so i know better what i'm workin with when i do.

How's all with you?

Haha..."The new Cabin Culture", the faroe Islands as a "blog item"? Dunno about that one there. hahaha

I got some Russel's on the way, as you can see a few posts above. Excited about that, after spending the better part of a year talking about them in this thread. I still haven't got my measurements together for the custom jobbies, but these should give me a feel for the quality and materials so i know better what i'm workin with when i do.

How's all with you?

Yeah, it's really embarrassing to read, but once in a while he posts something interesting. Mostly it just makes me want to stop wearing clothes.

I'll be sharing my latest acquisition when it arrives - I'd rather post my own pics.

I think that Archival Clothing is an awesome blog. If you like rugged, you'll probably enjoy Archival Clothing.

Yeah, it's dope. I just read it all the way back through last March in one shot! I'll keep tabs on it for sure.

it put me on to this Brand McAlister. This waxed cotton down vest is kinda sick. Don't be put off by their "woodland camo" website. hahaha...

http://store.mcalisterclothing.org/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=MC-43&Category_Code=FIELDWEAR

I'm about to start the outerwear equivalent of this thread I think. That way we can have a happy meeting place for everything from Filson, to Vintage Northface, to Mountain Research.

Those Timbs look pretty night. Supposedly they're made "better" than the regular line..

Sorry if I'm shitting up the thread but I think these moc-toe's are pretty decent:

20050z.jpg

I'm in need of a black pair so I'm thinking of getting these after xmas/new years time..

HPIM5627.JPG

I see that people are posting here, but I'm not seeing the posts when I open the thread.

Also, I posted my new shit earlier, made an edit, and then it disappeared.

Oh well, shit is fucked up, but I suppose the thread must go on. I'll try again.

My new Arrow Moccasin crepe sole lace boots.

photo3.jpg

Thick-ass soft leather. Feels like I'm wearing someone else's feet. Seriously, wearing these is awesome.

Found these in my basement, belonged to my dad at some point but he never wore then so they are brand new. Any advice for which leather products to use on these? The leather is very dry from sitting in a closet for years, I have Obenaufs oil and LP but I'm not sure which to use...

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Got my Abingtons today. Quality is good, not great. For knocking around the city they're fine but I'd hesitate to use them on a true mountain hike. The boots are very light and need more heft for that application, both in leather thickness and reinforcement throughout the body. The ankle support is fully leather lined. Soles are the Vibram Morflex, very very light. For $180, I'm pleased. If you're interested in them, size down a full size.

abington1.JPG

abington2.JPG

abington3.JPG

abington4.JPG

I see that people are posting here, but I'm not seeing the posts when I open the thread.

Also, I posted my new shit earlier, made an edit, and then it disappeared.

Oh well, shit is fucked up, but I suppose the thread must go on. I'll try again.

My new Arrow Moccasin crepe sole lace boots.

Thick-ass soft leather. Feels like I'm wearing someone else's feet. Seriously, wearing these is awesome.

Look seriously good, did you have to ask for the crepe sole? I couldn't find a place to request it on the arrow moc order page. This is the boot right?

So my Russell's arrived, purchased form Itchy Sumac on Ebay, and I have to say, they are some of the most comfortable shoes of any variety I have ever put my feet into. The leather is butter soft, Inside and out, and they just hug the feet real nice when you slip em in.

I'm a size 11.5/12, and these 11D's fit damn near perfect. The only thing i can't figure out is if these were custom made for someone with higher arches than me, cause that's the one place the fit is a bit off.

They look great. The color is a little different than it looked on the ebay pictures, and due to lighting conditions, the pictures I took of them are similarly altered, but perhaps a bit better a representation of what they look like than the ones I posted a link to before.

The mid cut is nice and allows for skinny or normal jeans/khakis/etc.. to fall over them. They are relatively light-weight, and despite my wishes otherwise, will prolly be better suited for fall/spring than the dead of winter in upstate woodland New York.

Premier African Chukka with Chocolate Brown WeatherBuck and Plantation Crepe sole.

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4594-1.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg