The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I have the exact same hoodie, black XL, and I went up one size from the perfect pre-wash fit. I'm normally a medium in most T-shirts and shirts, I ordered a large hoodie, it fit perfectly, so I sent it back for an XL. Cold washed the XL, hung it up to dry, and if fit almost exactly like the large did pre-wash - perfectly. Hope this helps.

well, with the Strike Gold sweatshirts its kind of a toss up because they shrink. The medium crew fit well, pre-wash. It was slim however, but a decent fit (i sized by shoulder width, but didnt realize how short it would end up on me post wash). Once I washed it, it was too small. Self Edge notes this, I just failed to take it as seriously as I should have. The hoodies fit a bit different (raglan style shoulders vs the standard shoulder seam the crew has), and a large fit perfect pre wash, so I opted for the xl, and did a warm wash and hang dry and it ended up perfect.

edit** I did exactly what Skurlandski did, for the exact same reason

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon, after what you guys said, I'll probably go with a medium. I was thinking I'd be a small since I measured my wings+horns tiger fleeces (they're all small) and accounted for shrinkage, but I'm thinking maybe these are thicker by a bit.

Edited by misterjuiceman

Strike Gold has been around for 3 years, those other brands have been around for 15 to 20 years.

It's also because of their more grey cast fadings. Many peopl who I know like the green cast fading like on some ALD, Nudies,..

Thanks for your comments.

I love the slow way of fadings and wear mark over years. And that's why I don't have much updates. my next update will be very soon my 2 downgraded outdoor pants (Nudie and Denime) and 2 Lee Storm Rider denim jackets. All these 4 items are fighting very hard to be on the first place for a next downgrading from my outdoor to my work pants and jacket

The bad point of my slow fading is, that my life is really much too short for all my denim evolution projects I would like to see

Perhaps I have to hire some tough guys, who would like to break in some more raw denim projects for the Jeansmuseum without any washings or soakings no matter if worn by an urban cowboy or by a hard working man on a construction site......

I wonder if the 17oz Strike Golds cann hold up that well for so long with no wash--that'd be absolutely incredible.

I have no idea. Perhaps the crotch is still in good shape, because I wear them a little bit oversized?

I usually don't have much crotch troubles except my last Denime pants. And I'm using my bicycle every day, so a lot of work keeping the crotch area busy

Thanks! Nope, they're the 2105s. I am actually thinking of getting a pair of 3109s as a belated birthday present to myself.

Oh wow, I'm totally off--I guess I missed the brown weft in the pic.That seems like a really nice taper for the 2105. I was thinking of getting the 2109 (or 3109, so hard to decide!) just because I was worried it wouldn't be tapered enough once it's hemmed.

^ Yup, same exact cut just different fabric. And depending on the size you get (I have 29's TTS) they will appear skinnier vs. a pair of 33's. It also depends on your body type, but go for the 2109s the slim cut is perfect imo.

From yesterday:

tumblr_mjtfbvJho51rzzgy8o1_500.jpg

Dude if you don't mind me asking what tagged waist size 2105's are they? 29 you say?Look sick as fuck! Thanks

Edited by dant87