the richest/poorest sufu members

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, y'all are some rich kids -- parents forking over $4k a month to be in school is INSANE. Anyway, it kind of figures, seeing as there is a huge proportion of students or recent grads here, and most of the goods displayed aren't cheap.

Wouldn't say I grew up poor (in terms of real-world income distribution), but definitely lower middle-class (i.e. 25k USD or so for a family of 5). No welfare or anything but I was one of those free lunch public school slobs.

Now I am very solidly upper middle class. The wife and I will soon both have ivy professional degrees. I've scaled back my discretionary spending a good bit the last 8 months, as we are hoping to buy property in the next year or so and have onerous student loans to contend with.

Damn, y'all are some rich kids -- parents forking over $4k a month to be in school is INSANE. Anyway, it kind of figures, seeing as there is a huge proportion of students or recent grads here, and most of the goods displayed aren't cheap.

Wouldn't say I grew up poor (in terms of real-world income distribution), but definitely lower middle-class (i.e. 25k USD or so for a family of 5). No welfare or anything but I was one of those free lunch public school slobs.

Now I am very solidly upper middle class. The wife and I will soon both have ivy professional degrees. I've scaled back my discretionary spending a good bit the last 8 months, as we are hoping to buy property in the next year or so and have onerous student loans to contend with.

youz a unkle tom azz mofo

• 1 month later...
it aint about a salary, its all about reality

man this was going to turn into a cool rap thread until westside came along ... or maybe maybe he's pulling a dirtyoldbastard and it's still an awesome rap thread untill I came along.

My mom-mom and dad-day supported me through-out college in terms of tuition and a place to sleep. That was pre-sufu. I was lucky enough to have a job and nice income when sufu came into my life so everything about me that is cool (music taste, technology used, clothing/accessories rocked, movies/dvd-philia and such) was purchased/supported through my own means.

But now I quit my job since I built up enough savings. I moved back home and am slightly dependent on my parents again because I want to go back to school. My closet is functional but not extravagant. It fullfils my superfuture inspired need to be be unique. No hate on anyone, just posting up how I earned, lived and spent life.

i wouldnt generalize based on the few posts you see here

just because pieces are expensive doesnt mean kids are rich either, i mean, the ndg hood i bought was by no means cheap but i put money away time and time again to afford it

us kids in college squander money on equally expensive things: over time, the cash i see people spend on booze, drugs, cigarettes, fake ids, books, rent, food, gas, etc can really add up

4k a month is pretty extraordinary, im living on probably $200 a month

DAMN STR8

PUT DA GRANTZ IN SAFE CUZ WE SPENDIN DA JAXONS.

man this was going to turn into a cool rap thread until westside came along ... or maybe maybe he's pulling a dirtyoldbastard and it's still an awesome rap thread untill I came along.

West's post is from an AZ song .. Sugar Hill.

i'm sorry, but did anyone not realize how rich ProfMonnitoff's family must be? like yeah he should cut down on his extra spending and it's just like "wow wtf" that he has 500 GBP a month for investment, but it's sort of reasonable considering:

2000 GBP x 12 months a year

= 24000 GBP a year

~= 50000 USD a year

50000 USD a year that his parents have to allocate for him. i don't what your parents do Prof, but i'm jealous how rich you are :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
i'm sorry, but did anyone not realize how rich ProfMonnitoff's family must be? like yeah he should cut down on his extra spending and it's just like "wow wtf" that he has 500 GBP a month for investment, but it's sort of reasonable considering:

2000 GBP x 12 months a year

= 24000 GBP a year

~= 50000 USD a year

50000 USD a year that his parents have to allocate for him. i don't what your parents do Prof, but i'm jealous how rich you are :mad:

$50,000 is apparently still not enough

img1169de5.jpg

SHOWER HAIR

BIBZKOV

LACOSTE

UNIQLO (FUCK A CHEAP MONDAY)

BEAT TO DEATH SHOES

Yo, I went from a life of traveling to cities and heavy online shopping-sprees/ordering shit from japan through a japanese proxy/a lifestyle without pricetags and no buyers remorse but now lifes hektik cant aford shit/living day to day on some previous level shit/ I had a life of glory but now I'm just another "true superfuturetrash story"

4k a month is pretty extraordinary, im living on probably $200 a month

How the hell do you do $200 a month?

I spend about $7-800 a month not including school books at the beginning (some of that is covered by scholarship)

400-450 = rent, utlities, and cable/internet

100 = gas

200-300 = food and miscellaneous

I could scrub it and spend almost nothing on food if i put my mind to it. My friend works the dining room at a sorority house and brings back free food all the time. I might work there part time next semester just so i can go get free food whenever. Save up for cloak and lavinz